Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the allstar break come and gone it's time to focus on the post season push.I invite all my fellow Canuckleheads to show their support here.Canuck - Slang for Canadianhttp://www.canucks.com/

Heh... the Sesito pick "The 228-pound forward was originally selected by Columbus in the third round, 85th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft." was covered in that Gare Joyce classic "Future Greats

Maybe, hard to tell. By the way, your organisation has some work to do as well If I remember correctly your last 8 games was somewhat of a record in your sweet city.. Atlanta Thrashers- thats the

If I recall correctly he scored a goal on his next shift (or close to it) so I assume he's fine.
Well I know he got back into the game but it's not uncommon for a player to finish off a game (especially during a big game) and play through injury.I hope you're right. Bieksa's been a good surprise this year.

GAME DAY - 02/22/07Canucks at Kings @ 10:30 PM ESTLine: VCR @ -135--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Woah, almost forgot there was a game today.Anyhoo...I'm always afraid of let down games after a big victory and if I had to predict one this game would be it. Hopefully Luongo will have soaked up the game off and win it for the team regardless of how they play in front of him.

I've been MIA for a couple of weeks with computer problems, just gotta get in a quick "Go Nuckies!!"Beating the Ducks with Sabourin in net, sick. Although with a little help from the men in stripes.Loving this...

Wow I think there pretty much locked in for a playoff spot now(knock on wood). I think at the begining of the year If they finished top 10 in the confrence that would be a reasonable accomplishment considering all the changes. Now with Luongo I think they could go on a deep run and should try to improve at the deadline. Nothing to drastic because of the prices the sellars are getting for rental players but maybe a Gellina or maybe even Gary Roberts(for a 2nd round pick but I wouldnt give up a first) and maybe a solid depth defenceman. Remeber this team makes the finals every 12 seasons(1982,1994 and this year because of the missed season) :club: Go Nucks. I think every team in the confrence is scared of them in the first round.

Wow I think there pretty much locked in for a playoff spot now(knock on wood). I think at the begining of the year If they finished top 10 in the confrence that would be a reasonable accomplishment considering all the changes. Now with Luongo I think they could go on a deep run and should try to improve at the deadline. Nothing to drastic because of the prices the sellars are getting for rental players but maybe a Gellina or maybe even Gary Roberts(for a 2nd round pick but I wouldnt give up a first) and maybe a solid depth defenceman. Remeber this team makes the finals every 12 seasons(1982,1994 and this year because of the missed season) :club: Go Nucks. I think every team in the confrence is scared of them in the first round.
haha...every 12 seasons. I love it! :D

Oh crap...what a painful loss to the Stars. I didn't catch the game but those looked like some bonehead penalties down the stretch.I hope they come out pissed on Tuesday and massacre the Blues.

Smolinski to Vancouver for a 2nd.
It is all but done, but according the the Team 1040 they just need to work out some cap issue (Kesler possibly coming back early would put the Canucks over the cap). Chouinard has been waved in order to clear up some cap space.
Now everyone in my section can shout SOPEL!!!!!!!!!! again.Belanger, I hope it isn't LAs 2nd, that is basically a late 1st round pick.
The LA Press Release reads a 2nd round pick in 07 or 08(So I imagine that is Vancouver's pick) and a 4th in 08. I've heard that the 2nd round pick in the Smolinski deal is LA's. Actually it sounds like the 2nd is a conditional.

what what whaaat!?!?Sopel and Smolinski!?AWESOME!! I think I already mentioned that I was a big Sopel fan and I remember Smolinski used to be pretty solid. Dunno if he still has the offensive.Way to go D-No! :club:

Smolinski had respectable numbers with Chicago, he's a HUGE upgrade from Chouinard in every way.Game vs STL tonight, should be an easy win since Legace is day-to-day and they lost Tkachuk/Guerin/Wideman.

Smolinski had respectable numbers with Chicago, he's a HUGE upgrade from Chouinard in every way.Game vs STL tonight, should be an easy win since Legace is day-to-day and they lost Tkachuk/Guerin/Wideman.
I hope there's a win...PERIOD. I don't get it. It seems like the Nucks have been winning every game since Christmas (17-4-3 I think) but Minny and Calgary is still only 2 points behind. WTF!?!

Well Calgary and Minnesota both have 1 more game played. Still, I see your point lol. Anyway, I'm glad with what Nonis did. I loved Sopel, he's gotten better and Smolinski is going to help out a bunch, giving us very well balanced lines. I would have liked Gelinas to come back for another run however, oh well :POh also..the 2nd rounder was NOT LA's.

Well Calgary and Minnesota both have 1 more game played. Still, I see your point lol. Anyway, I'm glad with what Nonis did. I loved Sopel, he's gotten better and Smolinski is going to help out a bunch, giving us very well balanced lines. I would have liked Gelinas to come back for another run however, oh well :POh also..the 2nd rounder was NOT LA's.
Holy crap! I didn't even know Gelinas was still in the league....and they say hockey players don't have long careers...
Talk about garbage.PLEASE no late season breakdown :club:
Thats why they play the games...On paper it was a lock...Canucks have played amazing..cant win them all....Smolinski and Sopel solid additions.