OK, i am a somewhat inexperienced cash game player... they are definetley not the strongest part of my game. anyways, i was just owndering what u thoguht of this hand and if u think i got bluffed out of this pot. I think my inexperience at these limits may of caused me to lose this pot. After the hand was over the guy said hes glad i folded. THe river scared me so i decided to make what i thoguht might be a value bet but his raise on the river just threw me off my hand. Give me some insight, i know i played the hand pretty funky and now that i look back the right play would of been to move all in on the turn.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG+1 ($100)MP1 ($60.90)MP2 ($99.60)MP3 ($164.25)CO ($12.50)Button ($98.50)SB ($100)BB ($183.75)Hero ($112.10)Preflop: Hero is UTG with T :) , T :club: . Hero calls $1, 1 fold, MP1 raises to $4, 6 folds, Hero calls $3.Flop: ($9.50) 3 :D , 7 :D , 2 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $5, Hero calls $5.Turn: ($19.50) T :)(2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets $6, Hero raises to $20, MP1 calls $14.River: ($59.50) 6 :D(2 players)Hero bets $6, MP1 raises to $28, Hero folds.Final Pot: $93.50

I prefer the check/call, depending on what is bet into the pot, but you put the bet out, and if he can raise there, after he raised preflop, you need to assume a bigger spade.I think it's a good laydown. If he reads you for a blocker bet there, or a smaller flush, then he can raise, but it's a hell of a bluff, IMO. I think the fold is a no-brainer.

With him starting the hand with only $60 I think you should have pushed the turn, you get called by a made flush but you still have outs. And it's enough to make calling and just the As a bad play.Also betting out $6 into a $58 pot is probably going to lead to you getting bluffed by a decent player.

I think you need to reraise the flop here to find out where you are in the hand. I also don't like the river bet and river fold. You're river bet was very small and someone could easily interpret that as weakness and try to push you off your hand. If you were going to fold to a big reraise because of the flush scare, then I think you need to check/call here. Either way, he only raised $22 into a ~$60 poy, which is probably what your river bet should have been around anyways.Edit: Misread and didn't realize there was 4 to the flush on board. I still stand by everything I said but the fold becomes easier. Either way though, that river bet is awful, as anyone who doesn't have the flush now knows you are weak.

Also betting out $6 into a $58 pot is probably going to lead to you getting bluffed by a decent player.
Seriously. Next time just type "I don't have the flush feel free to bluff me" into the chat box.

Hi OP,Welcome to Strat.We just have a few posting guidelines that we ask you to follow, please.If you could please convert your hands in the future, at either http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter or http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php, that would be awesome. I'll convert this one since you gave the whole HH, but in the future, please do that.Also, please don't include results in your strategy posts.Thanks.- Zach

lol, well i did have a flush wit the 10 of spades... i now it wasnt a pretty hand.... =/ i think it was 6 $ i shouda had.
$22 to see if my ten high flush holds in a $120 pot? I have a hard time not calling that. Also, considering stack sizes and board texture, I make villain make a harder choice at the turn.

first of all, if i'm villian....and you lead $6 into a $60 pot, im probably raising you with any two. Your bet just screams weakness. personally in your spot i like either check/calling or check/folding depending on what he bets on the river. Probably folding to most bets though

thanks guys i appreciate your input. I just put myself in bad situation on the river betting out just a little and that wa sjsut a tough hand to play out of positon. ALthoguht im almost positive i was bluffed because he told me he was glad i didnt call, he may of had the j or Q of spades still not hoping for a call. but thanks for the help

thanks guys i appreciate your input. I just put myself in bad situation on the river betting out just a little and that wa sjsut a tough hand to play out of positon. ALthoguht im almost positive i was bluffed because he told me he was glad i didnt call, he may of had the j or Q of spades still not hoping for a call. but thanks for the help
If he has a spade bigger than yours, he calls the 6$ bet to see if he wins the pot. He either had the A, K or no spade at all. As said before, any decent player will raise your $6 bet because it looks ridiculous.