A Cool Television Idea

When I first started watching poker, I watched to learn. Now there's not much to learn considering all they show is big hands normally. But I understand the entertainment value. I think a good idea would be not to show the players hole cards that are in the hand until after the hand is over. And then show it. That way you can try to guess their hand and see if you were right.

When I first started watching poker, I watched to learn. Now there's not much to learn considering all they show is big hands normally. But I understand the entertainment value. I think a good idea would be not to show the players hole cards that are in the hand until after the hand is over. And then show it. That way you can try to guess their hand and see if you were right.
No

I like what they do on CPS sometimes which is show one player's cards before the hand and let the commentator talk about how to play the hand give the action you're facing. Ultimately though watching poker on TV will teach you very little if anything once you're past the 3 of a kind beats 2 pair stage.

So basically, you want a slightly less shitty version of poker pre-hole cards.Stupid idea.Next time you have an idea, would you mind keeping it to yourself?Start a blog or something. kthx.

OK, I would like to add a less negative response to this. I think this would make a great idea for an educational DVD, or series of DVDs. Have the pros play out the hands without showing the cards, then replay the hand with the hands showing and the pros commenting on the play. You could show the folded hands ("94 offsuited, junk, tossed it") along with any discussion of strategies, tells, history, etc that went into the decisions of the people who played the hand.As for good television, probably not until we get "The Poker Network". If they can have a golf channel, they can have a poker channel.

So basically, you want a slightly less shitty version of poker pre-hole cards.Stupid idea.Next time you have an idea, would you mind keeping it to yourself?Start a blog or something. kthx.
Do have like a red phone that goes off everytime I post so you can make an immature very unwitty response? I think I'm going to ignore you from now on. The funny thing is, I know you cant ignore me.
OK, I would like to add a less negative response to this. I think this would make a great idea for an educational DVD, or series of DVDs. Have the pros play out the hands without showing the cards, then replay the hand with the hands showing and the pros commenting on the play. You could show the folded hands ("94 offsuited, junk, tossed it") along with any discussion of strategies, tells, history, etc that went into the decisions of the people who played the hand.As for good television, probably not until we get "The Poker Network". If they can have a golf channel, they can have a poker channel.
When I worked for Cardplayer I suggested something like this. Have one of us watch a pro and after the hand was over he/she would tell us the hand he had. I would write down everything he did preflop. I would stand far enough away so the table would not be bothered. I think that DVD is a good idea though. I think an online pro offers what you suggest.
You and top dollar can go into this business together. He doesnt like to see the cards either
The difference is that top dollar doesn't NEED to see his opponents cards.
You and top dollar can go into this business together. He doesnt like to see the cards either
I want to see the cards, just after the hand is over.
When I worked for Cardplayer I suggested something like this. Have one of us watch a pro and after the hand was over he/she would tell us the hand he had. I would write down everything he did preflop. I would stand far enough away so the table would not be bothered. I think that DVD is a good idea though. I think an online pro offers what you suggest.
I find it funny that in a lot of your posts you mention wou worked for Cardplayer... yet all your ideas are horrible.
I find it funny that in a lot of your posts you mention wou worked for Cardplayer... yet all your ideas are horrible.
notice that he says "worked."I think his posts explains why work is in a past tense.
This could work. But as far as no hole cards on TV? No thanks. If it was like that, only serious players would watch it. I prefer Joe Blow to watch the WSOP and wanna play like (insert Pro name here) and then come play online. That way after he watches a pro firing bullets on TV, he does the same thing to me online. Sure, he'll luck up and bad beat me occasionally, but over time he's gonna donk his deposit to me.If somebody wants to watch poker without seeing the hole cards, just rail the pros online. (And be quiet in the chatbox)

i remember andrew black didn't show his cards during the final table of the main event in '05 and lon and norm were guessing his cards, but at the end we didn't see what black had and it was frustrating. I don't think this is a good idea for TV but they should have something on the internet for the WPT or WSOP where they have clips of hands and you need to guess the cards

I would consider buying the WPT DVDs if they had an alternate angle&audio with no holecards. It would add a lot to the DVDs and wouldn't cost that much to add I'd suspect.

Don't wanna see hole cards? Watch WSOP coverage from around 95 and prior (maybe 99?), they are on ESPN all the time. Boring as hell.I think the OP is forgetting the REASON that poker is so big... NO OTHER "invention" has caused it except for HOLE CARD CAMS. Without them, watching poker is BOOOORING. Without them, we wouldn't be where we are now.So, stupid idea... already been done, didn't work.NOW... if there was just a way to have the OPTION... sort of like Closed Captioning or something.... so you can see 1 or several people's cards. That would be pretty cool.

The next time that you have a thought, let it go...
Next time you have an idea, would you mind keeping it to yourself?
The next time that you have a thought, let it go...
I'm just saying...Wait a minute, I see what's going on here. Jeepster is Dane's joke account!(apologies to Jeepster)
I'm just saying...Wait a minute, I see what's going on here. Jeepster is Dane's joke account!(apologies to Jeepster)
That's a lot of self-flaming. I don't know if it could be pulled off without seriously contemplating suicide.That, and I can...nevermind. Not going to go there.