Random Hockey Observations

Unless some unforeseen comeback in both series I am hoping for Boston to have a Bill Buckner like loss...Feel our pain.

All the teams I have backed are losing or lost..so be careful Hawks fans.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I dont think we will lose players like Malkin..

But we will lose a lot of players like Maxim Afinogenov

I hope you're right!

And thanks for those stats Zach, I didn't realize the numbers were so low.

There were 6 goalies each of the past two seasons.

Hmm...can I name them?

Bobrovsky, Bryzgalov, Nabokov...Khabibulin...Varlamov...I can't get the last one.

Hmm...can I name them?

Bobrovsky, Bryzgalov, Nabokov...Khabibulin...Varlamov...I can't get the last one.

Khudobin

Does this help or hurt Wiercioch?

Helps.

Patrick Wiercioch

In the early days of fantasy hockey, Wiercoch would have been a legitimate sleeper going into next season, what with year-end stats (19 points in 42 games) that were good but not amazing. But in this era, Wiercoch is on everyone’s sleeper radar, which means the temptation to grab him might lead to you drafting him far earlier than he should be selected, or trading too much to get him. Wiercoch does look to be poised for success at some point, but that still might still be a bit down the road from now. The reality is, in the 17 regular season games that Erik Karlsson played Wiercoch only dressed for 12 and had a grand total of four points. At this stage, I’d let someone else draft Wiercoch in a one-year league, as the chance that he breaks out is a lot less than him having a season that would lead to disappointment given the price it would take to get him.

What this "crack" analysis is missing is that with Karlsson around that would have put Wiercoch at least 3rd in the o-dman pecking order.

Note: actually sounds like the KHL-Gonchar thing is just an offer at this point . But possible given it's a) his last season b) he'd probably only sign for 3-3.5 M in the NHL c) Sochi.

• Like 1

Unless some unforeseen comeback in both series I am hoping for Boston to have a Bill Buckner like loss...Feel our pain.

All the teams I have backed are losing or lost..so be careful Hawks fans.

You can console yourself in that the playoffs are all about matchups. There's no guarantees that just because Boston did well that Toronto would have.

Note: actually sounds like the KHL-Gonchar thing is just an offer at this point . But possible given it's a) his last season b) he'd probably only sign for 3-3.5 M in the NHL c) Sochi.

Bob Mckenzie: DAL acquires Sergei Gonchar from OTT for conditional 6th round pick. I would expect Gonchar to sign extension with Stars but has KHL offer.

Mike Heika: Stars acquire defenseman Sergei Gonchar from Ottawa. Hope to sign him to a 2-year deal. http://t.co/Z58gL2esec

Seems insane to give Gonchar a 2nd year; I'd do one NP.

Which was part of the Soviet Union when he was born, dammit! :)

Actually funny. At work today my boss asked the foreign driver if he was Russian or Ukrainian, to which he answered, "I was born in the USSR, but now it's Ukraine"... so both.

Bob Mckenzie: DAL acquires Sergei Gonchar from OTT for conditional 6th round pick. I would expect Gonchar to sign extension with Stars but has KHL offer.

Mike Heika: Stars acquire defenseman Sergei Gonchar from Ottawa. Hope to sign him to a 2-year deal. http://t.co/Z58gL2esec

Seems insane to give Gonchar a 2nd year; I'd do one NP.

Sarge was pretty good this year, wasn't he?

The Pens really still haven't replaced what he brought.

Sarge was pretty good this year, wasn't he?

The Pens really still haven't replaced what he brought.

Except for the last two games of the playoffs vs Pittsburgh and the first ~month of his contract he's been pretty good for the team. Esp, given all of the injuries to the defence, he's had to log a ton more minutes than he really should have.

I wasn't a fan of Bob Cole's work earlier this season, but he's pretty great right now. He's very into the games.

• Like 1

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22385087/video-player-goes-crazy-at-world-ball-hockey-championships

As disgusted as I am by the antics of this idiot, Im not at all suprised that its from the Canadian team. Consider me ashamed.

Also, the actions of the fans along the glass is equally, if not even more disgusting.

First one of you that comes back with the "But the Czech guy was taunting" excuse loses my respect for at least 15days.