New Challenge (old Challenge)

Villain is 35/13/.8 over 125 hands - never had played him except tonight and first time I saw him shove the river like this. My stats at the table were 36/24/5 during the session. How often is this a better flush? Would he do this with the straight if he had a 9?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Hero ($317.10)UTG ($196)UTG+1 ($343.70)MP1 ($200)MP2 ($794.35)CO ($150.70)Button ($197.35)SB ($462.90)Preflop: Hero is BB with 4c.gif, 6c.gif. 3 folds, MP2 raises to $6, 2 folds, SB calls $5, Hero calls $4.Flop: ($18) 3c.gif, tc.gif, 7h.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $12, MP2 folds, SB calls $12.Turn: ($42) 8c.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $24, SB calls $24.River: ($90) js.gifSB bets $358 and is all-in
WOWZA.......this is a horrid spot. I would like to think I would fold but I honestly don't know if I could. It's just too possible he has a 9 and isn't putting you on a flush. But wow, I would probably throw up. Wow, now that I am looking at his AF, I dunno.......I think it might be a fold. Deuces and I always talk about how these types make retarded bluffs but I just don't know if one of those types would ever shove 3x pot (with your stack) without the nuts. Sickness. Especially given the board.......true sickness. I think it's a fold :club:.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Nice flop for the Brunson.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Button ($9.85)SB ($14.50)Hero ($26.95)UTG ($28.05)MP ($18.15)Preflop: Hero is BB with 2s.gif, ts.gif. 1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero checks.Flop: ($0.60) 2c.gif, 2h.gif, th.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $0.6, Hero calls $0.60.Turn: ($1.80) 4d.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $1, Hero raises to $3.25, MP raises to $18.3 (All-In), Hero calls $14.05.River: ($36.40) 6d.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $37.40Results in white below: Hero has 2s Ts (full house, twos full of tens). MP has Td Qs (two pair, tens and twos). Outcome: Hero wins $37.39.

lol that's a sick won@sd % after that many hands...teach me?
Teach you not to be able to win anymore?No, but seriously, my Won@SD is higher probably because I do things differently than most and I probably take more passive lines with big hands (might be a leak). Here's an example and I'd like people's opinions to be honest. In a situation like this, there are no draws on this board, so a raise on the flop or turn is likely going to fold out hands like AQ/AJ that I might be able to get value from on the river. It also allows someone to potentially try to triple barrel me and balances my range for times when I have a hand like AQ here. A hand like this is going to increase my Won@SD% because I'm going to be getting a showdown far more often than if I were raising the flop or turn, but it's also going to make my Won W/o Showdown lower (or rather it's going to make it not increase as it would if I were to raise the turn).Edit: Just so everyone knows, it's not standard for me to flat AKo as opposed to 3betting, but in this particular case there was an aggressive player in the blinds that I was hoping would squeeze, while adding some deception value to my hand.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($231.55)Hero ($333.80)SB ($252.25)BB ($224.25)UTG ($281.85)MP ($200)Preflop: Hero is Button with Aclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif. UTG raises to $7, 2 folds, Hero calls $7, 2 folds.Flop: ($17) 5club.gif, Kheart.gif, Adiamond.gif(2 players)UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12.Turn: ($41) 6spade.gif(2 players)UTG bets $29, Hero calls $29.River: ($99) 4heart.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $72, UTG folds.Final Pot: $99
Villain is 35/13/.8 over 125 hands - never had played him except tonight and first time I saw him shove the river like this. My stats at the table were 36/24/5 during the session. How often is this a better flush? Would he do this with the straight if he had a 9?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Hero ($317.10)UTG ($196)UTG+1 ($343.70)MP1 ($200)MP2 ($794.35)CO ($150.70)Button ($197.35)SB ($462.90)Preflop: Hero is BB with 4c.gif, 6c.gif. 3 folds, MP2 raises to $6, 2 folds, SB calls $5, Hero calls $4.Flop: ($18) 3c.gif, tc.gif, 7h.gif(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $12, MP2 folds, SB calls $12.Turn: ($42) 8c.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $24, SB calls $24.River: ($90) js.gifSB bets $358 and is all-in
My gut instinct on this is that he hit a straight on the end, but, I mean, my instinct doesn't have to pay 300 dollars if its wrong. :club:

Switched to full ring for a while, tables were juicy tonight....311amsess6bidz6.jpgMonth to date...ROBUSTO!!!!!!!511ammtdnx3.jpgOh, and I REALLY need to start putting in more hands!!!!!!!!

Teach you not to be able to win anymore?No, but seriously, my Won@SD is higher probably because I do things differently than most and I probably take more passive lines with big hands (might be a leak). Here's an example and I'd like people's opinions to be honest. In a situation like this, there are no draws on this board, so a raise on the flop or turn is likely going to fold out hands like AQ/AJ that I might be able to get value from on the river. It also allows someone to potentially try to triple barrel me and balances my range for times when I have a hand like AQ here. A hand like this is going to increase my Won@SD% because I'm going to be getting a showdown far more often than if I were raising the flop or turn, but it's also going to make my Won W/o Showdown lower (or rather it's going to make it not increase as it would if I were to raise the turn).Edit: Just so everyone knows, it's not standard for me to flat AKo as opposed to 3betting, but in this particular case there was an aggressive player in the blinds that I was hoping would squeeze, while adding some deception value to my hand.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)CO ($231.55)Hero ($333.80)SB ($252.25)BB ($224.25)UTG ($281.85)MP ($200)Preflop: Hero is Button with Aclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif. UTG raises to $7, 2 folds, Hero calls $7, 2 folds.Flop: ($17) 5club.gif, Kheart.gif, Adiamond.gif(2 players)UTG bets $12, Hero calls $12.Turn: ($41) 6spade.gif(2 players)UTG bets $29, Hero calls $29.River: ($99) 4heart.gif(2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $72, UTG folds.Final Pot: $99
yeah, I am raiseing that turn. Hard to play for stacks otherwise.
yeah, I am raiseing that turn. Hard to play for stacks otherwise.
But what hand are you going to be playing for stacks with? A5/A6? Chances are those hands aren't in UTG's range and even if they were, they're almost certainly going to be barrelling river and likely calling a raise.

[00:14] Marky713: hey bearsfan you most likely do not remember me but i am iwu4u from FCP[00:14] *** Auto-response sent to Marky713: I am currently away from the computer.[00:14] Marky713: we played in one of the monthly HU tourneys when they were running about a year ago[00:19] Marky713: well im oldnvysailor on stars and we played I'm just in a bit of a jam and want some money on stars just wondering If I can trade some tilt money for starsmaybe i should try to scam him first, could be the best kevel of all time

i should try to scam him first, could be the best kevel of all time
fixed
Switched to full ring for a while, tables were juicy tonight....311amsess6bidz6.jpgMonth to date...ROBUSTO!!!!!!!511ammtdnx3.jpgOh, and I REALLY need to start putting in more hands!!!!!!!!
I made the switch also... here is my fun graph from tonight.. lots of questions to comePokerGraphDown.jpgits always fun to win 4 buyins over 2.5k hands then loss 5 over the next 500 handshere is my graph from my first 15k handsFirst15k.jpg
I am with Jordan and Mikey.........no way your W$SD is anywhere near sustainable. Thats a decent size sample which is really surprising but I can't imagine you could expect anything above 55 long term.
Rdog is just smacking knowledge in these two posts. I think 59% is wayyyy high, but that might be a product of how bad the play on Cake really is? I don't even think that can help by 5-12% points though. I would htink if you ran at 52% that you are a very solid TAG player.
I think in general when people are running bad they think people are playing back at them with air WAAAAAAY more often than they are. I know I always feel that way. The problem with running bad is that in a ton of spots Villain REALLY does have a hand. The game seems so easy when you are running decent and when you are running bad it seems unbeatable.
Just to add to this, sometimes it is unbeatable. No matter how well you are playing and making decisions. So I mean obv you should be posting on here like you are and looking to plug leaks, because it's more likely that you have a leak, but it's also very possible that it's just a bad run you have to wait out.
MP appears to be a TAG fish 25/22/OO over 31 handsBTN has been a nit 7/7/OO over 39 handsSB is unknown with no reads.As you can see not a ton of hands or a solid read on anyone.Poker Stars $0.50/$1.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.comSB: $187.20Hero (BB): $101.00UTG: $109.15MP: $95.50CO: $18.10BTN: $115.65Pre Flop: Hero is BB with Q :club: Q :ts1 fold, MP raises to $3, 1 fold, BTN raises to $11, SB calls $10.50Flat or raise?
It looks like a shove is the best decision in this spot. I don't have a good enough read to flat call for set value, and a shove has the ability to induce a loose call vs a standard 4bet.

SDKL:JSDF:LSKJF:LSKDJ:SLKDJ:SLKDJ:SLKJF:SLKDJJS:KLDI just got booted from the FTOPS 8.970 people registered. INstead giving byes to like 100 people, they booted ****ing 400 people from the tourney to get it down to 512~!JHLSKDKFSJalksdjf;ajklsfjk;ajksdfj

It looks like a shove is the best decision in this spot. I don't have a good enough read to flat call for set value, and a shove has the ability to induce a loose call vs a standard 4bet.
Yeah, I actually agree a shove is better than a committing 4 bet.
SDKL:JSDF:LSKJF:LSKDJ:SLKDJ:SLKDJ:SLKJF:SLKDJJS:KLDI just got booted from the FTOPS 8.970 people registered. INstead giving byes to like 100 people, they booted ****ing 400 people from the tourney to get it down to 512~!JHLSKDKFSJalksdjf;ajklsfjk;ajksdfj
wow, thats absolutely terrible.Idiots
LOL @ kevlar drawing paul wasicka for first round.loool- Jordan
movin onFull Tilt Poker Game #6373801924: FTOPS Event #8 (47628158), Table 38 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:03:34 ET - 2008/05/11Seat 1: HoosierAlum (3,050)Seat 2: monika13 (2,950)HoosierAlum posts the small blind of 15monika13 posts the big blind of 30The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to HoosierAlum [Qd Kd]HoosierAlum raises to 80monika13 raises to 210HoosierAlum has 15 seconds left to actHoosierAlum calls 130*** FLOP *** [Th 3d 2d]monika13 bets 420HoosierAlum has 15 seconds left to actHoosierAlum raises to 1,140monika13 has 15 seconds left to actmonika13 has requested TIMEmonika13 raises to 2,740, and is all inHoosierAlum calls 1,600monika13 shows [Ac Ts]HoosierAlum shows [Qd Kd]*** TURN *** [Th 3d 2d] [Kc]*** RIVER *** [Th 3d 2d Kc] [3h]monika13 shows two pair, Tens and ThreesHoosierAlum shows two pair, Kings and ThreesHoosierAlum wins the pot (5,900) with two pair, Kings and Threesmonika13 stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5,900 | Rake 0Board: [Th 3d 2d Kc 3h]Seat 1: HoosierAlum (small blind) showed [Qd Kd] and won (5,900) with two pair, Kings and ThreesSeat 2: monika13 (big blind) showed [Ac Ts] and lost with two pair, Tens and Threes

Full Tilt Poker Game #6373830349: FTOPS Event #8 (47628158), Table 58 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:06:01 ET - 2008/05/11Seat 1: Paul Wasicka (3,255)Seat 2: A__theKevlar__2 (2,745)Paul Wasicka posts the small blind of 15A__theKevlar__2 posts the big blind of 30ItsLDog (Observer): $5 FTP for 10 minsThe button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Paul Wasicka raises to 90A__theKevlar__2 calls 60*** FLOP *** [9c 2s 4c]A__theKevlar__2 checksPaul Wasicka bets 180A__theKevlar__2 raises to 570Paul Wasicka calls 390*** TURN *** [9c 2s 4c] [3s]BKqzbxt (Observer): he's won the past 50 handsA__theKevlar__2 has 15 seconds left to actA__theKevlar__2 bets 960Paul Wasicka raises to 2,595, and is all inA__theKevlar__2 calls 1,125, and is all inPaul Wasicka shows [5d 5c]A__theKevlar__2 shows [Ts Qs]Uncalled bet of 510 returned to Paul Wasicka*** RIVER *** [9c 2s 4c 3s] [Qc]Paul Wasicka shows a pair of FivesA__theKevlar__2 shows a pair of QueensA__theKevlar__2 wins the pot (5,490) with a pair of Queens*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 5,490 | Rake 0Board: [9c 2s 4c 3s Qc]Seat 1: Paul Wasicka (small blind) showed [5d 5c] and lost with a pair of FivesSeat 2: A__theKevlar__2 (big blind) showed [Ts Qs] and won (5,490) with a pair of QueensLOL donkaments.