Random Hockey Observations

FTR, Fluery's reaction on the bench is priceless.Certainly both were at fault. DiPietro didn't make an attempt to move and took a shot at Cooke, but Cooke had no reason to skate anywhere near him that late in a 3-0. It looked like Cooked was gonna try to bump him, then saw DiPietro ready to hit him back so he tried to avoid it but failed.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

Why does Cooke have no right to be there? DiPietro wasn't even near his crease. Is Cooke allowed to go near defensemen late in games?
Yes. But he's not allowed to try to skate through the goalie. He has to go around him.
Yes. But he's not allowed to try to skate through the goalie. He has to go around him.
Right, but saying he had no right to be in the area is absurd. I still don't think he did anything at all, but I haven't watched your other angle yet.

It looked like Freddy Meyer had a seizure or something while on the ice during the Atlanta/Calgary game. He got up on his own, but he had collapsed at centre at his head was jerking a little. Scary stuff!

Why does Cooke have no right to be there? DiPietro wasn't even near his crease. Is Cooke allowed to go near defensemen late in games?
Is this a result to my comment? I said he had no reason to skate next to him. I said that because I think Cooke intended to give him a bit of a nudge, and in a 3-0 game with 0:17 left there is no reason to start that. Especially with the history between those two.

I just disagree with your theory on Cooke's intent. Just my opinion. It's not like DiPietro was deep in his crease, he was way outside of it, where Cooke would have no expectation of running into him. Maybe he wanted to nudge him a little, I don't know, but DiPietro's arms were in Cooke's face before he did anything towards Rick.Rick DiPietro said himself, in a post-game interview that he was responsible for starting the brawl. Like, I know Matt Cooke is Matt Cooke, and he's responsible for the holocaust and all that, but like, jeez, what more do you guys want?

I just disagree with your theory on Cooke's intent. Just my opinion. It's not like DiPietro was deep in his crease, he was way outside of it, where Cooke would have no expectation of running into him. Maybe he wanted to nudge him a little, I don't know, but DiPietro's arms were in Cooke's face before he did anything towards Rick.Rick DiPietro said himself, in a post-game interview that he was responsible for starting the brawl. Like, I know Matt Cooke is Matt Cooke, and he's responsible for the holocaust and all that, but like, jeez, what more do you guys want?
Think of it as Sean Avery and MAF having the same encouter. I doubt Pens fans would feel much differently than outsiders looking at Cooke

It was 3-0 late in the game. Cooke doesn't have to be anywhere near Dipietro, but that's what Cooke does. Also, Dipietro doesn't have to take a shot at Cooke, but I'm sure he was remembering the other run-ins with Cooke. Both are equally at fault. Johnson came across as a good hard-working guy in 24/7, but holding his fist up in the air that long was douchy, imo.

Johnson came across as a good hard-working guy in 24/7, but holding his fist up in the air that long was douchy, imo.
Haha...seriously? Are you kidding me?
Haha...seriously? Are you kidding me?
He had just knocked the guy down with a shot to the face. Tell me what the point of holding his fist up like that was?

Bob Mckown had a great take on this whole Johnson/Dipietro thing..Its stupid and hokey, makes the NHL look like roller derby...There was no need for that..BTW. Johnson got fined for his antics, leaving the net and crossing the red line...The fine:$200..True Story its in the rule book.

I don't know where else to put this but thought you guys would find it interesting...of 308 million US Citizens, only 30% have passports. A few years ago the percentage was in the teens.

I don't know where else to put this but thought you guys would find it interesting...of 308 million US Citizens, only 30% have passports. A few years ago the percentage was in the teens.
Higher security is a profitable business.:club:
I feel better knowing I'm in the majority!
This number is just mind boggling..I would love to see numbers of other nations, especially Canada.I would bet that in Europe the number of people with passports has to be significantly higher.But wow...The only nations that should be lower than the US are third world countries.
This number is just mind boggling..I would love to see numbers of other nations, especially Canada.I would bet that in Europe the number of people with passports has to be significantly higher.But wow...The only nations that should be lower than the US are third world countries.
I went to a party a few years back and Liz and I had just returned from going to London and Scotland. It was the oddest thing. About 70% of the party gathered round and the discussion turned into "Why would you ever want to go on vacation outside of the US?" Other choice quotes from that party:"There is too much to see in America to waste your time and money going to those foreign places.""England is not safe and looks dirty""Terrorists will kill you if you are American seen in a foreign country, you could get kidnapped and beheaded."
I went to a party a few years back and Liz and I had just returned from going to London and Scotland. It was the oddest thing. About 70% of the party gathered round and the discussion turned into "Why would you ever want to go on vacation outside of the US?" Other choice quotes from that party:"There is too much to see in America to waste your time and money going to those foreign places.""England is not safe and looks dirty""Terrorists will kill you if you are American seen in a foreign country, you could get kidnapped and beheaded."
This is really bad and is the reason why the rest of the world has these misconceptions about ALL Americans..I know you are more cultured and have travelled more than the average American and this stuff doesnt apply to you, but come on how is this mentality out there.
This is really bad and is the reason why the rest of the world has these misconceptions about ALL Americans..I know you are more cultured and have travelled more than the average American and this stuff doesnt apply to you, but come on how is this mentality out there.
Because America thinks it is better than everyone else. Don't get me wrong, there are some great places to see here. I thoroughly enjoyed our cross country road trip a couple years back. Arizona and New Mexico were awesome. We love driving to the east coast as well, it beautiful and tons of great things to do. But I have also lived in Tokyo, Denmark and traveled extensively through England and Scotland and it's just as awesome. Also, surprisingly enough, the people are much nicer in Japan, Denmark, England, and Scotland in my experiences.
Because America thinks it is better than everyone else. Don't get me wrong, there are some great places to see here. I thoroughly enjoyed our cross country road trip a couple years back. Arizona and New Mexico were awesome. We love driving to the east coast as well, it beautiful and tons of great things to do. But I have also lived in Tokyo, Denmark and traveled extensively through England and Scotland and it's just as awesome. Also, surprisingly enough, the people are much nicer in Japan, Denmark, England, and Scotland in my experiences.
I like you. And thats not ass kissing cause of our "fight" at FCHL. I really dont find most NAmericans have this attitude, and I dont get it. I love spending time in Europe. But the flipside to that is, I find most Canadians are really missing out on the rest of Canada. Myself included. Having travelled for work to some of these places, there is a lot of beauty to see in Canada. The only thing is, Im a ocean/beach guy, so the minimum is Florida. I cant spend 2 weeks in the Maritimes or even at beautiful places like Whistler or Lake Louise/Jasper.