Pittsburgh Penguins Thread

ya i saw that one..I guess he is a go for tonights "playoff" like game against Florida...
Hope so. I really want to see him alongside Kunitz, and to a lesser extent, Guerin.
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zach6668

• dEv~

• serge

• doox

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brag post time. Lots of people saw pictures of Malkin practicing and Fleury in his new pads but I just saw them in person during a closed practice.     I was down at the arena to get my security

Yes I agree that Crosby kids gotta go. Can I interest you in a phaneuf?

JapersRink ‏@JapersRink · 20m Really looking forward to Dan Bylsma being either an idiot who can't win with Sid or a genius who can win without a bottom-6 after tonight.

Hope so. I really want to see him alongside Kunitz, and to a lesser extent, Guerin.
The problem with deadline deals is it takes a while for these guys to get going...Dont expect instant chemistry. If things work out and the Pens get in the playoffs, they can make some noise..I cant believe i just said that. :club:
The problem with deadline deals is it takes a while for these guys to get going...Dont expect instant chemistry. If things work out and the Pens get in the playoffs, they can make some noise..I cant believe i just said that. :club:
Kunitz has had instant chemistry with Staal and Kennedy, so it's not so much to expect that he'll gel with Sid, but who knows. If not, we've got a good backup plan with Staal and Kunitz. :ts
Kunitz - Crosby - GuerinFedotenko - Malkin - SykoraCooke - Staal - KennedyAdams - Dupuis - TalbotNot bad?
You were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off....You had 1st-3rd exactly right, but 4th line is....Goddard - Talbot - Dupuis.haha
You were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off....You had 1st-3rd exactly right, but 4th line is....Goddard - Talbot - Dupuis.haha
I dunno why I put Dupuis at center, that was a misclick. Adams/Godard split time.

So we are to assume Crosby is playing.... :club: **********The smily is my lame attempt at a joke/level that when Crosby plays they lose. Not to intentionally hurt or belittle my lovely friendly Penguin fans.

Listen, off the bat, I know nothing about the penguins other than they play in Pittsburgh. Well I know more than that but whatever.Can't they find a better LW than Fedotenko to play alongside Malkin?

Listen, off the bat, I know nothing about the penguins other than they play in Pittsburgh. Well I know more than that but whatever.Can't they find a better LW than Fedotenko to play alongside Malkin?
What do you want, 6 Ovechkins in the top 6? This is the cap-era in the NHL.Fedotenko is a fine top 6-winger, anyways.
What do you want, 6 Ovechkins in the top 6? This is the cap-era in the NHL.Fedotenko is a fine top 6-winger, anyways.
Easy there, big fella. There are plenty of teams that have 2nd line wingers better than fedotenko and they all have the same cap as the penguins.
Really, top 6? He has always came across as a 3rd/4th liner to me. Has he ever cracked 40 points in a season? I was just surprised by that is all. Taking a closer look at the lines and the roster I guess he is in the spot he should be in though.
Easy there, big fella. There are plenty of teams that have 2nd line wingers better than fedotenko and they all have the same cap as the penguins.
That maybe true but find me a team with a line 3 center as all around good as Jordan Staal.
Really, top 6? He has always came across as a 3rd/4th liner to me. Has he ever cracked 40 points in a season? I was just surprised by that is all. Taking a closer look at the lines and the roster I guess he is in the spot he should be in though.
He had 41 with Tampa in 05-06.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruslan_Fedotenko
Jocan Hecht??? No :club:
Pominville would have looked really good in a Pens uniform yesterday, all it would have cost Mario is Tangradi and a 2nd. *the above is wild, baseless speculation that I may or may not have completely fabricated*
Daniel Briere is better than Staal.
playing 5 games since October kinda hurts your argument. But ya I didn't think of him.
He's like a complementary player. Stats obviously don't always tell the whole story. The way the Pens are built, they're a team designed around their centres. Ideally, you'd like to see one sniper/goal scorer with Sid or Geno, and a grinder-type player (with hands) on the other side. Think Ryan Malone. Fedotenko isn't going to score at Malone's clip, but he provides the rest. He's decently gritty, works hard in the corners, etc.I agree with you that he's not a top flight winger, and he's bottom end of the a "top 6" winger, but that's the way teams need to be built when you're spending $8.7 million on each of your top two centers, and $4 million on your 3rd line center (although that's a misnomer for Staal because he still gets >20 mins per game).
I don't know where you get off thinking I'm not 'taking it easy'. Reread my post without the preconception that I'm being defensive.===========Most teams don't have to pay 2 of the best 3 or 4 players in the league to be their top two centres, either.