• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I think Vancouver is victim of the Washington syndrome (that is, thinking that they are better than they really are due to playing in a weak division).

they aren't a very good team

I think Vancouver is victim of the Washington syndrome (that is, thinking that they are better than they really are due to playing in a weak division).

they aren't a very good team

And their weak division doesn't make that as obvious as it normally would be.

Been thinking about this. I think Vancouver isn't that great a team, and maybe has too-high expectations because they win a lot of games in a weak division. Kind of like Washington in that respect. Anyone agree?

Been thinking about this. I think Vancouver isn't that great a team, and maybe has too-high expectations because they win a lot of games in a weak division. Kind of like Washington in that respect. Anyone agree?

No.

• Like 1

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/brian-burke-running-team-usa-gm-sochi-report-131556392.html

As reported on the “Brady and Lang” show by co-host Greg Brady, Burke will not be asked back as the team’s general manager. As Brady tweeted:

“Burke was told, as suspected, USA Hockey wants a current NHL GM. [Nashville GM David] Poile a strong candidate. Burke definitely wanted the job - obviously he made a huge commitment to after his son's tragic passing. Might be a mistake by USA Hockey.”

LOLUSA?

Burke did a LOT for USA hockey..built a solid team and came within a goal post of winning the gold medal..

The notion that a GM HAS to be a current NHL Gm is so stupid...Its actually better if the GM isnt working in the NHL.

That makes no sense to me too. If you could somehow hire someone who was the quality of an NHL GM, but wouldn't have those priorities, why wouldn't you do that? Burke's availability and interest seems like a significant and unusual opportunity for them.

That makes no sense to me too. If you could somehow hire someone who was the quality of an NHL GM, but wouldn't have those priorities, why wouldn't you do that? Burke's availability and interest seems like a significant and unusual opportunity for them.

exactly..Not even just priorities, but allegiance to certain players ...If Yzerman doesnt take St Louis, that can create a rift..If he takes him, maybe he is playing favourites..(just an example)

Apparently in Europe its different..National managers are not team affiliated..Thats the best way..

I think the role of GM is overvalued when it comes to international play.

For additional clarity, I think it has pretty much no effect, and the difference between the best choice and the 10th best choice is effectively nil. Still, if the best person for the job is available and asking for the job, seems odd not to give it to him for a reason that would be reasonable to use as a guide, but is silly to use as a steadfast requirement.

How about dem Wings. This is becoming one of my favorite Wings teams. The rookie line is fun to watch. Z and Pavs are awesome as usual. This team is totally coming together during the pmsyoffs. The few games I watched of the reg season was pretty sad. Hence I has them being swept in the 2st then 2nd round.

Helps that Toews has lost all composure and spends most of his time yelling at refs and sitting his ass and his 3 assists in the penalty box. Lol, dead wings? More like Dead Hawks amirite? Lololololol /obligatory troll

Never said I hated hockey. Hated NHL and stated before lockout ended that I will watch playoffs but not reg season. I watched 4 reg season games two of which were live due to free tickets. ;)

I have to say, I'm very surprised by the Wings. I thought this would be a laugher of a series. I haven't watched many games, but they must have figured something out, because they were not a great team in the regular season.

They figured out that they can ice an entire line of superstar kids that no one has a book on anytime they need a boost. Working wonders for them, and it's also helpful that Chicago's power play is a miserable joke.