Steve7stud First Graduating Class

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to say one thing. I'm starting to get e-mails about coaching new students. I still might take on some more people. But......I am incredibly impressed with people like BK Ice, PM Jackson, PrtyPSux, Hoosier Alum, Chucksty, Msals, etc. Please forgive me if I left your name off the list, I don't know all of the great tourney players on this site. However, I do know that we have a TON of them. And if you are looking to win online tourneys, I think these individuals would be better coaches for that.My greatest strength is teaching people how to be well rounded poker players. But these guys seem to dominate online tourneys. My hat is off to them, and to my own students who have done well in that arena. And again, there are different coaches for different ambitions.

ok, i think i fixed my computer issues (by switching to my other computer, lol).i assume some of you would like some sort of before/after training story, so here goes mine:some of you might know that i used to play much higher than i do now. that's because i basically went from being an overrolled 25/50 LHE player to a 700 dollar bankroll from january to may of this year. i then started training with steve. although i'm not quite back to where i wanted/want to be, i have fixed a lot of what i now know to be horribly bad habits--most of which aren't related directly to how i make decisions while i'm at the table, but rather in terms of preparation, focus, etc.--and can actually play some worthwhile games again. fixing those mental leaks i owe entirely to steve's training.i've also changed a lot with regard to how i spend my poker playing time: a LOT fewer tournaments, a lot MORE time spent at the games in which i have the biggest edge. that probably sounds obvious, but i'm sure that most of us (us being poker players in general) spend more money than we could ever realize playing games that aren't especially profitable for us. there's also no way to describe how great it is to have a group supporting you at every step along the way. bad days don't turn into bad months nearly as often when you have people around you helping to make sure you stay on top of your game at every difficult step along the way. i wouldn't doubt that a lot of the talented tourney players here that talk all the time know what i'm talking about here.steve also helped set me up with students of my own and has helped greatly with my growth as a poker teacher, not so much in terms of direct advice but rather as being a great model of what a teacher should be, at least IMHO.i also got to meet a lot of people that i now consider great friends and extremely talented poker players. long term, this may be the best part of training in my book.so yeah, nothing but great things to say about everyone i've met and everything i've learned in the past six months. if steve should decide to take on another class of students, i highly recommend that everyone who feels interested in any kind of poker training apply. while you might not get the explicitly technical training that you'd be expecting from a poker coach, you will become an infinitely better player over the course of the program.so thanks, steve!

I feel that I should add a little insight into what Steve has done for me as well, however, I am currently in every PCA sat and supersat I can find, and will elaborate as soon as I get this goddam seat.

ill help kick it off.before I met steve i played lhe cash almost exclusively. Before training i was taking shots at 60/120 lhe and had been beating 30/60 and lower for a good amount of change. I went into training hoping to make my lhe game good enough to start playing limits like 200/400. Fortunately, I went a different rout and decided to learn how to play every game well. Like steve said, i wanted be a well rounded player. Now i play 2-7 and lhe on a really close skill level. lo8 and stud I can hold my own as well...playing 20/40 live atm for both games. So instead of going just toward lhe ive really gone toward mix games because my ultimate goal is to play in the big game...steve has really helped prepare me for the road ahead. Completely changed my outlook on the game and how its really played.As for the group, we break games! With a group of really cool guys to talk with it makes learning/playing more fun. Not to mention these guys are good.

I still suck now :D
But I'm getting better :club: I feel like the biggest thing holding me back is how bad I am about taking shots/playing when I shouldn't/just generally being a tard. If it hadn't been for Steve and this group I really doubt it's something I would have paid attention to, but now it's something that I'm really working on.Holla for the road to recovery :icon_dance:Thanks guys

Wow, it sounds like a great experience for all of you. I am happy for all of your success. Steve, this is really cool that you mentor, coach and teach. There are too few like you in this world.

Wow, it sounds like a great experience for all of you. I am happy for all of your success. Steve, this is really cool that you mentor, coach and teach. There are too few like you in this world.
thank god, otherwise I would be more broke than I am now :club:
AAsnake, 2 things:1st: I love your sig, I can't stop watching it2nd: did you smell bad when you won that tourney? the girl looks like she's putting on a huge fake smile.
you can't see whats going on behind the check, thats all I am going to say.... :club:
AAsnake, 2 things:1st: I love your sig, I can't stop watching it2nd: did you smell bad when you won that tourney? the girl looks like she's putting on a huge fake smile.
I don't think I smelled. :club: I think her face was tired, she stood alongside the final table with that smile cemented to her face for like 3 or 4 hours.
I don't think I smelled. :club: I think her face was tired, she stood alongside the final table with that smile cemented to her face for like 3 or 4 hours.
Please say you banged her on top of that check later that day.
She didn't like the idea of having a picture taken while AA was wearing that hat.kudo's to Steve for being so active at helping a team of players improve their game.

I know that teaching is a lot of work that goes along with the joy, so instead of bugging you for the next round, I was wondering, Steve, if you could just create a post on what you feel is your poker mentality i.e. how you prepare for a game, how you gauge what/if you should play, and when you feel that it is time to call quits. I think that would the biggest help to the most people here and might save you some time.Nicely done, AAsnake.