Kk - Early In A Deep Stack Tourney...

PokerStars$100 Deepstack NLHE TournamentBlinds: 15/30 Hero - T25009 handedPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is in BB with :):) UTG calls 30, MP1 calls 30, all fold to Hero (BB) who raises to 120.Flop: :D:club::D Hero checks (these 2 stabbed at almost every pot, I checked with the intention of check-raising... I was shocked by them checking behind), UTG checks, MP1 checks.Turn: :) Hero bets 250, UTG folds, MP1 calls.River: :D Hero bets 400 (This is for info, I don't wanna check and then have to talk myself into calling a big bet, if he raises I know he's got me and I can save some money), MP1 raises to 1,400, Hero folds.I almost always bet the flop here, but I really felt like these 2 particular players would bet it for me (I've played with both before, they love to stab at orphin pots). If they bet the flop and I check-raise I look good b/c I trapped them for extra money. If I check and they check behind I look bad for not betting... :D I didn't raise a ridiculous amt before the flop becasue it was early in the tourney with deep stacks... the goal is to get value out of your BIG hands at this stage, not win $90 pot. I made it 4 x BB, there were only 2 limpers I don't think a bigger raise was necessary, it's not like half the table limped in...[mod edit - since you made several posts for the same hand, I merged them, and took the converted one for the OP here, fyi.]

Yea, you need to remove the results from the OP or people will most likely be biased in their answers...I think you need to bet that flop, but if they were being aggresive I suppose I don't hate the check(presumably you aimed to check-raise the flop). I think you should probably make a big better on the turn, due to deepstack nature of these tourneys I found that people don't mind payin way over the odds on their draws and that card is giving a lot of possibilities, I think he'd raise you if he had a geniune hand on the turn rather than just flatcall. With your stack I'd be check folding the river to any bet more than 500 because most hands you can beat would probably not bet and just hope to win the showdown without puttin too much of their stack at risk.I've also realised how this hand truly shows the importance of position in poker, I can't remember who said it (some guy on some poker conference thing I got from pokerbay) but at a NL lecture he claimed "However much your think about position currently, i can guarantee its enough", this hand really illustrates this point.I've rambled and gone off-topic but meh.... :club:

Yea, you need to remove the results from the OP or people will most likely be biased in their answers...
I removed them. :)I'm getting sick of having to do this though.Why is it so hard for people just to follow the rules? Seriously.

As the pre-flop aggressor, I like the con't bet on the flop. The way you played it, I do not mind the blocking bet(it wasn't a value bet I hope) on the river. I say this only because you seem to think a weaker hand may steal this from you if you do not put out a bet. Being OOP kinda stinks in this hand.

Raise more preflop - with two callers already in, I raise to 200.Bet the flop - standard continuation bet of 2/3 the pot especially with two other players in and you being OOP for the rest of the hand. Bet the turn as only the gut shot got there. River card stinks - try to get to a cheap showdown.

If you want to play deceptively, just check preflop, since raising from the BB and checking the flop shows extreme strength if your opponents are thinking players.I don't think betting the river is good, I think you should check call a smallish bet.

Raise more preflop - with two callers already in, I raise to 200.Bet the flop - standard continuation bet of 2/3 the pot especially with two other players in and you being OOP for the rest of the hand. Bet the turn as only the gut shot got there. River card stinks - try to get to a cheap showdown.
Yep.

No offense, but this hand is a trainwreck. Preflop make it 150 or 180, either is fine. Flop, 3/4th pot to full pot. Turn bet is fine. River is basically check call/check fold depending on specific reads. Betting that river and folding to a raise is soo bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Against loose aggressive players you have to charge them more preflop making it 150 or 180 is no problem here, they'll most likely call. After the flop, if they have been playing aggressively to pick it up its unlikely that they'll do it everytime and on a drawy board like this one you have to c-bet. If a good aggressive player has been betting a lot he'll be aware that your aware of this and will get smart and would probably check the draw for a free card incase his thinking that your going to check raise him if he semi-bluffs. Also, semi-bluffing for him or just bluffing in general is hard against two opponents. Betting with your KK gets more value when someone has a weak Q in this spot or a draw and you give them the wrong odds to call. You played the hand so weakly by the river a good aggressive player would of picked up on it and reraised you thinking the 9 would scare you off...Maybe, I'm giving the player way too much credit. Against two opponents in a tournament i rarely ever give free cards.

No offense, but this hand is a trainwreck. Preflop make it 150 or 180, either is fine. Flop, 3/4th pot to full pot. Turn bet is fine. River is basically check call/check fold depending on specific reads. Betting that river and folding to a raise is soo bad.
I was going to chime in, but Grinder said what I was going to say. So, what he said.