I Can't Win On Pokerstars

ok.I just reviewed recent STT's this weekend.,overall, I probably suckfew bad 3 outters.I do notice Stars players are tighter and "respect" big stacks more.So, trying to steal some pots and play with a larger stack might help.or not sucking.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used to play turbo sit-n-go's over at bodog, but i stopped when i noticed whenever i got it aipf with Ax vs someone else's Kx, I would never flop an ace, but they would get their king everytime!

i used to play turbo sit-n-go's over at bodog, but i stopped when i noticed whenever i got it aipf with Ax vs someone else's Kx, I would never flop an ace, but they would get their king everytime!
OMFGWTFBBQ BAD BEEEEAATTTT youre like 2015-1 there!!!!11111one!1
ok.I just reviewed recent STT's this weekend.,overall, I probably suckfew bad 3 outters.I do notice Stars players are tighter and "respect" big stacks more.So, trying to steal some pots and play with a larger stack might help.or not sucking.
This may be a good point. I found Stars SnGs to be much tighter/harder to beat than Party SnGs. I might suggest either Turbos on Stars or FullTilt, or maybe Bodog if you're looking for soft games.
OMFGWTFBBQ BAD BEEEEAATTTT youre like 2015-1 there!!!!11111one!1
hey everybody! this guy beat some dude who FT'd the sunday mil tonight HU last week and he wants everybody to know about it!!!!!! he's only mentioned it 20 times!!!!!!
I'd just like to mention one factor that no one has considered yet.Maybe all the other sites are rigged to give FEWER bad beats, and stars just gives the correct number?!In all seriousness, though, why don't you set your mind at ease by going through your hand histories for your last 100 or so all-in confrontations and calculating your expected EV vs. your actual no. of wins. This sample size is obviously not big enough to prove anything definitively, but if there really is something fishy going on, it should show some unusual results.Also, would someone like to explain to me how it would be profitable to the poker sites to rig their software to give a higher number of bad beats? And even if it did provide them with a greater profit, would it really be advantageous from the risk vs. reward point of view? I highly doubt it.
I'm not sure that what happens could be totally classed as 'bad beats'. I actually like to call them 'action hands' where you will get 3 to the flop and there will be a little something for everyone. One guy will flop trips, another 2 pair and the other top pair top kicker. Then the betting starts and in the aftermath there is one left standing. What do the other two guys do? Well, they go and start up another SNG and shell out another couple bucks to Poker Starts.I know this type of thing happens in poker. It's just that it seem to happen a lot on Poker Stars compared to other sites I have played on.
I'm not sure that what happens could be totally classed as 'bad beats'. I actually like to call them 'action hands' where you will get 3 to the flop and there will be a little something for everyone. One guy will flop trips, another 2 pair and the other top pair top kicker. Then the betting starts and in the aftermath there is one left standing. What do the other two guys do? Well, they go and start up another SNG and shell out another couple bucks to Poker Starts.I know this type of thing happens in poker. It's just that it seem to happen a lot on Poker Stars compared to other sites I have played on.
Okay, I've heard this argument before, but I don't buy it. If you're talking about cash games, the rake is going to be maxed out well before everyone gets all in, so it would actually be disadvantageous for the site if the software were rigged to make a few people go bust instead of continuing to sit at the table and pay rake.For tournaments your argument MIGHT make sense, but I would generally think that the number of SNGs people play is based on their bankroll rather than the time they have to spare. For example, a guy with a $110 br may decide to play 10 SNGs. It doesn't matter if he busts out quickly or slowly, Pokerstars will make the same profit off him, either a bit more quickly or a bit more slowly. I don't see why the site would risk their reputation to get their $10 a few hours earlier.
if you play good
I learned from some of the best.Man... In all seriousness, it would prolly be my dream to come down there, seeing as how I actually got kicked out of my house and all, but like, I think I need to finish up my schooling.. lol.I do plan on coming down in the summer, if all goes well BR-wise. Also, I get the feeling that if I actually do go down, even if it's for a week, I may never come back, lol. So at that point, I'll look you guys up.
Actuary, from what I have seen, the sng/mtt players on Stars are better than those at the other sites. That being said, you're a good player, you just need to ride out the downswing. Gl man.
QFTI was in the same position a few months ago, losing every 2 outer possible and did nothing but whine about it too. In fact, it was worse, i lost every ****ing hand possible there was to play, no matter what position I was in, favorite or underdog. It was sick to say the least.A few months later after taking a break, reviewing my play, plugging some big leaks, and getting my head straight, I now do pretty good on stars. Granted I do run better now than back then, but I also play way better than I did at that time. I have come to accept and welcome the bad beats. there going to happen to the best of us time and time again. they are inevitable, just take the good with the bad and do what you have to do to get through this down swing.I suggest doing the same I did, and possibly taking a long break from stars. join up on fulltilt or UB or wherever. just get off of stars for the time being.
for real, you're good player. Know that and man up.
I knew that you couldn't avoid the crack that is FCP.How'd u do in LA?

What's up with "RiverStars", man? That site has bitten me in the *** as well, especially in SNG's. The sick part is I have bubbled like 5 out of 7 SNGs, and all of them I have gone out at least a 65% favorite, with the villian's gin card coming on the river 4 out of 5 times. Hell, I was watching my friend Tom play a $4.40 180 SNG the other day and watched as he (chip leader) raised with QQ, 4th in chips called, a shortstack pushed all-in, Tom jammed, and the big stack called with AJo. We ALL knew that the AJ would ship the Ace on the flop, and sure enough.....Actuary, you're getting the money in good. Keep your head up, dude!

My latest, in a loooooong series of suckouts...In a Turbo rebuy for $175 W$, I have about 9K, get AA in LP. I'm begging people (in my head) to at least call, but I know that if anyone has any sense they'll go all in. Thankfully, one guy does and I instacall (he has me covered). Buddy turns up 22 and I'm smiling. Flop comes KK3 (yeah, I know). He's already down to a 2 outer. Turn is an 8 and I'm thinking "Anything but a two!". Sure enough the fcking 2 (2%?) comes on the river to fck me again.Fck you Stars. Oh, another one...I have KT in MP, decide to play so I raise it up, get one caller, flop comes K78. I go all in to weed out his draw. Buddy calls without thinking too long. Turns up K2. Fcking retard calls me with top pair WORST kicker and hits his 2 on the river.Fck you again Stars.Both of these happened yesteday, so I'm still plenty bitter.