Possibly Knocked A Girl Up

Ok, I expect a few serious responses, but also some not so serious ones. Here's the situation:There is a girl that I work with that may be pregnant by my doing. We had worked together for over a year, and recently started going to lunch together and hanging out outside of work. I knew I should have stayed away from her, because not only did she have a boyfriend, but she also had 3 kids (in her early 20s). That's never a recipe for success, but something about her drew me closer to her. She's very attractive, kind, and laughs at all my stupid jokes. Eventually our just being friends turned into something a little more. We started making out at my house and in empty parking lots. One night we went out to the bar, and as I drove her home, we stopped to make out. It was at this moment she pulled a "Lewinsky" on me...mighty fine night.About a week later, we finally went all the way. Stupid me though, I didn't use a condom, but I did pull out (of course as the subject of this thread may foreshadow, that doesn't always work). So a few days afterwards I find out that she told her boyfriend about us, and that she can't see me anymore. She would tell me stories of how abusive this guy was, but I guess she felt like he deserved another chance. Whatever, she got the fling she was going after. About a week ago, I get a call from her boyfriend telling me she's pregnant, and that she wants to get an abortion. They "know" it's mine, because he always uses condoms. So now they think I should pay half the cost (about $300). With knowing that her and I will never be in a relationship, and with no chance of a friendship due to a jealous boyfriend: Am I at all responsible for any costs of the procedure? Legally?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I expect a few serious responses, but also some not so serious ones. Here's the situation:There is a girl that I work with that may be pregnant by my doing. We had worked together for over a year, and recently started going to lunch together and hanging out outside of work. I knew I should have stayed away from her, because not only did she have a boyfriend, but she also had 3 kids (in her early 20s). That's never a recipe for success, but something about her drew me closer to her. She's very attractive, kind, and laughs at all my stupid jokes. Eventually our just being friends turned into something a little more. We started making out at my house and in empty parking lots. One night we went out to the bar, and as I drove her home, we stopped to make out. It was at this moment she pulled a "Lewinsky" on me...mighty fine night.About a week later, we finally went all the way. Stupid me though, I didn't use a condom, but I did pull out (of course as the subject of this thread may foreshadow, that doesn't always work). So a few days afterwards I find out that she told her boyfriend about us, and that she can't see me anymore. She would tell me stories of how abusive this guy was, but I guess she felt like he deserved another chance. Whatever, she got the fling she was going after. About a week ago, I get a call from her boyfriend telling me she's pregnant, and that she wants to get an abortion. They "know" it's mine, because he always uses condoms. So now they think I should pay half the cost (about $300). With knowing that her and I will never be in a relationship, and with no chance of a friendship due to a jealous boyfriend: Am I at all responsible for any costs of the procedure? Legally?
Dude, this sounds like a hoax to me, man. By the way, what kind of dirtbag boyfriend calls up the guy his girlfriend cheated on him with to hit him up for money to pay for an abortion because it could be his? It's not like condoms are 100% effective either.EDIT- You have no idea how tough it was for me not to make fun of this thread. Like, are you sure this is the best place to go scrounging around for legal advice? The Off-Topic section of a poker forum at midnight on a Friday morning? Google/real people is gonna serve you better, kiddo.

This seems like a pretty absurd problem. $300 is so little that I wouldn't have even wanted to tell you in the first place, just fucking ice the little conehead on the downlow, and not make a big deal out of it. Then, if they feel like it's partly your doing -- dude: it's 300 bucks to avoid all kinds of problems. Unless you think they're playing the long con, in which case you should either demand to watch the abortion, or failing that, give her a $300 gift card to Planned Parenthood (that's what I got my sister for Christmas), just cough up the dough.

Sounds like a scam to me, but 300 bucks and washing your hands of this nutjob is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount it'll cost you if it's not a scam and the kid turns out to be yours. the possibility of both of these being true sounds like a low chance, high cost possibility so you have to ask yourself do you feel like gambling?

Dude, this sounds like a hoax to me, man. By the way, what kind of dirtbag boyfriend calls up the guy his girlfriend cheated on him with to hit him up for money to pay for an abortion because it could be his? It's not like condoms are 100% effective either.EDIT- You have no idea how tough it was for me not to make fun of this thread. Like, are you sure this is the best place to go scrounging around for legal advice? The Off-Topic section of a poker forum at midnight on a Friday morning? Google/real people is gonna serve you better, kiddo.
Oh dude. If anyone was going to make fun of this thread, I would love for it to be you.Thanks for all the responses. I did ask "real people", and they all think I shouldn't pay for it. She's going to get it anyways and pay for it herself.

She has 3 kids already in her early 20's....has a steady bf, but uses condoms, fucks other guys without condoms......has this girl ever heard of the pill??? Or various and assorted other forms of birthcontrol. Jesus. Sounds like a scam to me.

Oh dude. If anyone was going to make fun of this thread, I would love for it to be you.Thanks for all the responses. I did ask "real people", and they all think I shouldn't pay for it. She's going to get it anyways and pay for it herself.
Talk to her, and try to be there for the harvest. Just in case this is a con.
I'm either internet famous, or being mocked. I vote the latter.
SuperJon,You are NOT the baby's father.
Okay, this is my early nominee for Post of the Day. (It's 1221 AM here in the Eastern Time Zone) I hate joke accounts, but I like this one. I are serious cat.
Oh no my friend, tis the former. You, Dutch, and Ron have the posts I enjoy reading the most.
Well thanks, pal. My blog entries are more of the same! Drop by and leave a comment from time to time, spur me on in my quest to blog more in the New Year.

It's BS. There are so many things wrong with that scenario that it's insane. If they bug you again tell them to provide better than circumstantial proof it's yours. She might have been getting it slipped in her pooper by 15 other guys, not your problem unless she proves its yours.

It's always a frightening moment in a man's life the first time he realizes he may have knocked up a girl. Right now you may be feeling scared, confused, and even a little depressed - but you shouldn't. This a momentous occasion for you. Knocking up your first girl is a Rite of Passage for a man. It's that second step into manhood we all take at some point.Be strong, young grasshopper. Today, you are a man.---That said, sounds like you're getting scammed. On the other hand, if you can get away from this with only $300 instead of 18 years of child support payments - you should jump at the opportunity like your shoes were on fucking fire, my friend.Tell them you are happy to pay for half the procedure as long as you can come along with them to the clinic. If it's not a scam, they'll have no problem with it. If it is, the excuses and arguments will start flying - and you will have saved yourself $300 in addition to knowing there's no baby.Oh, and next time? Cum in her mouth you dork.

**** paying $300, goto target and get one of these and mail it to them.h12.gif
That would be genius if you had the balls. I'd do it, but I think there's the thing: if you're the type of person who would, no one would sleep with you.Oh, if you send it to her, include a note that says "I'll cover parts, you cover labor."
She has 3 kids already in her early 20's....has a steady bf, but uses condoms, fucks other guys without condoms......has this girl ever heard of the pill??? Or various and assorted other forms of birthcontrol. Jesus. Sounds like a scam to me.
You might not be the only one she's done this to. I know that sounds jaded. Sorry, but once you said the bf called, it sounded fishy.You've gotten yourself into quite a little mess here. I wouldn't pay, if I were you. If she's not lying about being with child, you've got to consider what you've done and whether or not you really want to pay to help end something that you created. If she is lying, well, no reason to give her money. If she's really pregnant, you can't know if she really intends to have the operation. If she doesn't, she needs to go through the proper channels to make you financially responsible. I know this is gonna sound funny coming from a girl, but I think if a girl finds herself pregnant and single and chooses not to go through with the birth, she needs to finance it on her own. I know that sounds crazy, but really, she's the pregnant one. She had the option of using birth control, or abstaining from doing you in the first place.Now lets get to the bigger situation here:If she is telling the truth, you sir have created life. It's a big damn deal. Your need to get laid has just changed your life in a way you won't be able to fully comprehend just yet. I know we have all made errors in judgement when it comes to sex and choice of partners and contraception, but yours has resulted in something big. Just ponder this for a while.
Okay, this is my early nominee for Post of the Day. (It's 1221 AM here in the Eastern Time Zone) I hate joke accounts, but I like this one. I are serious cat.
It really was a quality alter. OP, if there really is a baby to be had, demand a paternity test before signing anything. You may have to pay for that. It will be worth the money whatever the result.
I know we have all made errors in judgement when it comes to sex and choice of partners and contraception, but yours has resulted in something big.
Sometimes I realize my error in judgement during the act itself. I look down at a different girl than I came home with, and instead of screaming in terror or getting all worked up about it, I just finish quicker.It's the right thing to do. I'm a gentleman.
Sometimes I realize my error in judgement during the act itself. I look down at a different girl than I came home with, and instead of screaming in terror or getting all worked up about it, I just finish quicker.It's the right thing to do. I'm a gentleman.
:club: .This one gets my vote for POTD.