Poker Players With The Least Personality

I agree, Ivey might be talented but he is really boring.
i agree and disagree. ivey may not talk much at the table and there is no doubt that he has talent and i think this does not make him boring. i think his table 'personality' is fascinating
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont say these people have no personality, I'll just say they hide it when they're at the table. Phil Ivey and Allen Cunningham. John Juanda doesn't say much either.As a matter of fact, theres this one guy at the WSOP who wanted his shirt autographed. He gave it to me to ask the other players (I worked for Cardplayer).Robert Williamson III (one of the nicest guy in poker) gladly signed it. He handed it to Evelyn Ng (very cool as well) and she handed it to another pro who I forget now. But when they handed it to Juanda he said no. They tried goating him into signing the guys shirt but he wouldn't. I'm not saying Juanda is a jerk or anything. He was very focused and didn't want to be bothered. Though I still think he should have signed it.

I wont say these people have no personality, I'll just say they hide it when they're at the table. Phil Ivey and Allen Cunningham. John Juanda doesn't say much either.As a matter of fact, theres this one guy at the WSOP who wanted his shirt autographed. He gave it to me to ask the other players (I worked for Cardplayer).Robert Williamson III (one of the nicest guy in poker) gladly signed it. He handed it to Evelyn Ng (very cool as well) and she handed it to another pro who I forget now. But when they handed it to Juanda he said no. They tried goating him into signing the guys shirt but he wouldn't. I'm not saying Juanda is a jerk or anything. He was very focused and didn't want to be bothered. Though I still think he should have signed it.
I think I know why you don't work for Cardplayer anymore.
JOn Juanda is a smart guy but not a good ambassador of the game. he actually he hurts the game with his demeanor.
I can almost guarantee that you have no idea what you are talking about.
JOn Juanda is a smart guy but not a good ambassador of the game. he actually he hurts the game with his demeanor.
I was at the Bellagio a couple years ago and Junada was playing in the WPT Five Diamond Tournament. During the end one of the short 15 minute breaks, Juanda was getting back to his seat and a couple came up to him and wanted a picture taken with him. They asked me if I could take it and I said sure but it's up to Mr. Juanda. He said sure. I took the picture, but the flash didn't go off. The new level was starting and Juanda was about to go back and the couple pleaded with him if they could take the picture over again. Knowing the level just started, John took his time so I could take another picture of the three of them. His was real nice about it too.
I think I know why you don't work for Cardplayer anymore.
Actually I know why I don't work for Cardplayer anymore but I'd love to hear your theory.
Actually I know why I don't work for Cardplayer anymore but I'd love to hear your theory.
Hmm does your name rhyme with Smameson?Just guessing based on the location. If you interned for CP last summer then you probably know who this is. If you weren't an intern then you might not.edit: nevermind just looked at your profile, you're not Jameson. But if you do you know me, PM me.
But if you do you know me, PM me.
Is this the same reason you think he does not work for CP anymore? You both can't make a coherent sentence?
Somehow, I think you're missing the point.
Thanks idiot. Do i have to beat you over the head with the SW bat?moron. you missed the point. big time.
Thanks idiot. Do i have to beat you over the head with the SW bat?moron. you missed the point. big time.
Is it in any way possible that we may be getting tangled in the upper levels of sarcasm?In case we aren't, I shall explain. This is a thread for nominating the poker player who appears to have the least personality. You mentioned Phil Hellmuth, one of the most outspoken poker players to have appeared on tv in the past few years. He is fairly well known to be one of the game's best known personalities. The chioce of such a person in such a thread is a classic case of irony (well done - very amusing). For someone to suggest a player like Phil Hellmuth in the mistaken belief that either the thread was asking for the poker player with the most personality or that Mr Hellmuth (within the set of poker players) does indeed have the least personality, would suggest a severe misjudgement or some form of mental problem.Now, either I was suggesting that you have the mental capacity to use a computer and navigate an internet forum but you lack the intelligence to respond to a simple thread with a sane response, or I was making an attempt at further humour on a plane evidently slightly higher than you initially chose to comprehend.Your choice.
Is it in any way possible that we may be getting tangled in the upper levels of sarcasm?In case we aren't, I shall explain. This is a thread for nominating the poker player who appears to have the least personality. You mentioned Phil Hellmuth, one of the most outspoken poker players to have appeared on tv in the past few years. He is fairly well known to be one of the game's best known personalities. The chioce of such a person in such a thread is a classic case of irony (well done - very amusing). For someone to suggest a player like Phil Hellmuth in the mistaken belief that either the thread was asking for the poker player with the most personality or that Mr Hellmuth (within the set of poker players) does indeed have the least personality, would suggest a severe misjudgement or some form of mental problem.Now, either I was suggesting that you have the mental capacity to use a computer and navigate an internet forum but you lack the intelligence to respond to a simple thread with a sane response, or I was making an attempt at further humour on a plane evidently slightly higher than you initially chose to comprehend.Your choice.
OK, I dont want to get into a flame war...but to be honest, this thread is about the least personality. Lets look at Negreanu. He can be nice, funny, helpful, cocky, mean, and sour.Lets look at Alan Cunnigham. He can be nice, quiet...that's it.Now lets look at Hellmuth: Insanely Boring! So Negreanu has six, Cunningham has two but Hellmuth only has 1 personality. So science proves Hellmuth has the least personailty in poker Claps coming for me.
maybe he just doesn't like signing things. I know a lot of celebs and such don't want people selling their signature and profitting, and a t-shirt full of autographs is the kind of thing that could end up on E-Bay real fast. I don't think it says anything about his personality.

I think Cunningham, Ivey and Juanda, although extremely reserved and quiet, are extremely entertaining to watch. Their intense focus is something I admire and I enjoy watching them work.