I honestly don't think Doyle is that good. Is it just me? I think there are MANY better players than Doyle....Ivey, Grinder, Berry Greenstein, Markholt, and many many more.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't think Doyle is that good. Is it just me? I think there are MANY better players than Doyle....Ivey, Grinder, Berry Greenstein, Markholt, and many many more.
:club: gl with this one
I bet you Doyle Brunson never sat down at a table with his brother's entire bankroll thinking it was play money.
without Doyle there IS no Ivey, Grinder, Berry.why am I even replying to this??????
I bet you Doyle Brunson never sat down at a table with his brother's entire bankroll thinking it was play money.
ya.....good point....that has everything to do with everything...How many times did Doyle go broke? i've never gone broke.
http://www.nbcsports.com/poker/index.htmlwatch week 4 , friday segment 7watch the interview with Ivey, who you say is way better than brunson, and about that your probably right, but he is also someone who can form an opinion about doyle much better than you can seeing as you have only seen him on TV. ivey calls him one of the best if not the best player in the world today.
without Doyle there IS no Ivey, Grinder, Berry.why am I even replying to this??????
He's a big part of poker history. I'm not arguing that. But I'm saying that now that there is Ivey and grinder and berry, they would beat him in the long run.
I know it is only January, But this post has to be one of the candidates for worst post of 07. Like your mamma use to say if you have nothing nice to type, type nothing at all...
and you base this on what exactly? Oh i forgot you have seen him on tv and your expert analysis has deduced that he is over rated. He may be over rated but i doubt anyone here except Daniel N would be able to give us any insight on whether this statement has any meat to it.
I think we've seen Doyle make some bad moves in tournaments, but I believe that's more to do with the stakes than declining skill. I was rooting for him to put the hurt on Sklansky in that authors tournament, but apparently he had somewhere to go.
I think we've seen Doyle make some bad moves in tournaments, but I believe that's more to do with the stakes than declining skill. I was rooting for him to put the hurt on Sklansky in that authors tournament, but apparently he had somewhere to go.
I've seen that tournament and I thought he played poorly...All in...all in...and he gave his chips away to skalansky. But I didn't know he was in a hurry.