February Goals

plenty.it really depends on how losing several in a row will impact you and how willing you are to move down.if you are a solid player, you should rarely go more than 9 in a row without cashing.
My 13 SNG cashless streak was teh fun.Turbos are higher variance though, I think.
  • Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So Naked_Cowboy and I have a bet going to motivate us to rehab our FT BRs. We each got some rakeback money on there, so he's starting at $251 and I started at $164...we're racing to $500 for $15. I started at a disadvantage, but I get the opportunity to play more than he does. So basically, I've been amusing myself by playing the micro tournaments. Won 3 $5 45-man SNGs in the past couple days. It's funny how relative all of this is. If I'm playing on Bodog, I sneeze $80...but that's a "big score" on my small FT BR. =)Consistently getting through tournament fields and winning is good for the confidence and makes the game fun, even if it's not as profitable as my typical games/levels.

So Naked_Cowboy and I have a bet going to motivate us to rehab our FT BRs. We each got some rakeback money on there, so he's starting at $251 and I started at $164...we're racing to $500 for $15. I started at a disadvantage, but I get the opportunity to play more than he does. So basically, I've been amusing myself by playing the micro tournaments. Won 3 $5 45-man SNGs in the past couple days. It's funny how relative all of this is. If I'm playing on Bodog, I sneeze $80...but that's a "big score" on my small FT BR. =)Consistently getting through tournament fields and winning is good for the confidence and makes the game fun, even if it's not as profitable as my typical games/levels.
my goal for the month to win the bet before the month is out (but at the rate we're both cleaning up, it'll be 1 week tops). I've been playing single table 10+1s and 20+2s, as well as HU SNGs of the same buyin. ROI is at $32% for SNGs since i started this account on full tilt, the vast majority of those results are the last 2 weeks. I may have to step it up and win a 45 or 27 man to grab a W. I didn't expect CB to completely drop his bodog cash grinding to win a $15 bet.I have to echo the confidence thing though. My sharkscope graph is pretty and i've stopped questioning at least one aspect of my game.

yea, so far this month I'm averaging a dollar per SnG. Bleh, I've had a couple of bad days, but now cut it down to 4 tabling as opposed to five, and I really felt that I played a lot better with 4 then 5. Lesson to myself, stop trying to play more then 4 tables at any game that I play, cause bad shit always seems to happen when I play over 4

New February/March goals for me:1. Don't place a single bet on any kind of -EV game or playing blackjackPoker's what I'm good at, and I'm OK at sportsbetting, but I need to stay away from all this other ****. Playing house games gives your money away fast, and even counting cards playing BJ is tricky and tilt-inducing. I'm staying away from this 100% from now on.2. Win 10K in Vegas Trip, Part DeuxI'm leaving again on the 27th of February and coming back on March 6th, and I want to at least win back what I lost last time. The games are soft enough anyway that it shouldn't be that hard, and there's a tourney in town, so things should be even better. It's not that I'm guaranteed to win 10K if I play well, or that that's anywhere near a minimum expectation, but that's the amount I'd like to make, and I think it's very feasible over a long trip.3. Play my 'A' game at least 90% of the time, never ever play worse than my 'B' gameThis is generic and hard to quantify, but I really play off my 'A' game way too much. Signs that I'm not playing my 'A' game are:Repotting OOP in PLOPlaying poor starting hands in LHE because I'm bored/frustratedTrying to repeatedly fire bluffs in NLHE when I don't have anywhere near the image to pull them off.

bluff in nl is overrated as far as i am concerned...multi street bluffs are inconsequential until limits where people can lay down big hands...you wont see that until much higher limits...still at 775 for the br...up 475 for the month so far though. Just dont have much free time to play with visitin the g/f and all that fun stuff...

New February/March goals for me:1. Don't place a single bet on any kind of -EV game or playing blackjackPoker's what I'm good at, and I'm OK at sportsbetting, but I need to stay away from all this other ****. Playing house games gives your money away fast, and even counting cards playing BJ is tricky and tilt-inducing. I'm staying away from this 100% from now on.2. Win 10K in Vegas Trip, Part DeuxI'm leaving again on the 27th of February and coming back on March 6th, and I want to at least win back what I lost last time. The games are soft enough anyway that it shouldn't be that hard, and there's a tourney in town, so things should be even better. It's not that I'm guaranteed to win 10K if I play well, or that that's anywhere near a minimum expectation, but that's the amount I'd like to make, and I think it's very feasible over a long trip.3. Play my 'A' game at least 90% of the time, never ever play worse than my 'B' gameThis is generic and hard to quantify, but I really play off my 'A' game way too much. Signs that I'm not playing my 'A' game are:Repotting OOP in PLOPlaying poor starting hands in LHE because I'm bored/frustratedTrying to repeatedly fire bluffs in NLHE when I don't have anywhere near the image to pull them off.
I was wondering when you were gonna make those resolutions. Good job and gl.
plenty.it really depends on how losing several in a row will impact you and how willing you are to move down.if you are a solid player, you should rarely go more than 9 in a row without cashing.
I have a stop limit of two losses in a row. I take a break or move down in limits. Ty Actuary.
In good news, I've been thinking a lot about Stylinhawyn's post from a few days ago and I played a session online tonight, really trying to concentrate on making good decisions. I finally had a solidly winning session at 2/4 FR, unfortunately, the same could not be said for 1/2 SH, and I basically broke even on the night. But, I feel like I have what it takes to rebuild my roll now, I just need to be patient and disciplined.
very good to hear cinci, very very very good. Sorry I had to come off as such as f*$er, I'm really not like that at all in real life. But Im at least happy the post got to you the right way and made you realize that there's much more to poker than just making money. And I honestly believe that you now have the right mindset to make it in the poker world. Just keep on learning and improving your game, and you'll figure it out on your own. glgl

Dear god, another exceptional stretch of 75 bets in about 500 hands of a mix between 10/20 and 5/10.My last 10k hands have been going better than 5BB/100 overall.The breakdown is even better. 7.5BB/100 at 10/20, and a pathetic 2BB/100 at 5/10.

Dear god, another exceptional stretch of 75 bets in about 500 hands of a mix between 10/20 and 5/10.My last 10k hands have been going better than 5BB/100 overall.The breakdown is even better. 7.5BB/100 at 10/20, and a pathetic 2BB/100 at 5/10.
Well done, well done.
my goal for the month to win the bet before the month is out (but at the rate we're both cleaning up, it'll be 1 week tops). I've been playing single table 10+1s and 20+2s, as well as HU SNGs of the same buyin. ROI is at $32% for SNGs since i started this account on full tilt, the vast majority of those results are the last 2 weeks. I may have to step it up and win a 45 or 27 man to grab a W. I didn't expect CB to completely drop his bodog cash grinding to win a $15 bet.I have to echo the confidence thing though. My sharkscope graph is pretty and i've stopped questioning at least one aspect of my game.
Won the bet (sorry BC) and got my roll over 500 3 days after we started. Now I can finally stop rooting against a friend, which was not pleasing.Updated goals for feb:get to 1k on full tiltmaintain shark status or at least 35% ROI on sharkscope.

Alright.I'm going to Vegas for the first tomorrow morning, and I won't be back until Saturday.I won't be around, and I know you will all miss me.I'll be back asking for stakes before you know it, since I will most definitely go busto.Cheers.- Zach

Well, I'm done. I didn't go busto, I cashed my last 350 off of AP instead of tilting it away. I'm heading to Vegas early next month, so I'll just bank it and use it for strippers and blow instead of pissing it away at a higher NL table than I should be playing at just trying to get even. Tonight I was in the 9k gtd tourney, doing sooooo well, had a top 10 stack out of 950 players...get aces, all in preflop, cracked by tens...flop 8 8 10. Stack crippled. Battle back to just a little above average stack. Get jacks in the big blind. Average stack guy makes obvious steal raise from the button, I shovel, he calls with Ace Five, flop A 5 x Turn A gg me. I went right to the AP cashier window and cashed it all out.Seems like that little run sums up my whole poker playing life. I don't have the roll to play in the games where I feel most comfortable, or where the stakes actually "mean something" to me. I can't sit and grind out nl games for $25 at a time. When I did run together a good string and build a roll, I'd sit there and look at the amount in the cashier window and think of what the money could mean to me and my family. I don't know how some of you guys handle the swings you go through. I'd say that overall, I've been a winning player. My pt stats show me that. My sharkscope has been great, hovering over 100% roi after like 150 tourneys, most of which 180 player sng's at stars. I just don't have the discipline. If I were playing 10/20 limit, or 5-10 nl, I know for sure that I would do just fine and hold my own at it. The stakes and the money involved is what gives me that adrenaline, that rush. I just don't get that same feeling with $25 on the table at micro stakes grinding levels.I'm not making a "farewell" post, nor saying I will "never" again play poker online. I just don't have the drive nor desire to continue to invest so much of my time in to it. I wish everyone here at FCP the best of luck. I will continue to post on the forum, read and reply in the strat forums, etc, etc, as I have grown to consider this place my online "home" if you will. Thanks for all the support, advice, railage, stakeage, and above all comeraderie over the past few years. It's been fun!

Well, I'm done. I didn't go busto, I cashed my last 350 off of AP instead of tilting it away. I'm heading to Vegas early next month, so I'll just bank it and use it for strippers and blow instead of pissing it away at a higher NL table than I should be playing at just trying to get even. Tonight I was in the 9k gtd tourney, doing sooooo well, had a top 10 stack out of 950 players...get aces, all in preflop, cracked by tens...flop 8 8 10. Stack crippled. Battle back to just a little above average stack. Get jacks in the big blind. Average stack guy makes obvious steal raise from the button, I shovel, he calls with Ace Five, flop A 5 x Turn A gg me. I went right to the AP cashier window and cashed it all out.Seems like that little run sums up my whole poker playing life. I don't have the roll to play in the games where I feel most comfortable, or where the stakes actually "mean something" to me. I can't sit and grind out nl games for $25 at a time. When I did run together a good string and build a roll, I'd sit there and look at the amount in the cashier window and think of what the money could mean to me and my family. I don't know how some of you guys handle the swings you go through. I'd say that overall, I've been a winning player. My pt stats show me that. My sharkscope has been great, hovering over 100% roi after like 150 tourneys, most of which 180 player sng's at stars. I just don't have the discipline. If I were playing 10/20 limit, or 5-10 nl, I know for sure that I would do just fine and hold my own at it. The stakes and the money involved is what gives me that adrenaline, that rush. I just don't get that same feeling with $25 on the table at micro stakes grinding levels.I'm not making a "farewell" post, nor saying I will "never" again play poker online. I just don't have the drive nor desire to continue to invest so much of my time in to it. I wish everyone here at FCP the best of luck. I will continue to post on the forum, read and reply in the strat forums, etc, etc, as I have grown to consider this place my online "home" if you will. Thanks for all the support, advice, railage, stakeage, and above all comeraderie over the past few years. It's been fun!
See you back at the tables in a week then? :club: Seriously though. I really kinda understand what you're going through. It takes courage to do the smart thing, so congrats on that. You'll probably play online again someday. Maybe then you'll be able to deposit enough to play the higher stakes you want to play? Either way, in some ways it's a shame to see someone quit, but it doesn't sound like you're giving up. Just taking your money out because you don't feel like playing online poker is the best use for it and I think that's probably much better than playing outside your roll and then feeling worse if you lose it all. Hopefully you'll be able to get back to playing some day. Until then, good luck with the other things in life.
Well, I'm done. I didn't go busto, I cashed my last 350 off of AP instead of tilting it away. I'm heading to Vegas early next month, so I'll just bank it and use it for strippers and blow instead of pissing it away at a higher NL table than I should be playing at just trying to get even.
Good luck in life man, and I hope we still see you in strat
I will continue to post on the forum, read and reply in the strat forums,
Lies.There are a ton of hands that you haven't even seen in Omaha strat.****Seriously tho , i have benefited from your PLO posts. Let's not fool anyone. You are coming back sooner or later. You will just take some time off , enjoy the other pleasures of life. Then i hope i see you at an Omaha table instead of a jammy Holdem table.
Lies.There are a ton of hands that you haven't even seen in Omaha strat.****Seriously tho , i have benefited from your PLO posts. Let's not fool anyone. You are coming back sooner or later. You will just take some time off , enjoy the other pleasures of life. Then i hope i see you at an Omaha table instead of a jammy Holdem table.
stop spreading your PLO propaganda. :club:

Well past the +500 dollar mark for the month...probably closer to 550 with rakeback or so...going pretty solid should be able to get to the +700 which wouldnt be to bad....what sites softer right now...ftp or stars?edit...hit quads against the nut straight and am now up to just under 600 for the month