New Challenge (old Challenge)

I really don't know if I am running horribly bad, playing horribly bad or what. Down 7 buy ins in 2500 hands today.Just seems like I am getting played back at so much and as soon as I make a stand because I think they are coming in light, they come in with a huge hand. Am I the only one that feels completely lost at times? Basically, I miss value bets because I am gun shy, make bad calls because I think I am picking off a bluff, etc, etc, etc.
I know that this is what a lot of good regs at 10/20NL+ say is the difference maker between good 5/10NL players and good 10/20NL players. This ability to never lose your cool even though sometimes you are just getting hammered from all sides, and not tilt off money playing back crazily.I go through this too, sometimes its every hand you raise, someone 3bets you. I feel like they all have some secret agreement to just take turns beating on me. And then I just stupid, get my money in with AQ pf, and they show up with AA every single time. Poker is just really streaky like that. When you feel like its just insane and you just want to start bluff shoving on people, just quit for a while. And if you do something dumb every once in a while, try and learn from it, and know that all the rest of us at 5/10NL and below do the same stupid stuff now and then. :)Mark
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

My wife bought a new car today. 1997 Nissan Maxima with 28,000 miles on it. (we've been having all kinds of car problems with both our cars lately so she just wanted something really reliable to drive) So now instead of getting to my goal of only having one car for the family, we have 2 drivers and 3 cars. Bleh. checkymcfold would not be proud of me.Mark

mark, is brandon broke? lol- Jordan
From what I hear, he's getting there REALLY fast. But what can you expect I guess from a 24 year old, self proclaimed lazy kid that hates to work who now has $800K to blow. Whenever he gets close to busto, I'm sure he'll start grinding some good poker again. Mark
Am I the only one that feels completely lost at times? Basically, I miss value bets because I am gun shy, make bad calls because I think I am picking off a bluff, etc, etc, etc.
This was me for the last two weeks of September.Finally starting to come off LFT after a good start to October.

OMG same villian both times.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownMP ($51.55)Button ($109.35)Hero ($42.90)BB ($41.95)UTG ($52.80)Preflop: Hero is SB with :D, :icon_dance:2 folds, Button calls $0.50, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: ($1.50) :D, :icon_dance:, :)(3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, Button checks.Turn: ($1.50) :icon_dance:(3 players)Hero bets $1.5, BB folds, Button raises to $3, Hero raises to $12, Button calls $9.River: ($25.50) :icon_dance:(2 players)Hero bets $15, Button raises to $30, Hero raises to $30.4, Button calls $0.39.Final Pot: $86.30Results in white below: Hero has Tc 9c (two pair, tens and nines). Button has 4c 4h (three of a kind, fours). Outcome: Button wins $86.30.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)saw flop|saw showdownUTG ($49.25)MP ($151.85)Hero ($38.85)Button ($61.70)SB ($52.50)BB ($51.20)Preflop: Hero is CO with :), :D. 1 fold, MP raises to $1.5, Hero calls $1.50, 3 folds.Flop: ($3.75) :icon_dance:, :club:, :)(2 players)MP bets $0.5, Hero raises to $2.5, MP calls $2.Turn: ($8.75) :D(2 players)MP checks, Hero checks.River: ($8.75) :icon_dance:(2 players)MP bets $5, Hero raises to $34.85, MP calls $29.85.Final Pot: $78.45Results in white below: MP has Ah As (full house, aces full of threes). Hero has 5h 5s (full house, fives full of threes). Outcome: MP wins $78.45.

I know that this is what a lot of good regs at 10/20NL+ say is the difference maker between good 5/10NL players and good 10/20NL players. This ability to never lose your cool even though sometimes you are just getting hammered from all sides, and not tilt off money playing back crazily.I go through this too, sometimes its every hand you raise, someone 3bets you. I feel like they all have some secret agreement to just take turns beating on me. And then I just stupid, get my money in with AQ pf, and they show up with AA every single time. Poker is just really streaky like that. When you feel like its just insane and you just want to start bluff shoving on people, just quit for a while. And if you do something dumb every once in a while, try and learn from it, and know that all the rest of us at 5/10NL and below do the same stupid stuff now and then. :)Mark
I know this is true but I know I typically continue to 3 bet the players that don't play back at me so then I start thinking, "Well ****, unless I play back at him, he is going to own me all session. I just need to slow him down once." Its frustrating. Especially the days like today where I am getting 3 bet to death and then losing to every shortstack at the table even after I get it in dominating.

I love this hand. I'll explain my reasoning on each street:To start off, UTG is a super super donk. He had 40bbs earlier, and raised JJ utg, one call, I 3bet AK, he shoves, I call, and he tells me I seriously overplayed AK. I've also seen him call an 833 flop with KTo, turn 8 check check, K on river, he leads, gets raised, and snap calls and loses to 98o obv.SB is also a donk, just not quite as big. I've seen him raise 98o utg, limp/raise KJo utg, and raise 84o in the CO.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $3/$66 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $692.35UTG+1: $603.45CO: $591Button: $660SB: $1084.50NoSup4U: $894.25Pre-flop: (6 players) NoSup4U is BB with :):D UTG calls, 3 folds, SB raises to $22, NoSup4U calls, UTG calls.So normally, I'd probably 3bet the SB raise here with A7s. But I didn't want to push the UTG donkey out, and I have a good hand to play 3ways, so I call knowing UTG is calling.Flop: :):club::D ($66, 3 players)SB bets $50, NoSup4U calls, UTG calls.So again, I'd normally raise here, but I don't think UTG will fold ANY pair to me, and I'd hate to push him out when if I hit he'll pay me off with all kinds of stupid stuff.Turn: :D ($216, 3 players)SB checks, NoSup4U bets $170, UTG raises to $340, SB folds, NoSup4U raises all-in $822.25, UTG calls all-in $280.35.Uncalled bets: $201.9 returned to NoSup4U. Obv he isn't folding now, but I just love how it played out. I run so good!River: :D ($1456.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $1456.7)Results:Final pot: $1456.7NoSup4U showed 7s AsUTG showed 3h 5hI had to listen to 3 or 4 mins of him talking about how unlucky that turn was for him etc etc before he left. I cried that he didn't reload, and called it a night. Up $1300 on the day.Mark

been in europe so haven't played a single hand in like 10 days. But we have a solid connection in Barcelona so I browsed the games on FTP and I noticed one of my favorite buddylisted fish playing 10/20nl. On the very first hand I get Aces in the bb and get it ai v Kings in for full stacks and they hold.!1!!Breaking out of slump one time?

been in europe so haven't played a single hand in like 10 days. But we have a solid connection in Barcelona so I browsed the games on FTP and I noticed one of my favorite buddylisted fish playing 10/20nl. On the very first hand I get Aces in the bb and get it ai v Kings in for full stacks and they hold.!1!!Breaking out of slump one time?
:club: very nice! You playing EPT Baden? (edit, oh I guess not since it started already and you are in Barca :D )Also wtf name of 10/20NL donkeyfish immed!Mark

Sigh I had a ticket for me for $250 to watching Buffalo/Dallas. I declined. Ship the regret bombs.

Sigh I had a ticket for me for $250 to watching Buffalo/Dallas. I declined. Ship the regret bombs.
what the hell was with the play cal with 7 seconds left and dallas with no timeouts. surre lets play 20 yards off and just let them get to the facking 30. what the hell kinda play call was that. jauron should go kill himself as i type this.
what the hell was with the play cal with 7 seconds left and dallas with no timeouts. surre lets play 20 yards off and just let them get to the facking 30. what the hell kinda play call was that. jauron should go kill himself as i type this.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Wow we might actually have something in common?
Impossible for you to like the Cowboys. Impossible.
loooooool, I'm Canadian and have no teams, as a child I had to front run. So Cowboys or 49ers...and I chose the Cowboys.
Especially if this shit is true.Bills fan seems more likely but then why would you think my statement means I like the Bills?
loooooool, I'm Canadian and have no teams, as a child I had to front run. So Cowboys or 49ers...and I chose the Cowboys.
Dude, WTF?????
Dude, WTF?????
I have a test tomorrow and I really thought the game would be 55-10 Dallas...

I'm watching HSP tonight. All I can say is, I've seen some of the dumbest stuff from supposedly good players on this show, and some of the plays tonight are just so attrocious I cannot even comprehend them.Mark

Great Dal/Buff game. Horrible play call by Buffalo at the end AND that timeout thing at the end of the game is ridiculous and will obviously be removed before next season.ANDIndians/Red Sox should be a good series. It just sucks that Joe Torre will most likely be gone. He's a good guy.

haha, I turned the game on after watching the Yankees go down, and there were literally 20 seconds left in the football game. I watch the game for like 45 minutes. LOL, and I hate the Cowboys with a passion, but even I was kinda rooting for them at the end of that game. sick sick end.At least it will make the Pats game better.

Great Dal/Buff game. Horrible play call by Buffalo at the end AND that timeout thing at the end of the game is ridiculous and will obviously be removed before next season.ANDIndians/Red Sox should be a good series. It just sucks that Joe Torre will most likely be gone. He's a good guy.
thank u the play call with 7 seconds left playing 20 yards off the line of scrimmage was attrocious. i said long lost brothers.