New Challenge (old Challenge)

I've bought HEM not long ago with a part of my sit&go profits from january. But since it's of muuuuch more use in cash games I decided to also play around a little bit on the cash tables. (and since everyone keeps saying how there is more profit to be made in cash games :club: )So I'm doing a little challange on stars to see if I can pass the micro levels.start with $20 work in up to about $750 or $1000 (i'm keeping a seperate roll for cash and sit&go's)I'll be 4-tabling full ring (i'm used to 10-tabling sit&go's) and using about 1/10 of my roll as my buy-in on each table. I'll move down again in levels if my first session/ first hour on the next level is a losing one.0.01/0.02 till I reach $500.02/0.05 till $1000.05/0.10 till $2500.10/0.25 for the rest.Is that a solid approach or am I too loose or too carefull?So far after 2.6 hours/614 hands I moved up from $20 to $36.26, but I haven't been sucked out on yet, so I expect it won't keep going that easily :ts

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

sitting alone at a FR table and guess who sits with me... <3TIFFANY M: hey you!TIFFANY M: you gonna rape my chip stack today? :club:
LOL classic :ts
I just saw this statline for 2/4 on tableratings:jmacgolf Full Tilt $2,772.25 14 2,475.217 buyins in 14 hands?!?!?!?!?!?
Probably chip dumping.Mark

on a similar topic, texas is considering legalizing poker rooms on the grounds that poker is a skill game and not gambling. the bill made it to the docket last year but was too far down to get voted on.it has more support this year, and you can email the following people telling them you'd love to come to texas and spend your tourism dollars playing some donkaments if you could. the more support the bill has, the more likely it is to see actual floor discussion / voting. the underlying ruling that it's a skill game if this passes couldn't hurt at all.also, come on, we need a WPT dallas stop. joe.straus@house.state.tx.usjose.menendez@house.state.tx.us

I'll be 4-tabling full ring (i'm used to 10-tabling sit&go's) and using about 1/10 of my roll as my buy-in on each table. I'll move down again in levels if my first session/ first hour on the next level is a losing one.0.01/0.02 till I reach $500.02/0.05 till $1000.05/0.10 till $2500.10/0.25 for the rest.Is that a solid approach or am I too loose or too carefull?
If you ever run bad, 10 buyins won't last long. 20-30 buyins is the rule of thumb. If you play well, moving up won't be a problem.
Rock Band question:My inlaws are going to buy Rock Band 2 for us. (We have a Wii) I heard there is a special edition version that has better guitar and drums. Is that the case?I see at Costco they have everything separately (game/guitar/drums). If they buy these, will I get the old versions? Any help suggestions appreciated.Mark
All that is needed is The Rock Band 2 full band game. If you buy things separately it will say on the box whether it is the Rock Band 1 or 2 version but they are backwards compatible anyways. It is easiest to just buy the full band game. There is no special edition that has better drums and guitar. You can purchase the ion drum set but those are expensive electronic drums that are meant for people to use for the game and to play drums w/o the game. Unnecessary for just gaming purposes.Just get this. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1215818942732
even tho u'd be the random old guy at the showyou should really see Daft Punk live. THEY ARE AMAZING. I saw Muse the next day and all I could think about was Daft Punk. That's how incredible the performance was.
Was that at Lollapalooza in 2007???Daft Punk performed Friday and Muse Saturday there...I was at both of them.Of Course, I LOVE Muse so they were def the better of the 2 shows, but both raped the shit out of Pearl Jam...
If you ever run bad, 10 buyins won't last long. 20-30 buyins is the rule of thumb. If you play well, moving up won't be a problem.
Dago, 20 is fine if you don't mind reloading/dropping down. imo, you need 40 buyins when you get to 100nl as the idea is to get out of the micros asap.Also, if you're used to 10 tabling, why only 4 tables, espec at FR, how bored out of your mind are you?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($2059.70)MP ($400)CO ($138.60)Button ($452.30)SB ($1045.90)Hero (BB) ($803)Preflop: Hero is BB with Aspade.gif, 6spade.gif4 folds, SB raises to $16, Hero calls $12Flop: ($32) Kspade.gif, Jspade.gif, 2spade.gif(2 players)SB bets $22, Hero raises to $70, SB raises to $220, Hero calls $150Turn: ($472) Kheart.gif(2 players)SB bets $232, Hero raises to $567 (All-In), SB calls $335River: ($1606) 4spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $1606 | Rake: $3Results:SB had 9diamond.gif, 9spade.gif (flush, King high).Hero had Aspade.gif, 6spade.gif (flush, Ace high).Outcome: Hero won $1603But sigh, very last hand of session. Was quitting to head to a friend's house after I was up 1015ish. QQ < AKs AIPF. FML. Oh well!

Rock Band question:My inlaws are going to buy Rock Band 2 for us. (We have a Wii) I heard there is a special edition version that has better guitar and drums. Is that the case?I see at Costco they have everything separately (game/guitar/drums). If they buy these, will I get the old versions? Any help suggestions appreciated.Mark
The special edition includes the game, a guitar, a drum set, and a microphone. That said, I don't particularly recommend the Wii versions as they're not as expandable. (The Wii has very little in the way of storage and not all songs available for download.)
The special edition includes the game, a guitar, a drum set, and a microphone. That said, I don't particularly recommend the Wii versions as they're not as expandable. (The Wii has very little in the way of storage and not all songs available for download.)
LOL, I just IM'd him with the same info basically. I said buy a PS3 and get it for that instead. But Special edition just means it has all the instruments. But definitely get the RB2 instruments.
Out of interest, how do you find the 50NL games on Cake? Are they considerably softer than 50NL elsewhere? I think the 20NL games on Cake are _considerably_ softer than Stars / FTP
I have played 25nl on full tilt and stars and without a doubt 50nl on cake is softer then both.

thoughts?should i bet more on the turn here?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (UTG) ($49.30)MP ($47.90)Button ($68)SB ($36.40)BB ($13.25)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10 :D, 10 :club:Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 foldFlop: ($5) 9 :qh, 5 :D, 7 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3.80, Button calls $3.80, SB calls $3.80Turn: ($16.40) 3 :3h(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10, 1 fold, SB raises to $22.50, Hero raises to $44 (All-In), SB calls $8.60 (All-In)River: ($78.60) 2 :ts(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $78.60 | Rake: $2Results in white below: SB had 5 :4h, 2 :D (two pair, fives and twos).Hero mucked 10 :jh, 10 :5c (one pair, tens).Outcome: SB won $76.60

LOL, I just IM'd him with the same info basically. I said buy a PS3 and get it for that instead. But Special edition just means it has all the instruments. But definitely get the RB2 instruments.
Awesome thanks for the tips guys. Mark

lol today has been a good day for poker. After Lobster's comment I looked at TR and saw that Tiffany michele was a huge donk. I sat with her HU at a 2/4NL FR table and played 93 hands, won $405 from her in a bunch of medium pots and a little more on the session when someone else sat. I think I got her pretty tilted first after I wouldn't confirm to a railer whether I was, or was not, the real Gilbert Arenas. The railer/stalker believed it was gil when I didn't confirm or deny any personal questions he asked but instead pimped gil's shoe. Meanwhile she started going off in chat saying "celebrities on this site usually don't make themselves known" and "I have met tons of celebrities in person and there is no way this guy is famous"!LOL you don't know how famous I am bisch! you are my new bs1

thoughts?should i bet more on the turn here?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (UTG) ($49.30)MP ($47.90)Button ($68)SB ($36.40)BB ($13.25)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10 :D, 10 :club:Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 foldFlop: ($5) 9 :qh, 5 :D, 7 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $3.80, Button calls $3.80, SB calls $3.80Turn: ($16.40) 3 :3h(3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10, 1 fold, SB raises to $22.50, Hero raises to $44 (All-In), SB calls $8.60 (All-In)River: ($78.60) 2 :ts(2 players, 2 all-in)Total pot: $78.60 | Rake: $2Results in white below: SB had 5 :4h, 2 :D (two pair, fives and twos).Hero mucked 10 :jh, 10 :5c (one pair, tens).Outcome: SB won $76.60
1. BBFIDTS2. Stats/Reads?3. Raise to $2 pre4. Pot the flop5. Without a read there's a decent chance I fold the turn. 6. Don't show results
All that is needed is The Rock Band 2 full band game. If you buy things separately it will say on the box whether it is the Rock Band 1 or 2 version but they are backwards compatible anyways. It is easiest to just buy the full band game. There is no special edition that has better drums and guitar. You can purchase the ion drum set but those are expensive electronic drums that are meant for people to use for the game and to play drums w/o the game. Unnecessary for just gaming purposes.Just get this. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1215818942732
Both too slow.
I have RB and GH (all of them) and it works fine for the Wii. Def. correct about the DLC.

I like my sets 2 bi deep with a tall glass of HOLD!Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comsaw flop | saw showdownCO ($47.30)Hero (SB) ($96.05)BB ($37.05)UTG ($44.25)MP ($97.70)Preflop: Hero is SB with 5spade.gif, 5heart.gif1 fold, MP raises to $1.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50, 1 foldFlop: ($4) 5diamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif, 9spade.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $3, Hero raises to $10, MP raises to $29, Hero raises to $94.30 (All-In), MP calls $65.30Turn: ($192.60) Kheart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($192.60) Qheart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $192.60 | Rake: $3Results in white below: Hero had 5spade.gif, 5heart.gif (full house, fives over Queens).MP had 6diamond.gif, 7diamond.gif (one pair, Queens).Outcome: Hero won $189.60

lol today has been a good day for poker. After Lobster's comment I looked at TR and saw that Tiffany michele was a huge donk. I sat with her HU at a 2/4NL FR table and played 93 hands, won $405 from her in a bunch of medium pots and a little more on the session when someone else sat. I think I got her pretty tilted first after I wouldn't confirm to a railer whether I was, or was not, the real Gilbert Arenas. The railer/stalker believed it was gil when I didn't confirm or deny any personal questions he asked but instead pimped gil's shoe. Meanwhile she started going off in chat saying "celebrities on this site usually don't make themselves known" and "I have met tons of celebrities in person and there is no way this guy is famous"!LOL you don't know how famous I am bisch! you are my new bs1
OMG this is amazingly awesome!!!Also Fubar, thank you as well.Mark