Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

rofl at Matt Cooke.Fleury was an absolute beast tonight. What a performance.Flames played solid, but a lack of PP success, and running into a hot goalie cost them a chance. Sounds like the Pens against Philly on Sunday.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Marc-Andre Fleury likes March 25th.March 25th, 2009 -- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 31 saves en route to shutting out the Calgary Flames 2-0.March 25th, 2008 -- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 31 saves en route to shutting out the New Jersey Devils 2-0.March 25th, 2007 -- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 29 saves en route to shutting out the Boston Bruins 5-0.

Holy Hell...where did that come from. Max Talbot splits the D showing some blinding speed and goes 5 hole on Henry....Wow, what a bitch Avery is. I think Gill gave him a little shove and he went down like he got shot. Thank god they didn't call anything.... lol, now he does the same with Crosby....Cooke finally breaks out of his funk and gets one. Malkin and Talbot get the assists....what was a great period for the Pens turned into crap in the last few minutes (2 goals in 1:26...the last coming at 19:56). 2-2 after the 1st.

Well, good 18 minutes.Avery is flopping all over the place, it's quite lol.Pens looked good, for the most part, though, should be an interesting 2nd and 3rd periods, though. Gonna be a good game.

Holy Hell...where did that come from. Max Talbot splits the D showing some blinding speed and goes 5 hole on Henry....Wow, what a bitch Avery is. I think Gill gave him a little shove and he went down like he got shot. Thank god they didn't call anything.... lol, now he does the same with Crosby....Cooke finally breaks out of his funk and gets one. Malkin and Talbot get the assists....what was a great period for the Pens turned into crap in the last few minutes (2 goals in 1:26...the last coming at 19:56). 2-2 after the 1st.
...after not getting a point in 9 and without a goal in 15 Fedotenko now has a goal and an assist (hit a streaking talbot) in this game. Scuderi started the play by clearing a puck out of the crease that was heading into the net. 3-2 Pens.Add him to the list of slumping pens with goals in this game. Talbot gets his 1st in 7 while Cooke gets his 1st in 11.
Possible the gayest thing I have ever seen..Malkin is just a goof ball..Miss Larionov made it fun to watchhttp://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d...?urn=nhl,150459
We may have a new contender for this titleThe Penguins Show goes into the kitchen with Evgeni Malkin. Hostess Alyonka and Geno try their hands at some Russian cuisine!To add to the awesomeness Alyonka Larionov (is the daughter of Igor Larionov) who goes to college in the Pittsburgh area and also is a former squeeze of one Alexander Ovechkin.IMG_5554p.jpgl_36e944c12259951c4469ea0cc58b9794.jpg
...after not getting a point in 9 and without a goal in 15 Fedotenko now has a goal and an assist (hit a streaking talbot) in this game. Scuderi started the play by clearing a puck out of the crease that was heading into the net. 3-2 Pens.Add him to the list of slumping pens with goals in this game. Talbot gets his 1st in 7 while Cooke gets his 1st in 11.
...Had he gone pointless in the game I was going to say this might be the best game I've seen a Crosby have without getting a point, but Fedotenko comes through again with an assist hitting a streaking Crosby who hit a gear very few have. 4-3 Pens....Good hard working win for the Pens. They made it a lot harder than needed by going 0 for 10 on the PP. Crosby (#2 star) was awesome but his only point was the GWG. Fedotenko (#1 star) broke out of his funk by getting 1g 2a in only 10:29 of ice time. I know all the PP's skewed ice time a bit but compare him to Crosby (24:38) and Malkin (25:35) and what a game he had.

Crosby was a complete beast in this game. Unreal.Fleury is quickly turning into a big-time clutch goalie. He might not have the best save % or GAA, but man does he ever come up big when it matters. For the 3rd year in a row, he's really turned it on down the stretch, and into the playoffs. Money.

Fleury is quickly turning into a big-time clutch goalie. He might not have the best save % or GAA, but man does he ever come up big when it matters. For the 3rd year in a row, he's really turned it on down the stretch, and into the playoffs. Money.
What a save on Antropov.The Pens jump Carolina into a tie for 4th with Philly. Philly has 3 games in hand on the Pens so at this point it's looking like a Philly 1st round matchup followed closely by a Washington first round match up as most likely results.
Well, good 18 minutes.Avery is flopping all over the place, it's quite lol.Pens looked good, for the most part, though, should be an interesting 2nd and 3rd periods, though. Gonna be a good game.
avery's diving is one of those things they ought to just start calling the sole diving penalty for. maybe they have. the youtube video of him and jagr is pretty awesome.
avery's diving is one of those things they ought to just start calling the sole diving penalty for. maybe they have. the youtube video of him and jagr is pretty awesome.
You can't mention this without posting a link to the video.

Blah.GG Pens. Crosby really was a beast today. Rangers seemed intent on taking every penalty possible, which completely exhausted our defenders and allowed Sydney to skate circles around them. Henrik didn't play an outstanding game.Would have been nice if Antropov got us into overtime in the last minute, though.

The Pens thread does not belong on the 2nd page. The worst part about it was that it was put there by Serge announcing some April Fools day thing that absolutely no one believed.Anyway, I don't know whether or not I like this but Mark Madden officially declared that if the Pens beat the Devils tonight they will have punched their ticket to NHL playoffs. I'm a little more cautious and would like to hold my declarations until they're mathematically assured a playoff spot.

Ok with a 1-0 win with the goal coming Non Crosby.Good luck against Marty..He is hungry after last game.

So... something that really bothers me about the way they call penalties in the NHL.Orpik interferes with Zubrus, for sure a penalty, the thought Zubrus was gonna pick up the pick, instead he just tipped it in, and Orpik hit him late, fine call.Like 10 seconds later, nothing is happening, and Zubrus comes flying out of nowhere and attacks Orpik.IMO, that should even things up. They give Orpik a roughing penalty, in addition to him interference call, for defending himself against a guy who flies in from half the length of the ice, and attacks him. I think that's bullshit. The proper way to do things there, is for Zubrus to take the number, take the power play, and try to get him LEGALLY later in the game. Zubrus should have taken the even-up call there, but the way they seem to call the game is simply retarded.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 5-1.That Sid goal is a clean goal, despite what Chico Resch might think. He just did the kicking motion after the fact to try to keep his balance.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 5-1.That Sid goal is a clean goal, despite what Chico Resch might think. He just did the kicking motion after the fact to try to keep his balance.
sid goal was fine and pittsburgh's favorite commentators steigy and errey had it right lol...seriously so glad geno is getting some strange cause he's a beast right now.......