• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/19/high-...visisted-88525/you can pretty much skip anything that isn't written by jman - he quotes the questions he answering, etc.
Nah, that article is good but the well is just a huge conglomerate of awesome information from jman and other players.
ahhh, sweet. I've not read that before, have to give it a look later.
wow, Phil said this about himself on the first couple pages, this is exactly me to a T. I always am focused on hands that beat me, not hands I beat and I shut down which has cost me imo."I'm afraid to make a mistake and I always fear the worst might happen. This translates to me misplaying hands, erring too far on the side of minimizing losses and not enough on the side of maximizing gains.If I reraise AQ and get called, cbet A98r flop, and the turn is a J, my first thought is '****, what if he has AJ or QT?!' A lot of times it causes me to play the hand much more passively than I should. My default move when I get scared like this is to call a lot, hence my reputation. I have to be focused to catch myself and use my logic to overpower my tendency to shut down and play from behind."
I read it at the pit of my downswing and made a lot of changes to my game and voila!Seriously, read it anytime you aren't confident about your game or anytime you want to learn something.
What kind of changes?
What kind of changes?
Less autopilotting. I'm opening more hands and focusing a lot closer on ranges and reads. I think I'm also trusting reads a bit more than I used to be. I'm also bluffing a LOT more than I used to and I'm pot controlling a LOT less than I used to. I'm seen as pretty nitty so I get away with it. I pot controlled way more than I should have and bluffed a lot less than I should have.

goddamn at this hand...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($109.80)UTG ($324.70)MP ($97.50)CO ($53.40)Hero (Button) ($112.90)SB ($105.45)Preflop: Hero is Button with :club:, :D2 folds, CO raises to $2, Hero calls $2, SB calls $1.50, 1 foldFlop: ($7) :D, :jh, :4h(3 players)SB bets $103.45 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero calls $103.45Turn: ($213.90) :3h(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($213.90) :5c(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $213.90 | Rake: $3Results:Hero mucked :ts, :D (one pair, threes).SB had :qh, :D (two pair, sevens and threes).Outcome: SB won $210.90

Ok happy challenge threaders. I'm outta here for the next 10 days or so on vacation. GL to everyone and I'm sure I'll have fun catching up on the 25-40 pages of the thread that I miss while I'm gone.

class today took the entire 2 hours and 45 minutes.was so brutal.class wasn't as bad as the others tho so that was nice.but man. two hours and 45 minutes sitting on my butt just listening to people talk gets old.

class today took the entire 2 hours and 45 minutes.was so brutal.class wasn't as bad as the others tho so that was nice.but man. two hours and 45 minutes sitting on my butt just listening to people talk gets old.
drop out, imo.
Try getting a job, its even worse...gj VT

So I should be very happy that my sleeping schedule is messed up...otherwise I would not have had this opportunity today :jhtodayvj3.jpgw1064.pngFull Tilt Poker $5/$10 No Limit Hold'em - 2 players - View hand 37383The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterBTN/SB: $1637.50Hero (BB): $4845.25Pre Flop: ($15.00) Hero is BB with Q :D Q :heart:BTN/SB calls $5, Hero raises to $50, BTN/SB raises to $1637.50 all in, Hero calls $1587.50Flop: ($3275.00) 6 :club: 2 :5c 8 :3hTurn: ($3275.00) Q :tsRiver: ($3275.00) 4 :qhFinal Pot: $3275.00BTN/SB shows A :D T :4h (Ace Queen high)Hero shows Q :D Q :D (three of a kind, Queens)Hero wins $3274.50(Rake: $0.50)nice way to finish off the match....damnit..i'm 3hrs late for class. and I didn't even make 6k! Bad day imo : /

Those who have staked/backed people long term...what precautions do you take (besides obvious selectivity ones) to ensure you are not going to get screwed? I know it isn't foolproof regardless but do you ask for access to the other persons account, etc etc

Those who have staked/backed people long term...what precautions do you take (besides obvious selectivity ones) to ensure you are not going to get screwed? I know it isn't foolproof regardless but do you ask for access to the other persons account, etc etc
I wouldnt have agreed if my backers asked for this