Folding Kk Omg?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I was really enjoying this thread for about 3.5 pages.

OMG, dumbest thing ever. Of course he should be playing poker!! :club: Mark
hehehhe
Heh if Serb flat calls, he actually probably would be facing two all ins in front of him and would have a bit of a decision.
? A tough decision for Serb with AA facing two all ins ? Or am I reading this wrong?I managed to lay down QQ in a similar spot once. It's nearly impossible - soooooo aggravating! There's a big difference between QQ and KK of course, but there's a big difference between the players in question here and me too, which makes it relevant...
Wow I was really enjoying this thread for about 3.5 pages. hehehhe? A tough decision for Serb with AA facing two all ins ? Or am I reading this wrong?
I'm pretty sure he was talking about if Serb smooth called pre-flop and he'd be facing 2 allins on the flop, which is a bit tougher, as at least 1 of them very possibly has AA beat then.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about if Serb smooth called pre-flop and he'd be facing 2 allins on the flop, which is a bit tougher, as at least 1 of them very possibly has AA beat then.
Thanks, that makes a bunch more sense.
Exactly.I mean, if the flop comes QdJdTd and Serb doesn't have a diamond, and both players push in front of him, it wouldn't be a bad fold at all given their range of hands.
Great discussion until some of the morning group get a hold of it.PM mentioned that a better play for Serb may have been to just call rather than defining his hand with the re-re-raise. If he just makes the call then how do you proceed OOP postflop on a low board with no draws? C/F?
Serb is cutoff, Loosh is SB, Below is BB. He has position on them. I agree with PMJ, I like a flat call of Loosh's reraise by Serb better. Playing a huge hand in position against 2 aggressive opponents here, is the optimal play IMO.
If he just calls, then I don't think there is any way Loosh or Below don't go broke besides an ace flopping. Maybe if the board is very coordinated, but most likely:Flop XXXLooshle - all in, or a bet that obv commits himBelow - call all in or reshoveSerb - trap sprung, I hope they didn't flop a set, callHeh if Serb flat calls, he actually probably would be facing two all ins in front of him and would have a bit of a decision.
Smart man here.
I still can't help thinking that the only genuine reason there is so much support for folding kk here is that obviously it was an issue or else looshle wouldn't post it. When the analysis was made he obviously either folded kings preflop or ran in AA. Therefore the better players here who know the players tendencies can immediately spot the monster in the closet. It's typical analysis knowing the results.I never felt that a "play" was probable but even a 5-10% chance of one increases push equity. Early on in the discussion it was said he had to have a AA or 64. When the results come out it is obviously serb who has AA. But we knew someone had AA to begin with otherwise there is no post unless he folded and was shown JJ or something.As far as the play itself, I never advocated it, nor would be one to try anything like this in this spot. I was operating on the level that these fancy players that always win might try something I wouldn't. The arguments that his hand showed the ultimate strength seemed to enforce the POSSIBILITY or him doing something strange here. The thing that I believe is overlooked is that this is all essentially blind play. Had looshle been in the big blind, below limping under the gun, and serb playing from late position I agree 100% with your analysis. But in late position and the blinds serb/looshle could have such a wide variety of hands that I still don't see how it's impossible for below to have anything but AA...which he didn't. The idea that playing for a 12k seat makes everyone play ABC is another issue I don't quite buy into since it's a simple $175 outlay. For someone like serb who apparently has no issues buying into a 10k event out of pocket and judging from his db is a part time player online widens his range to "gamble" a little.If we are looking at results a double up among the top players results in winning as evidenced by serb. Adding that to my belief that at the time AA was probable but not guaranteed a push and pray is still a viable policy since your only option is to play to win with relatively little outlay.I would like to thank everyone that argued with me for keeping civil and trying to prove their points. I feel that we are at a stalemate and just repeating ourselves, so I too am done with this discussion.
There isn't a stalemate. And it to state that we are all being results oriented rubs me the wrong way. Go back and look at the posts. A few of us had come to the fold conclusion way before Loosh posted the results. To come back and say that we obviously knew because it was posted is very ummm......passive aggressive? Maybe, just maybe, just maybe, we have seen enough hands at the highest levels to possibly have a different outlook to put all the pieces together eventually. We all agreed on the spot, tough, tough, tough laydown for Loosh but once you break it down we can now see it is easier to lay it down.
Why even debate this, go all in. IF you face AA, you face AA. There is nothing you can do.Good chance he has AK suited or KK.IF you are not willing to go broke with KK preflop, pack up shop and play fish!!
Not a chance in hell a good player is 4 betting AK here.

While it's disturbing that a few of the posters take for granted the sort of knowledge we gain from guys like PMJ, Looshle, etc. in these threads - it's to be expected in General. ;)I just wanted to say that this is a pretty awesome thread with some great insight.

While it's disturbing that a few of the posters take for granted the sort of knowledge we gain from guys like PMJ, Looshle, etc. in these threads - it's to be expected in General. ;)I just wanted to say that this is a pretty awesome thread with some great insight.
What he said...Lew
LOL.What exactly is this supposed to prove? How to be results orientated?The player on the button in DN's situation was a novice. while no player in Looshle's hand could be considered such. The pre-flop action goes down completely different...Looshle was facing two opponents showing immense strength, not just one...If anything, the article backs up pretty much everything we've said in the thread. Key paragraph:"Of course, that's just not how poker works, though, and if you never make the wrong laydown from time to time, well, you just aren't trying very hard to play well."
"Of course, that's just not how poker works, though, and if you never make the wrong laydown from time to time, well, you just aren't trying very hard to play well."
QFT!

guess im a little late on this but yes it is nenad mediic but however erly on in tourneys he is real fishy and he is a really aggresive player so i really beleive u shld had called but aa is never uncommon so good fold safe play