New Challenge (old Challenge)

Hater.
Yeh I really enjoyed that movie. You have to take it for what it is, a slightly cornier version of the Matrix
The plot twist was pretty sweet n Angelina is FINE tattoos or not :club:
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Good insight
Something I've always tried to focus on when I move to a new limit, even if it might not seem "ideal" was to play the best type of poker that would beat what the games were offering. I know weaving thru the lowest of levels can be dull and frustrating, and it should be, because you are forced to play premium, optimal poker to beat the massive donks that are readily available. It may seem like you're not mixing it up or playing like MSNL grinders but it's about doing whatever wins the $$ for that particular game or level.
I really wish everyone would stop focusing on this. A VERY large percentage of our winnings is going to come from making hands and fish not folding. I was obsessed with it at a certain point too. After a while I realized the only thing that mattered was monies. If your goal is to make sure your money in non-SD pots is good, just open shove every flop but the goal in poker is to make money, regardless of how you do it.Edit: Also, specifically at the lower levels you REALLY shouldn't be concerned with that stat. Trying to get people to fold at lower levels is poker suicide.Double Edit: The REAL focus should be on getting max value from your made hands. That won't get you to post graphs where everyone is amazed at where your green line is compared to blue, but it certainly will make you a winning player.
QFT. It took me a while to realise this. I think my graph is a good example.realnonshowdownnz6.jpgThey started off pretty similar, then got seperated after 4k hands, then blew out of proportion by 5.5k hands. I started running bad but wasn't really changing my game because I seemed to be one of the few people with positive non-showdown and I figured that this had to be good. Then I really had a good think and have done a much better job just keeping money and getting paid off from around hand 13k, which will hopefully lead to another good run, I feel goood about my game first :club: I just thought it interesting to compare these thoughts to my month.

Sat back in on a 200NL table, third hand I raise 22, he 3-bets I shove he folds. Next button I raise he 3-bets, I shove QQ, he folds. Then this is the hand that got me over the top.FullTiltPoker Game #7255982408: Table Ship (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:21:48 ET - 2008/07/17Seat 1: Maverik760 ($214.50)Seat 2: Zimmer4141 ($227)Zimmer4141 posts the small blind of $1Maverik760 posts the big blind of $2The button is in seat #2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Zimmer4141 [Qc Qd]Zimmer4141 raises to $6Maverik760 raises to $21Zimmer4141 has 15 seconds left to actZimmer4141 raises to $48Maverik760 raises to $214.50, and is all inZimmer4141 calls $166.50Maverik760 shows [Ah 9h]Zimmer4141 shows [Qc Qd]*** FLOP *** [2d 6c Ks]*** TURN *** [2d 6c Ks] [5s]*** RIVER *** [2d 6c Ks 5s] [8s]Maverik760 shows Ace King highZimmer4141 shows a pair of QueensZimmer4141 wins the pot ($428.50) with a pair of QueensMaverik760 is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $429 | Rake $0.50Board: [2d 6c Ks 5s 8s]Seat 1: Maverik760 (big blind) showed [Ah 9h] and lost with Ace King highSeat 2: Zimmer4141 (small blind) showed [Qc Qd] and won ($428.50) with a pair of Queens

I can't always be like this, can it?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)CO ($93.30)Hero ($147.55)SB ($30.45)BB ($52.90)UTG ($61)MP ($116.90)Preflop: Hero is Button with kd.gif, as.gif. UTG raises to $61 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero calls $61, 2 folds.Flop: ($122.75) 9s.gif, 5h.gif, 2s.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($122.75) 7h.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($122.75) 7s.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $122.75Results in white below: UTG has Kc 4h (one pair, sevens). Hero has Kd As (one pair, sevens). Outcome: Hero wins $122.75.
rofl copters

After seven months, I've hit 100K in hands played at full ring. Overall, I'm at 4.2PTBB and at 2.8PTBB equity adjusted. However as you can see from the graph, it's been very tough going for the last 40K hands as I've basically been running in place. Most of my play has been at 200NLHE although I've started to dabble in 400NLHE on Stars.I've looked at my PT stats, Position stats, and there doesn't seem to be any real changes between my first 60K hands and my last 40K hands. I'm playing more at Full Tilt now due to rakeback but I'm thinking of moving back mainly to Stars. My PTBB at FT is 2.5 over 33K hands while it's 5.0 over 67K hands at PS and I play higher limits at PS.Some things that bug me at FT - I can only play multi four tables due to the following annoyances.1. When I try to enter a bet amount in the bet box, many times my PAHUD extra information box will pop up again and again. 2. Also even when the PAHUD info box doesn't appear, the cursor will suddenly disappear from the bet box and I have to click back on it.3. PAHUD crashes when I'm on FT and doesn't update well4. I disconnect and lag way more often on FT, at least a few times in every session, I can count on the disconnect/reconnect problem. Today, PAHUD seemed to cause a problem as I didn't disconnect but I timed out on all my tables because FT just froze including one hand that I had bet pre. I saw later opponent checked until river and then bet river to take the pot. I had to close out PAHUD and restart to fix the problem.5. Can't seem to place the PAHUD boxes in a good spot - right now, they cover the opponent name which is somewhat annoying.As for Stars, I can do six tables with none of these problems. Also, it's easier thru the avatars to recognize regs, not as easy on FT as I have to rely on the name.I'm glad that I ran hot when I started to play cash games as I think that boosted my self-confidence and allowed me to stick with it. This thread along with the NL cash strategy thread have been great teaching tools. Onto the next 100K hands.100khands.jpg

awesome zim.
Certainly not as impressive as Zim's, but I enjoyed my first real foray into 50NL. After making a few adjustments things started rolling. Got drawn out on for a buyin towards the end and finished down, but I'll take it considering how I started. SP32-20080717-025535-1.jpg
Some things that bug me at FT - I can only play multi four tables due to the following annoyances. I disconnect and lag way more often on FT, at least a few times in every session
I actually find it _really_ frustrating playing on FT due to the disconnects and the lagginess of the client .. I click a bet and it takes 2 or 3 seconds before it does it ...Where are you located? How reliable is your internet connection? I have a fast, good quality cable internet connection, but I'm in Australia, so I thought FT may have problems with my extra latency from being so far from the US (and the speed of light aint going to get any faster :club:)I am playing on Stars at the moment because of this ... That and for some reason I beat Stars far easier ... (I think because people let me run them over on Stars cause they are too tight .. on Full-Tilt they love to play for stacks and I'm not adjusting well enough)
I actually find it _really_ frustrating playing on FT due to the disconnects and the lagginess of the client .. I click a bet and it takes 2 or 3 seconds before it does it ...Where are you located? How reliable is your internet connection? I have a fast, good quality cable internet connection, but I'm in Australia, so I thought FT may have problems with my extra latency from being so far from the US (and the speed of light aint going to get any faster :club:)I am playing on Stars at the moment because of this ... That and for some reason I beat Stars far easier ... (I think because people let me run them over on Stars cause they are too tight .. on Full-Tilt they love to play for stacks and I'm not adjusting well enough)
I'm in California and don't have any connection problems with Stars or the rest of the internet. Yeah, I do seem to play for stacks more on FT than Stars. Players seem more aggressive. The hand below was part of my 3 BI loss Today.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)SB ($140.45)BB ($171.20)UTG ($200)UTG+1 ($143)MP1 ($306.35)MP2 ($201.55)MP3 ($200)Hero ($236)Button ($201.10)Preflop: Hero is CO with 5c.gif, 4c.gif. 4 folds, Hero raises to $6, Button calls $6, SB calls $5, BB calls $4.Flop: ($24) 6h.gif, 2s.gif, 3h.gif(5 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $15, Button folds, SB raises to $62, BB folds, Hero raises to $210, SB calls $72.45 (All-In).Turn: ($368.45) 8h.gif(3 players, 1 all-in)River: ($368.45) 5s.gif(3 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $292.90Results in white below: SB has Qh 4h (flush, queen high). UTG doesn't show. Hero has 5c 4c (straight, six high). Outcome: SB wins $292.90.

I quit after this hand - villain was 22/14/1.9 over 350 hands.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP3 ($276.05)CO ($310.70)Button ($200)SB ($198)BB ($40)UTG ($316.05)UTG+1 ($200)MP1 ($307.95)Hero ($466.05)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8c.gif, 6c.gif. UTG raises to $8, 1 fold, Hero calls $8, 1 fold, CO calls $8, 3 folds.Flop: ($27) 6d.gif, 8s.gif, 7s.gif(4 players)UTG bets $25, Hero raises to $75, CO folds, UTG calls $50.Turn: ($177) 5d.gif(3 players)UTG bets $170, Hero raises to $383.05 (All-In), UTG calls $63.05 (All-In).River: ($793.10) 3h.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $643.10Results in white below: UTG has 9s 9d (straight, nine high). UTG+1 has (straight, nine high). Hero has 8c 6c (two pair, eights and sixes). Outcome: UTG wins $643.10.

awesome bulland gobears, solid going, here's to hoping the next 100k hands are at least as good :)Can anyone clarify on PAHUD problems on Tilt? I'm planning to move thereFinally, I was just interested, do some of the regs here have graphs of their long term play?

awesome bulland gobears, solid going, here's to hoping the next 100k hands are at least as good :)Can anyone clarify on PAHUD problems on Tilt? I'm planning to move thereFinally, I was just interested, do some of the regs here have graphs of their long term play?
I've had zero problems with PAHUD and nearly no connectivity issues.
Finally, I was just interested, do some of the regs here have graphs of their long term play?
Jan20-July16.jpgSubtract around 2k around hand 75k (some hands failed to record then, my lowest point there was actually 2k lower). Add around 2k made on other sites and staking deals. Add around 6600 rakeback. This graph started on January 20, 2008. The first 40k hands are 1/2 NL. Most of the rest is 2/4 NL, with probably around 6k hands of 3/6 NL and <1000 hands of 5/10 NL.Essentially this is my graph of the last 6 months (minus a few days). I don't play a ton of hands!
I've had zero problems with PAHUD and nearly no connectivity issues.
This, although my PT3 has decided to randomly exit at times lately.
I quit after this hand - villain was 22/14/1.9 over 350 hands.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP3 ($276.05)CO ($310.70)Button ($200)SB ($198)BB ($40)UTG ($316.05)UTG+1 ($200)MP1 ($307.95)Hero ($466.05)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8c.gif, 6c.gif. UTG raises to $8, 1 fold, Hero calls $8, 1 fold, CO calls $8, 3 folds.Flop: ($27) 6d.gif, 8s.gif, 7s.gif(4 players)UTG bets $25, Hero raises to $75, CO folds, UTG calls $50.Turn: ($177) 5d.gif(3 players)UTG bets $170, Hero raises to $383.05 (All-In), UTG calls $63.05 (All-In).River: ($793.10) 3h.gif(3 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $643.10Results in white below: UTG has 9s 9d (straight, nine high). UTG+1 has (straight, nine high). Hero has 8c 6c (two pair, eights and sixes). Outcome: UTG wins $643.10.
Thats a scary push on the turn. IMO I woulda raised even more on the flop.

Just realised this. VERY lft-inducing. <---- Thankful for rakeback, so damn muchAllFTPonJuly17.png[x] 33k break-even run[x] Swongs[ ] Like a fiddle[x] Can run good[ ] Can sustain running good

Just realised this. VERY lft-inducing. <---- Thankful for rakeback, so damn muchAllFTPonJuly17.png
[x] lol'ing at 0.02bb/100[x] jealous you have a + before it[x] CR imminent