• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I was with two other people in my house last night watching the game and we were all just looking at each other when play continued like "we all saw that go in, right?"

I think that goes in if it bounces.

That's what Edzo said last night...the spin on the puck would have carried it across and Seabrook saved a sure goal.

Nowhere else I can think of to post this, but I want to get my US Olympic Team full roster prediction written out somewhere:

(13 Forwards)

- Patrick Kane RW

- Zach Parise LW

- Paul Stastny C

- Derek Stepan C

- Ryan Callahan RW

- Phil Kessel RW

- Joe Pavelski C

- David Backes C

- Max Pacioretty LW

- Alex Galchenyuk (13th forward, float)

- Bobby Ryan RW

- James VanRiemsdyk LW

- Dustin Brown RW

(7 Defensemen)

- Ryan Suter

- Erik Johnson

- Ryan McDonagh

- Dustin Byfuglien

- John Carlson

- Jack Johnson

- Kevin Shattenkirk

(3 Goalies)

- Jonathan Quick

- Cory Schneider

- Craig Anderson

Also considered: Keith Yandle, Cam Fowler, Jason Pominville, Ryan Kesler

Great looking roster!

Has a definite Canadien flavor to it. :)

*Edit* Actually, I guess I only have two of your players on there...thought there were three for some reason.

I've only seen one angle, but from that angle, I'm going to say maximum 1 game, though I don't think he deserves any.

I guess it depends on how we define "principal point of contact" Is it the first point of contact? or the primary point? There is a difference. It looks like he may have made initial contact with the head, but 95% of the impact was shoulder on shoulder. He didn't jump, didn't charge.

Compare that to the Gryba hit, where the first point of contact may have been shoulder, but the head and neck absorbed a good chunk of the impact.

I've only seen one angle, but from that angle, I'm going to say maximum 1 game, though I don't think he deserves any.

Compare that to the Gryba hit, where the first point of contact may have been shoulder, but the head and neck absorbed a good chunk of the impact.

Agreed ... but you know there will be a game or two extra just because it's Torres

my post is based on what I think he deserves, though I could change my mind ocne I see some different angles.

He'll probably get 20 games or something though.

Nowhere else I can think of to post this, but I want to get my US Olympic Team full roster prediction written out somewhere:

(13 Forwards)

- Patrick Kane RW

- Zach Parise LW

- Paul Stastny C

- Derek Stepan C

- Ryan Callahan RW

- Phil Kessel RW

- Joe Pavelski C

- David Backes C

- Max Pacioretty LW

- Bobby Ryan RW

- James VanRiemsdyk LW

- Dustin Brown RW

(7 Defensemen)

- Ryan Suter

- Erik Johnson

- Ryan McDonagh

- Dustin Byfuglien

- John Carlson

- Jack Johnson

- Kevin Shattenkirk

(3 Goalies)

- Jonathan Quick

- Cory Schneider

- Craig Anderson

Centres are a lot weaker than Canada, but that's a nice looking lineup

(13 Forwards)

- Patrick Kane RW

- Zach Parise LW

- Paul Stastny C

- Derek Stepan C

- Ryan Callahan RW

- Phil Kessel RW

- Joe Pavelski C

- David Backes C

- Max Pacioretty LW

- Bobby Ryan RW

- James VanRiemsdyk LW

- Dustin Brown RW

(7 Defensemen)

- Ryan Suter

- Erik Johnson

- Ryan McDonagh

- Dustin Byfuglien

- John Carlson

- Jack Johnson

- Kevin Shattenkirk

(3 Goalies)

- Jonathan Quick

- Cory Schneider

- Craig Anderson

Yandle should be ahead of the Johnson boys I would think and if Kesler is healthy he would make the Canadian team.

( Forwards)

- Ryan Callahan RW

- David Backes C

- Max Pacioretty LW

- Bobby Ryan RW

- Dustin Brown RW

I always feel like the Americans have some great power forwards that could really push them over the top, but these guys never seem to play as well in these big tourneys as you would think, or hope.

Yandle should be ahead of the Johnson boys I would think and if Kesler is healthy he would make the Canadian team.

Kesler could easily slot in depending on how he's doing when the time comes but it would probably happen at Galchenyuk's expense. I chose Johnson x 2 because I think they're the ones who'll get picked (due to heavy commitment on both their parts to the USA Hockey cause) but I would personally probably choose Yandle also. It's close...the team I forecasted has a lot of PMD's and needs the more defensively responsible / physical guys like McDonagh and E. Johnson. I don't think they'll put Orpik on another team but it's possible. What they really need is 4-5 years of development for Seth Jones to happen by January of 2014...an American Shea Weber is what that team is lacking most of all.

I always feel like the Americans have some great power forwards that could really push them over the top, but these guys never seem to play as well in these big tourneys as you would think, or hope.

I don't feel that power forwards perform well in international tournaments overall...the bigger ice surface caters to the speedy shifty guys.

I don't feel that power forwards perform well in international tournaments overall...the bigger ice surface caters to the speedy shifty guys.

I was just going to suggest the same thing.

• Like 1

Kesler could easily slot in depending on how he's doing when the time comes but it would probably happen at Galchenyuk's expense. I chose Johnson x 2 because I think they're the ones who'll get picked (due to heavy commitment on both their parts to the USA Hockey cause) but I would personally probably choose Yandle also. It's close...the team I forecasted has a lot of PMD's and needs the more defensively responsible / physical guys like McDonagh and E. Johnson. I don't think they'll put Orpik on another team but it's possible. What they really need is 4-5 years of development for Seth Jones to happen by January of 2014...an American Shea Weber is what that team is lacking most of all.

Big ice makes puck movers more important. Plus the fact that Jack Johnson isn't very good at the hockey

Ill probably end up cheering for the US again...I am the least patriotic person when it comes to cheering for the Canadian hockey team..

I will go nuts over a Canadian Speedskater, lawn bowler, dart thrower...I love Olympic medals and cheering for Canadians..EXCEPT hockey usually..

Question for people, lets assume there is one championship that determines the greatest hockey country..World Championship, World Cup and Olympics all rolled into one..Its a huge win for the country..

Would you rather have your country win the gold medal in this or your team win the Stanley Cup.

To me its a NO brainer..Its not even close..But I have heard others go the other way.

Ill probably end up cheering for the US again...I am the least patriotic person when it comes to cheering for the Canadian hockey team..

I will go nuts over a Canadian Speedskater, lawn bowler, dart thrower...I love Olympic medals and cheering for Canadians..EXCEPT hockey usually..

Question for people, lets assume there is one championship that determines the greatest hockey country..World Championship, World Cup and Olympics all rolled into one..Its a huge win for the country..

Would you rather have your country win the gold medal in this or your team win the Stanley Cup.

To me its a NO brainer..Its not even close..But I have heard others go the other way.

I go Leafs, easy. But part of that is because Canada's place as the world leader in hockey isn't really in question at this point. Sure, other teams may put together 25-man teams that can challenge ours, but so long as half the players in the league come from a country of 30 million people, hockey will still be "our" game for a long time. It would take a lot more than a loss in a tournament or two to change that.

I do love it when Canada is playing at a big tournament, and fans of all teams unite, but it's still not really close for me. Good question though.