Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the allstar break come and gone it's time to focus on the post season push.I invite all my fellow Canuckleheads to show their support here.Canuck - Slang for Canadianhttp://www.canucks.com/

Heh... the Sesito pick "The 228-pound forward was originally selected by Columbus in the third round, 85th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft." was covered in that Gare Joyce classic "Future Greats

Maybe, hard to tell. By the way, your organisation has some work to do as well If I remember correctly your last 8 games was somewhat of a record in your sweet city.. Atlanta Thrashers- thats the

GAME DAY - 03/27/07Canucks @ Avs @ 9:00 PM ESTLine: VCR @ +131--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Nucks look to avenge their Sunday OT shootout loss to the Avs in the backend of a home-and-home tonight. Missing Salo and Ohlund has hurt Vancouver but even that isn't an excuse for putting up only 4 shots in the final 2 periods on Sunday.Colorado has been playing some great hockey but look for a very hungry group of Canuckleheads at the Pepsi Center tonight. Hopefully Salo will dress and be effective.

GAME DAY - 03/27/07Canucks @ Avs @ 9:00 PM ESTLine: VCR @ +131--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Nucks look to avenge their Sunday OT shootout loss to the Avs in the backend of a home-and-home tonight. Missing Salo and Ohlund has hurt Vancouver but even that isn't an excuse for putting up only 4 shots in the final 2 periods on Sunday.Colorado has been playing some great hockey but look for a very hungry group of Canuckleheads at the Pepsi Center tonight. Hopefully Salo will dress and be effective.
I'm cheering for a Luongo shutout OR a Luongo win with all Colorado goals being scored by Stastny.Yes, I have Luongo and Stastny on my CBS fantasy team.
If Bobby Lu doesn't win MVP, it's fixed. PLAYOFFS, HERE WE COME!!
Then start the investigation because I think Crosby is gonna win it.

much better effort tonight. if they can get that D back healthy look out. Luongo wont win the Hart but it would be a damn shame if he isnt a finalist. Playoffs baby, you gotta be in it to win it.

Started and finished. Eastern Bias. FTW
Yeah, because Crosby has really sucked this year. I guess if he wins the Hart and the Art Ross it will be Eastern bias.BTW, who won the Hart last season?
Yeah, because Crosby has really sucked this year. I guess if he wins the Hart and the Art Ross it will be Eastern bias.BTW, who won the Hart last season?
Where did I say Crosby sucked?Can you imagine where the Nucks are sitting right now with Auld or Cloutier in net? Not leading the division that's for sure. Crosby is one of the best players in the league no doubt but Luongo is more valuable to this team then Crosby is with his. IMO obviously.To be fair I've also watched 75 Nuck games and only 5-10 pen games. I'm obviously a biased homer but I can live with that.
Where did I say Crosby sucked?Can you imagine where the Nucks are sitting right now with Auld or Cloutier in net? Not leading the division that for sure. Crosby is one of if not the single best player in the league but Luongo is more valuable to this team then Crosby is with his. IMO obviously.
Take Crosby off the Pens and where do you think they are?
Better off then us I think. I addressed by homerness in my edit.
I don't really think goalies should qualify for the Hart Trophy anyway.
I don't really think goalies should qualify for the Hart Trophy anyway.
It doesn't matter if you think they should, they do qualify. You don't have to be drunk to think Luongo at least deserves strong consideration (as does Brodeur) over Crosby. I might even argue Thornton deserves some as well.As far as Eastern bias in the Hart voting goes, I think it does exist. Thornton won it last season, but he was the clear choice and he played his entire career up until last season in the East. When it comes to close Hart races, the Eastern candidate will win. I would point to Theodore winning it over Iginla, but then you would say Iginla's team didn't make the playoffs. Iginla was the best player in the world that year, he deserved it.

Attempting to put my bias aside, I don't think there's any way Crosby loses the Hart. Luongo and Brodeur have both hand unbelievable seasons, but Crosby taking the Pens from 2nd last in the league, to fighting for the division, and home ice, etc is remarkable, and 113 points (+ 5 games), leading the league by 9 points, and his overall awesomeness are too much for them to surpass, imo. If you think of where the Pens would be without Crosby, I think we see why he'll most-likely win the Hart. I know the same can be said of Luongo, and to a lesser extent Brodeur, but I just feel Crosby is more valuable.I'd like to point out, that I reaaaally suck at making a valid argument at 8:30 am, when I haven't gone to bed yet.Btw, I think Luongo has had an MVP worthy season, in a non-Crosby NHL, without a doubt. :club:

Attempting to put my bias aside, I don't think there's any way Crosby loses the Hart. Luongo and Brodeur have both hand unbelievable seasons, but Crosby taking the Pens from 2nd last in the league, to fighting for the division, and home ice, etc is remarkable, and 113 points (+ 5 games), leading the league by 9 points, and his overall awesomeness are too much for them to surpass, imo. If you think of where the Pens would be without Crosby, I think we see why he'll most-likely win the Hart. I know the same can be said of Luongo, and to a lesser extent Brodeur, but I just feel Crosby is more valuable.I'd like to point out, that I reaaaally suck at making a valid argument at 8:30 am, when I haven't gone to bed yet.Btw, I think Luongo has had an MVP worthy season, in a non-Crosby NHL, without a doubt. :club:
I picked Crosby to win it, but I think you slightly over estimate his importance. He obviously has had a major impact, but the arrival of Staal and Malkin, along with th return of Recchi, the ressurection if Gonchar (remember he was awful at the start of the 05-06 season) and the emergence of Whitney and Armstrong all helped the Pens get to where they are.I could make a similar argument about how it is more than just Luongo that is contributing the Canucks success.*Edit - Making an argument at 5:40 am is just as tough.
It doesn't matter if you think they should, they do qualify. You don't have to be drunk to think Luongo at least deserves strong consideration (as does Brodeur) over Crosby. I might even argue Thornton deserves some as well.As far as Eastern bias in the Hart voting goes, I think it does exist. Thornton won it last season, but he was the clear choice and he played his entire career up until last season in the East. When it comes to close Hart races, the Eastern candidate will win. I would point to Theodore winning it over Iginla, but then you would say Iginla's team didn't make the playoffs. Iginla was the best player in the world that year, he deserved it.
Thanks for stating the obvious. I know goalies qualify for the Hart but I don't think they should. I never claimed Luongo didn't deserve recognition, but I was only listing who I think should win.P.S. Jose Theodore was unbelievable the year he won it. This only supports my belief that goalies shouldn't qualify because they play the most important position on the ice so they are almost always the MVP of a successful team.

Who cares who wins the stupid Hart trophy?! Crosby can have the Hart...I want Lui to win the Conn Smythe trophy for bringing home Lord Stanley's cup to the 604.I knew having Salo back in the line-up would be big. Huge victory on a night when the Wild picked up a point!

These Canuck threads are really getting out of hand. The team is playing above its natural ability, kinda like the Leafs did to start the season when TSN had them #5 in the power rankings.... it will even out, the Canucks will enter the playoffs the 4/5 seed, and then will lose in 6/7 games the first round, or if they make it to the 2nd round bust out in 5/6 games against a much deeper, more balanced team.
I'm still sticking by this.
I'm still sticking by this.
which part are you sticking to? u made the post when the Nucks were hot from xmas to January. they haven't slowed down so ur wrong there.as for the playoff prediction that's not even a prediction. "they won't win the first round. BUT if they do they won't win the second round" you can make that prediction for 12 of the 16 playoff teams and be right most of the time. nice work oracle
which part are you sticking to? u made the post when the Nucks were hot from xmas to January. they haven't slowed down so ur wrong there.as for the playoff prediction that's not even a prediction. "they won't win the first round. BUT if they do they won't win the second round" you can make that prediction for 12 of the 16 playoff teams and be right most of the time. nice work oracle
They are slowing down, they'll finish 4/5. And if it's one or the other, I'll say I think they'll lose in the second round in 5 games. Better? You predicted they'd either win the division and finish top three or finish somewhere close to the bottom, which isn't exactly an oracle prediction either.
He's just saying that they won't go deep.