Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

Ty for serge curse on Flyers.
lol..No problem..My series to cheer for in order are:PhillyBostonVancouverWashingtonChicagoMostly for obvious reasons, however for monetary reasons as well..
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

I stole this from a comment on a Puck Daddy blog... this might be the most sane Flyers fan I've ever seen:

Seems like most are picking the Pens to beat the Flyers. I'm a Flyers fan, and I can't say I disagree. The Pens played great down the stretch and the Flyers backed their way into the playoffs. They just haven't played with much energy in the past few weeks, and they seem incapable of putting together a strong 60 minute effort. Maybe the playoffs will change that, but I can't say I'm confident. I do think it will be a long series, and a very entertaining one at that. I'm going Penguins in 7.

I can see why a lot of people are picking the Pens, but for some reason my head just says Phili should win. They've got a better offense and better special teams, I think more of the problem is that it rests a lot on Biron. He played well last year in the playoffs for sure, but repeatable?

The Pens exploited him masterfully last year in the playoffs, I see no reason why they can't do it again.I know the Flyers have a deep offense, but I don't know if they're better than this current Penguins group. The post-deadline Penguins are as deep and good offensively as any team in the league, imho.The special teams go to the Flyers, but the Pens are aware of the Flyers game plans (according to their off-day interviews yesterday), and hopefully have the right adjustments.

Season GF: 264 - 264Goals/game over last 20 games...Pens - 3.9Flyers - 3.1
Flyers=four 30-goal scorers and six players with at least 20.Pens=two 30-goal scorers and six players with at least 20.Gagne-Richards-KnubleHartnell-Carter-LupulGiroux-Briere-AshamCarcillo-Powe-Ross(or other)is a bit deeper than the Pens, think the 3rd line is where it comes in, and more danger from a wider spectrum of players as shown from the above stat.
Season GF: 264 - 264Goals/game over last 20 games...Pens - 3.9Flyers - 3.1
less than one goal a game over 20 games where the last few games meant nothing doesn't qualify as valid evidence. IMO anyway.
Flyers=four 30-goal scorers and six players with at least 20.Pens=two 30-goal scorers and six players with at least 20.Gagne-Richards-KnubleHartnell-Carter-LupulGiroux-Briere-AshamCarcillo-Powe-Ross(or other)is a bit deeper than the Pens, think the 3rd line is where it comes in, and more danger from a wider spectrum of players as shown from the above stat.
I think the Pens 3rd line is better than Philly's 3rd line.For the record though, those 6 Flyers with 20 goals each, actually have 25.The Pens, on the other hand, have 13 10-goal scorers. I think it speaks to their depth a bit more. The Flyers have one more player with 11 goals, and that's Briere. If he didn't hurt his vagina so often, he'd be up there with 20+ as well, but there's a big drop off after that.
The Flyers have one more player with 11 goals, and that's Briere. If he didn't hurt his vagina so often, he'd be up there with 20+ as well, but there's a big drop off after that.
Maybe him and Crosby can get together and compare stories about their vagina's.
less than one goal a game over 20 games where the last few games meant nothing doesn't qualify as valid evidence. IMO anyway.
0 goals difference over the entire season qualifies, IMO.And the last few games didn't mean anything except for home ice advantage that the Flyers choked away...and who wants that anyway? haha
Flyers=four 30-goal scorers and six players with at least 20.Pens=two 30-goal scorers and six players with at least 20.
The the Flyers are more top heavy but have equal overall offences as a whole? Got it.btw, I didn't really put a lot of thought into it, just threw out a few stats and decided to be a sarcastic azzhole, cause...well, that's what I do. And the last 20 games thing, I just pulled the number out of no where, thinking the Pens were most represented by their current team in that stretch.
btw, I didn't really put a lot of thought into it, just threw out a few stats and decided to be a sarcastic azzhole, cause...well, that's what I do. And the last 20 games thing, I just pulled the number out of no where, thinking the Pens were most represented by their current team in that stretch.
Nah I know what you mean, don't think anyone around here cares, just random banter and views before the series starts. We're all gooooood, FCP Hockey Forum, best place on the site!

I wore my Lemieux jersey to the office today - while waiting for and on the train I got a mix of "Go Flyers", "Crosby is a whiny Bitch", and "Penguins Suck". I think tomorrow I'm going to wear my Blackhawks jersey in the office to get some reactions from coworkers... but won't put it on until then to save myself from some physical altercations.

Absolutely unreal intensity in this game.The TK - Staal - Cookie line is looking unreal, while Kunitz is bringing the intensity and hitting, celebrating the birth of his son, Zachary.Crosby and Malkin are both out in full force too.One mistake/giveaway by Orpik led to pretty good sustained pressure by the Flyers, but otherwise, the Pens had a great period.The beauty of it all, is the Pens can match (or beat) Philly's physicality. Oprik 2nd in the league with 306 hits, Cooke 5th with 262, and Kunitz 15th with 207. The top Flyer is Andrew Alberts with 157.

Is there a team in any major professional sports that takes losses worse than the Flyers?What a bunch of little babies. And major LOL at Richards' whining in this game, especially in the 2nd period, it's amazing that anyone on the team, or any of their fans can possibly say anything to anyone on the Penguins about whining. Not to mention the handful of dives Richards took in the season series this year.What a team this group is. This performance reminded me a LOT of the team that went to the Cup last year.15 more, baby.

Is there a team in any major professional sports that takes losses worse than the Flyers?What a bunch of little babies. And major LOL at Richards' whining in this game, especially in the 2nd period, it's amazing that anyone on the team, or any of their fans can possibly say anything to anyone on the Penguins about whining. Not to mention the handful of dives Richards took in the season series this year.What a team this group is. This performance reminded me a LOT of the team that went to the Cup last year.15 more, baby.
Good thing they dont give out cups for one game.Congrats..Enjoy
Ty for serge curse on Flyers.
Game 1 in the books. The Pens proved just too much for the Flyers. As we've seen since Disco Dan came around this team just keeps coming and coming and eventually wears down the other team. Malkins goal to make it 3-0 on a bad giveaway (bad bounce off the boards) pretty much sealed the deal. The Flyers showed what goons they were the rest of the way.Oh and how much of an dick is Scott Hartnell? I know it's nothing new but he was horrible for the Flyers in this game, and I loved it.
Oh and how much of an dick is Scott Hartnell? I know it's nothing new but he was horrible for the Flyers in this game, and I loved it.
Has to be the biggest douche in the league > Avery IMO. He cost his team so bad in this game.Great game by Pens on pretty much all fronts. Loved the hitting display we put on. Can't wait for game 2...
Good thing they dont give out cups for one game.Congrats..Enjoy
I don't remember saying anything about the Penguins winning the Cup. I said they looked good, and the Flyers are a bunch of fags.
Oh and how much of an dick is Scott Hartnell? I know it's nothing new but he was horrible for the Flyers in this game, and I loved it.
You know, I hate playing against him, and he's a total goofball (see his shootout attempt, and subsequent hissy fit on the bench), but from all I've read about him, he seems like a pretty cool dude. I know that's not cool to say as he's a Flyer, and I'll hate him on the ice, but you know, he did a bunch of cool off-ice stuff that really changed my opinion of him.
You know, I hate playing against him, and he's a total goofball (see his shootout attempt, and subsequent hissy fit on the bench), but from all I've read about him, he seems like a pretty cool dude. I know that's not cool to say as he's a Flyer, and I'll hate him on the ice, but you know, he did a bunch of cool off-ice stuff that really changed my opinion of him.
links or he's still a douche..and they better be on the level of feeding like half of the worlds starving people :club: