New Challenge (old Challenge)

You know I only get spam in my PM box like twice a year.
I say its to avoid spam but it's really to avoid losers like you from reminding me about gambles and important vacation info
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

can anybody help me really quick cause I cant find it anywhere....where can I find how many players are registered on full tilt and how many on AP/UB?Any help is greatly appreciated :club:

Honestly on that type of board I usually just call the flop bet. There isn't much at all to protect against (76 is really the only hand with some random gutties and other trash mixed in) and most of the time if you play a big pot there you are going to be crushed so I just try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.
Yeah, I think I may have been to eager to snap off some spew. It's amazing what some of these guys will do post flop, but I have to find the right balance.
Yeah, I think I may have been to eager to snap off some spew. It's amazing what some of these guys will do post flop, but I have to find the right balance.
Eh, there will be better spots than building a pot in position 130 deep on a dry board.
this was about what i figured, ty. :)oh, and just to verify--we don't use tableratings while full tilt is open, anymore, yes?
Correct don't use TR when FTP is open.
Honestly on that type of board I usually just call the flop bet. There isn't much at all to protect against (76 is really the only hand with some random gutties and other trash mixed in) and most of the time if you play a big pot there you are going to be crushed so I just try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible.
Eh, there will be better spots than building a pot in position 130 deep on a dry board.
Did I misread this hand? We have an pretty big overpair and a spewy guy with 65bbs? Sounds like he had a set based on what you're saying, but imo spewy guys with sets slowplay them most of the time. There is no way to pot control here given that he's raised us. All the money is going in, so I'd min raise him back or do something else to get him to commit more chips without folding out his air.But surely we're WAYYYY ahead of his range no?(If I misread and we're actually 130bbs deep then obv thats a whole other story, and if you're going to pot control just call the flop then like Rdog said. This goes back to the whole point of know WHY you are doing things. If you are raising him on the flop because you think he's a spew money and will get in a lot of chips way behind, then be happy when he's getting in chips. If not and you think you don't crush his raise calling/raising range enough, then just call the flop and play conservatively)Mark
When are you going to start crushing 5/10? This thread is the best place on the net to get poker advice.
I have played more 3/6 and 5/10 this year than I did all of last year, even if you don't count Sully. I just haven't put in a ton of hands total.
Did I misread this hand? We have an pretty big overpair and a spewy guy with 65bbs? Sounds like he had a set based on what you're saying, but imo spewy guys with sets slowplay them most of the time. There is no way to pot control here given that he's raised us. All the money is going in, so I'd min raise him back or do something else to get him to commit more chips without folding out his air.But surely we're WAYYYY ahead of his range no?(If I misread and we're actually 130bbs deep then obv thats a whole other story, and if you're going to pot control just call the flop then like Rdog said. This goes back to the whole point of know WHY you are doing things. If you are raising him on the flop because you think he's a spew money and will get in a lot of chips way behind, then be happy when he's getting in chips. If not and you think you don't crush his raise calling/raising range enough, then just call the flop and play conservatively)Mark
I raised the flop based on my read that he spews, at the time was happy to get it in with him. However, after the hand I think I made a mistake by blindly going after what I viewed as a spewtard with my QQ here. I did not consider how absolutely dry that board was. He had KK. I'm sure if he had JJ it wouldn't have even been posted, because results are all that matter. :)I'm just not 100% sold on being ahead of his range, even with his spew tendency? That's why I agree with you guys my best line was to flat call and not build a huge pot.
some--uh, circumstances--have led me to quit LHE for a while, so i'm in teh process of switching over to HUNLHE for a little while until some bitches get what's coming to em (i may or may not explain that later, lol).but anyway, y'all's game is easy, yo. this is my first nl cash session in about 2 years, ha (does everyone always play with their cards face up on the turn and river?). .50/1 hu:easypeasybc2.th.jpg94.5bb/100 is about what you guys sustain HU, right?and, actually, a serious question--is it an action killer to sit with multiple buyins or not, generally speaking? pros/cons of leaving/resitting with 100bb?
[ ] $1/hand

WTF?Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $73.45CO: $82.80BTN: $11.70Hero (SB): $105.00BB: $40.00Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with Q :club: K :D2 folds, BTN raises to $4, Hero raises to $13, BB calls $12, BTN calls $7.70 all inFlop: ($37.70) 7 :jh 7 :5c Q :D(3 players - 1 is all in)Hero bets $37.70, BB calls $27 all inTurn: ($91.70) K :club:(3 players - 2 are all in)River: ($91.70) 9 :ts(3 players - 2 are all in)Final Pot: $91.70BTN shows 3 :3h 3 :( (two pair, Sevens and Threes)Hero shows Q :4h K :D (two pair, Kings and Queens)BB shows 7 :D J :qh (three of a kind, Sevens)BB wins $55.35BB wins $33.35(Rake: $3.00)

Villain is 32/26/10 over a decent sized sample.Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BB): $109.70UTG: $101.50MP: $97.00CO: $101.00BTN: $112.50SB: $96.60Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with A :5c Q :ts2 folds, CO raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10.50, CO calls $7.50Flop: ($21.50) A :qh 7 :3h 5 :club:(2 players)Hero bets $15, CO calls $15Turn: ($51.50) 9 :4h(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $26, Hero ?????

Villain is 32/26/10 over a decent sized sample.Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BB): $109.70UTG: $101.50MP: $97.00CO: $101.00BTN: $112.50SB: $96.60Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BB with A :5c Q :ts2 folds, CO raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10.50, CO calls $7.50Flop: ($21.50) A :qh 7 :3h 5 :club:(2 players)Hero bets $15, CO calls $15Turn: ($51.50) 9 :4h(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $26, Hero ?????
Call and C/C River
BTW, don't shove the flop there.
Villain has less than a PSB left, what's our play if not to stick it in there? Just curious what line you'd take here with the stacks as they are.
Villain has less than a PSB left, what's our play if not to stick it in there? Just curious what line you'd take here with the stacks as they are.
There's a definite argument for giving him some rope and letting him do something stupid with a hand we beat.

Yawn. February must have had a talk with January and they decided that I needed to go back to running like shit.Full Tilt Poker $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 2 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterHero (BTN/SB): $95.50BB: $39.90Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN/SB with Q :D Q :4hHero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $10, BB calls $6.50Flop: ($20.00) 9 :5c 9 :D J :club:(2 players)BB bets $29.90 all in, Hero calls $29.90Turn: ($79.80) T :D(2 players - 1 is all in)River: ($79.80) A :3h(2 players - 1 is all in)Final Pot: $79.80Hero shows Q :jh Q :qh (two pair, Queens and Nines)BB shows T :ts T :D (a full house, Tens full of Nines)BB wins $79.30(Rake: $0.50)

Because its a super dry board and Villains shoving range is going to be waaaaaaaaaaaay wider than his calling range. The only bad card that can come for us is an ace. Not to mention you are more likely to get called lighter on the turn or river once you check the flop. So.......Villains shoving flop range>>>>>>>>Villains calling turn/river range>>>>>>>>Villains flop calling rangeAnd by > I mean wider.
Aren't all the stacks relevant? If someone makes a weird sized bet it might be because of someone with a short or really large stack behind them that affects their range.
In the quoted hand, we were 4 or 5-handed and everyone folded to me on the button, so I included my stack, SB's stack, and BB's stack.
There's a definite argument for giving him some rope and letting him do something stupid with a hand we beat.
Like this.Full Tilt Poker $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 5 playersThe Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterCO: $149.95Hero (BTN): $126.70SB: $21.40BB: $101.50UTG: $117.95Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with Q :D K :D1 fold, CO calls $1, Hero raises to $5, 2 folds, CO calls $4Flop: ($11.50) Q :3h 2 :4h 5 :club:(2 players)CO bets $10, Hero calls $10Turn: ($31.50) 6 :ts(2 players)CO bets $20, Hero calls $20River: ($71.50) K :5c(2 players)CO bets $35, Hero calls $35Final Pot: $141.50CO shows 9 :qh 4 :D (King Queen high)Hero shows Q :D K :jh (two pair, Kings and Queens)Hero wins $138.50(Rake: $3.00)
In the quoted hand, we were 4 or 5-handed and everyone folded to me on the button, so I included my stack, SB's stack, and BB's stack.
So you're saying you go through extra steps just to make it more confusing??? :)You're one of those guys that likes to be different for the sake of being different huh? hahaMark