**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Yeah, but when your guy wins via what may be the worst decision in the history of the sport, its not much of a victory.

This wasn't Hendricks/GSP or Jones/Gustafsson where it was an 'either way' sort of thing but inertia goes to the champ.

It wasn't even Sanchez/Pearson, which was a total head shaker.

It was like when someone at a rigged poker site called an all in reraise with 10 high and basically set off an alarm bell that someone was really, really wrong. This decision was THAT ****ed up.

I don't know what to think about Magny v Silva (other than I'm always happy when E Silva fights)

Hopefully, Erick can just do to Magny exactly what Maia did to him. As good as E Silva's sub game is (4 of his 6 wins in the UFC are via submission), he isn't on Maias level and Silva doesn't have an iron chin, which is something that Magny may be able to exploit. The weird, weird hyper-use of Magny by the UFC is strange to me. They fought him 5 times in 2014 and already 3 times in 2015 with this ridiculous fast turnaround.

I guess I'm OK to see Cain get the rematch, but what if he wins? Now there's a ****ing inevitable rubber match? So the HW title since 2011 has been:

Cain v JDS (Lost)

Cain v Silva

Cain v JDS

Cain v Silva

Cain v JDS

Cain v Werdum (Lost)

So now:

Cain v Werdum (the rematch)

... and if Cain wins...

Cain v Werdum rubber match?

What an unmitigated shitshow the HW title picture is.

Miocic is slated to face Rothwell in October, which will be a leg kick decision win for Miocic (although in my heart, I am pulling for Big Ben). It doesn't matter though because he can't compete any higher in heavy.

JDS is on the Diaz Brothers plan so god only knows what has become of him.

Arlovski/Mir is at 191 but that has no title implications.

There's just nobody left to seriously contend with the Top 3. Who? Browne? Overeem? Roy Nelson?

If I had a time machine and could make future MMA happen right now, I would make it so the Heavyweight division was stacked with the sorts of negroes we now have in the NBA and NFL.

Really stuck the landing there

Do you think Magny fights a lot because he stays healthy and asks to fight as soon as he's able? They would kill for that out of the bigger names. Plus, he is ranked so low, every fight for him is a challenge. He isn't in any "now win" fights whereas the higher ranked guys are.

If Mir beats Arlovski and Werdum wins again, I get my Mir v Werdum fight. Woohoo

Just getting started on the fights.

What the **** already with the judges. 30-27 Beal, 29-28 Kelades, 29-28 Kelades. I thought Kelades won although I thought they could have possibly given Beal the 2nd which would have Beal win 29-28, but what the hell with the 30-27?

lol at that guy knocking out Stout then retiring. His coaches looked like they wanted to rip the mic out of his hands

lol at that guy knocking out Stout then retiring. His coaches looked like they wanted to rip the mic out of his hands

That was extremely bizarre, but understandable. If you don't have it in you to do an extreme job (which cage fighting is), doesn't really how much talent or ability you have.

Cole Konrad retired undefeated in the Bellator cage because he realized that even at the UFC level, the pay rate was terrible and having trained with guys like Brock Lesnar, etc, he probably realized that he wouldn't be nearly as dominant at that level... his heart wasn't in it so he said **** it and went for a career in commodities.

I am guessing that is what he was thinking. Tried MMA, got beaten in his MMA debut, lost his heart for it but had something to prove, so he did.

I'm interested to see whats talked about at the presser.

Yeah, I get it. I know why a mma guy would retire early because of lack of money, time away from family, injuries, etc.

But this guy has his biggest win ever then retires without telling his coaches or anything. It just seemed like he jumped the gun and was way too emotional afterwards

Rumor has it that Erick Silva was roided up and was sloppy because he can't roid anymore. To be fair almost all UFC guys have been called out for roiding at this point, but it makes sense. Based on prior fights I thought that Silva would be able to destroy Magny

This is unfair, because we have no proof, but that theory seems to make a lot of sense with Silva. I've seen that dude run through guys and look invincible, and then, nada. Maybe he's a head case?

• 2 weeks later...

DK, I screencapped the card before the final was in so maybe they were adjusted. My only concern was winning my HU's and getting ITM on the multiplayer cards. That was the only card I had on this week with no variety so it was all or nothing.

I am completely done with the large fields with top-heavy payouts. You basically have to hit a mathematically flawless card which boils down to dumb luck.

• 2 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/13657932/nevada-bans-ufc-nick-diaz-5-years-marijuana

When you get to this part, it seems pretty witch-hunty to ban him for this:

Diaz, who fights out of Stockton, California, tested positive for marijuana metabolites following a decision loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 183 on Jan. 31. The circumstances of the failed test were unique in that Diaz passed two drug tests on fight night but failed a third.

The failed test was collected and analyzed under different methods than the other two. The two clean tests, administered prefight and postfight, were analyzed by the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (SMRTL) -- which is accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency -- in Salt Lake City.

The failed test, which was administered between the two clean ones, was analyzed by Quest Diagnostics.

A box titled "observed" was left unmarked by the collector, which means Diaz might have provided the sample unsupervised. He also pointed out Diaz's name appeared on the sample. Labs are not supposed to be able to identify whom samples belong to.

Furthermore, Middlebrook argued the failed test was such an outlier when compared with the other two that it had to be unreliable. According to the Quest test, Diaz registered a marijuana metabolites level nearly five times the allowable limit. In the SMRTL tests, however, his levels were well below that allowable threshold.

The UFC wants to be rid of him but they don't want him bringing in eyeballs for another promotion. Its literally their best case scenario.

They had a hand in this. 5 years for pot isn't pathetic. Its agenda-driven. I hope his lawyers have brains and start subpoenaing the right records and people.

Has there been a less interested coach than Conor?

Was there an ep last night? I've read where he said he wasn't there to coach or mentor, just to bring eyeballs.

I liked McGregor after watching that 6 part series on him and gained respect for him when he beat Mendes, but something in me really wants Aldo to destroy him. He needs a comeuppance.

And my heritage is Irish, not that I give two shits about that stuff.

I just caught up on the premiere today; decent fights, Euros looked much better, not many finishes, but lots of good 10 minute fights they could only show clips of with Dana & co. gushing about how good it was. Maybe only 1 third round?

New ep tonight. Conor could get old in a hurry, especially with him and Uriah not fighting.

I thought of him, but at least he really wanted to fight/beat Rashad, so he was interested in that aspect. Conor doesn't even have the fight angle. He just gets to be a dick for a month.

I didn't see Season 7, apparently.