**official Mma Thread**

I'm also taking Bosse.

At this point, I have enough salary cap left over to pick whoever I want but there are no fights where it matters. I ****ing hate Machida/Romero (to pick, love it as a fan) since what Machida does well is the one thing that has beaten Romero (Cavalcante and Kennedy), however Machida is overrated and has inferior tools to Romero, however Romero has that weird thing where he tries to conserve cardio by doing nothing then exploding which isn't a game you want to play with Machida but again, better tools.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Calling a dogshit hunch here so take it as being worthless.

Tony Sims.

(From a betting standpoint, I hate this card more than anything in the world. I am pretty much going to fill it out with random picks)

Yeah, this card is a clusterfck. As you said, even the main event is a tossup.

But I do think Romero has a tendency to gas, and Machida can avoid for a round or two, move in and out. Romero's bursts are strong, but not consistent. It really is a mess. 2 years ago you give this to Machida without thinking. If Machida trades or stays in the pocket, he's toast

I might just check records and take a $1 flier on some random names, just for a sweat. I won't do my preferred $3 ticket

Wouldn't want to splurge.

Maybe I'll throw some money back on there for UFC. Problem is I can do it from work, and those baseball day slates tend to call out to me.

Also, if anyone hasn't deposited yet, but is a baseball fan, you can deposit $10 and get a year of Baseball Prospectus free, if you do it through their link. That's usually $40 a year, so it's a pretty great deal.

That's the right way to do it early on.

You'll realize after a few weeks, month or two, that there is a strategy that you had no clue about in the first week. Bet tiny early.

Yoel kind of annoys the shit out of me. Like he does stupid shit all the time and he acts like he doesn't get it.

Sitting on the stool for too long: "Whaaaa, I dunno, Whaaaa?"

Jumping out of ring after fight: "So sorry no English."

(Edit) lol I didn't know he was bashing gay marriage until I read about it. I couldn't understand what he was saying. Him and dikembe mutombo should host a talk show together

I wasn't aware how strong his wrestling pedigree was. He beat Cael Sanderson three times.

And yeah, the Jesus freak aspect annoys me.

I won 4 of my 5 DK fights and didn't cash. Effing Eddie Gordon.

Yeah even though he won, the fs1 people were trashing him pretty bad for not wrestling enough. He seems like the type of guy who doesn't listen to anything his coaches say.

Well that seems stupid. Jon Jones doesn't wrestle a ton. Cain wrestles when he's in trouble, Hendricks is a defense only wrestler. Rashad was all hands until he got KO'd, then he started taking cats down.

High level wrestlers don't get bonuses and contracts. Look at Ben Askren. So if the dude wants to bang, and still wins, who the fck are they to talk shit. Now, I didn't watch the fight yet, it seems a tad hypocritical of them.

Cuba has a rich boxing history and even Romero's brother holds a WBC boxing title. If he wrestled and grinder out a decision, they'd kill him for that.

I wasn't aware how strong his wrestling pedigree was. He beat Cael Sanderson three times.

And yeah, the Jesus freak aspect annoys me.

I won 4 of my 5 DK fights and didn't cash. Effing Eddie Gordon.

What was on your DK card?

(Yoel had better wrestle from this point forward. If he gets a crack at Weidman, its his only chance to win since Weidman is the much more rounded fighter but Yoel has superpower wrestling)

Nope. Some of my wins were by decision and on a high ko/sub card( I guess more points are generated.

'Twas good though, I enjoyed it. This next card, I know more fighters. Then again, that might be dangerous. I was basically throwing darts at names with this one. Knowledge will probably hurt me.

I've cashed in 2 out of 3 golf cards that I've done. They gave me a free $5 for baseball. I shit the bed on that one.

I'm struggling a lot with this upcoming card, although the last one was garbage since so many unknowns.

This is my current 'main card'.

ycX36ix.png

but I hate it pretty bad.

I like Rory to win but had to take Lawler due to cap issues and the unlikely possibility he can land a KO. This notwithstanding the fact that their first fight was the single worst, most boring fight in UFC history.

Penred is a ****ing snoozer, so there will be no big points there and its not entirely impossible that Howard doesn't beat him, but he's probably a reliable $10k salary cap, 60 point decision.

Thatch, Smolka and Bermudez I am comfortable with and were my core picks. They wanted way too much for Almeida and Garbrandt (both < $11K), either of whom I would've taken over anyone else on the card, but 11K ****s everything up and would've meant I had to sacrifice two core picks and replace them with dogs like Briones, Swick or Pickett (and I was damn near tempted to do that to get Almeida on there)

I'm working on alt cards now.

Everyone knew it was coming. Glad UFC trolled him with an interim belt.

I have moneyline bets on Bermudez @ -195 and Macdonald @ -170 with a $10 flier on Mcdonald by submission @ +550 (which I am very surprised to see is only +550, which suggests that maybe a couple others have the same intuition I do)

I wasn't aware he has backed out of 5 title fights in his career. In the interview I saw Dana threw that in there in a nonchalant way, but I could feel the sting he intended.

The fact they gave this to Mendes and not Frankie proves that Dana White is human garbage.

I don't know who he thinks buys his whole "Joe Silva" charade but everyone know's what's going on behind the scenes there. He knows that Mendes is much more likely (read: stupid enough) to stand and trade (against someone who very well may starch his ass in the process and the UFC wants to see win) whereas Frankie is smart enough to use his weapon to meaningful effect, haul Connors ass to the floor and GnP his drunkard Irish face completely inside out like he's never had it before.

They picked Mendes because Mendes is more likely to lose. Golden Goose bullshit.

Is it a possibility that they didn't want Edgar to fight on short notice so he could headline a future ppv? Edgar is a bigger name then Mendes and they might be able to make more money having more marketing time with Edgar in a future card where they can advertise his name for months

All I had to read was IQ and I knew it was Diaz bro reference

I feel like both Diaz brothers have been a joke for at least 5 years. If either of them get a high profile fight and UFC fans eat it up then I will lose faith in the sport