Anyone Else Have Their Full Tilt Chat Cut Off For Insulting A Pro?

I think how everyone calls Phil Ivey the next "Tiger Woods" is kind of silly, and something that is attributed to him "because he's black". DN, Antonius, Lindgren, Eric Molina, etc etc etc are all great young players who can and probably will dominate poker in the years to come, the way Tiger has dominated golf, but nobody calls them the next Tiger Woods of poker. In this sense I can see how he can be considered overated because he's black.
Tiger Woods is black?
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And whenever Charles Barkley or Shannon Sharp refer to that white person... that certainly can not be construed as a racist remark... because their black... is that your assumption?
If they say Larry Bird is overrated because he's white(cough Isiah, Rodman) then yes that is absolutely racist. Why wouldn't it be?
I guessing you don't know him personally. But I bet Phil has a lot more personality away from the card table. I think during poker he is very focused and doesn't talk much. Which definitely can't hurt him, because some players that talk to much give away information. Plus if you are busy talking it is harder to pick up on other peoples' tells
I like this post
You obviously know nothing about poker.And Ivey won 5 bracelets by the age of 30. Negreanu won three, Lindgren none.See why people think Ivey is that goodnot to mention he was in the top 25 at the main event in 3 outta 4 years
So you make opinions on how good a poker player is by how many WSOP bracelets they have? Is the WSOP where all your poker knowledge comes from?
theres the quote crimethink. What makes you think he's referring to how the media portrays Ivey? Where he says "I', thinking he's overated(sp) because he's black"?I means media to you?If I say I think you're a moron, is that me saying it or CBS?
no he didn't, he made an observation about what he, Devorzon, thinks.
He said "Phil Ivey is overrated because he's black." Who's doing the overrating here? Not him, obviously. Clearly he must be referring to some other entity. Like the media, for example. So what he's saying, to summarize, when he says "Phil Ivey is overrated because he's black," is that other people portray Ivey as being better than he is because he's black. That would make them the racists, not Devorzon.
I think we'd all agree that Ivey is great. The point is, is he rated higher by some because he is black? When a person is a minority in any area, are their abilties over exaggerated because they are the minority?I.E. - using the phrase "He is well spoken" when referring to an african american athlete. I hear this all the time and find it ridiculous. A person is held in high regard because they speak properly, I.E. Donovan McNabb. And isn't it racist to hold someone in higher regard because of their race?This is Beautiful. Catch my drift now cardwarfare when I talk about the tide.
yes, these are also racist comments.
yes, these are also racist comments.
Saying that Ivey is overated because he is black, could merely be stating that Ivey is rated higher by some people, or his accomplishments are held in higher regard than what they normally might be, because he is black. Seems like a rational thought to me.
He said "Phil Ivey is overrated because he's black." Who's doing the overrating here? Not him, obviously. Clearly he must be referring to some other entity. Like the media, for example. So what he's saying, to summarize, when he says "Phil Ivey is overrated because he's black," is that other people portray Ivey as being better than he is because he's black. That would make them the racists, not Devorzon.
How can Ivey be portrayed as better than he is, when players, not the media, always list him as the top handful of players if not the best player?How does the media portray his results? They make them up because he's black? Because we all now the mainstream media would definitely go out of their way to make a poker player look better than he is because he's black?That doesn't sound silly?Do the players watch TV like you think Devorzon does and say, oh the host says Iveys the best, I guess I'll say it too because he's black.That's absurd.
How can Ivey be portrayed as better than he is, when players, not the media, always list him as the top handful of players if not the best player?How does the media portray his results? They make them up because he's black? Because we all now the mainstream media would definitely go out of their way to make a poker player look better than he is because he's black?That doesn't sound silly?Do the players watch TV like you think Devorzon does and say, oh the host says Iveys the best, I guess I'll say it too because he's black.That's absurd.
I'm not saying that Devorzon's observation was smart, just that it wasn't racist.
Saying that Ivey is overated because he is black, could merely be stating that Ivey is rated higher by some people, or his accomplishments are held in higher regard than what they normally might be, because he is black. Seems like a rational thought to me.
Of course it seems rational to you, because you agree with it. You guys are really seeing people in the media talking about Phil Ivey all the time, embellishing his accomplishments?Where does this happen?
Of course it seems rational to you, because you agree with it. You guys are really seeing people in the media talking about Phil Ivey all the time, embellishing his accomplishments?Where does this happen?
Every 10 thousand times he's called the tiger woods of poker perhaps?
the media didn't portray it, Devorzon said it.Unless Devorzon is the media....Is that you Rush Limbaugh?
Rush Limbaugh was correct in what he said... My only disagreement with what Rush said "I believed that McNabb was in the top three best Quarterbacks in the league at the time, Rush's statement is still true today. However for the next 10 to 15 years this topic will not be revisited mainly because "Manning, Brady" are the best Quarterbacks and will be for longtime to come.I can also state for the record your assumption is incorrect regarding this post, it is in no way a racist it is a general statement based on personal observation;
I think we'd all agree that Ivey is great. The point is, is he rated higher by some because he is black? When a person is a minority in any area, are their abilties over exaggerated because they are the minority?I.E. - using the phrase "He is well spoken" when referring to an african american athlete. I hear this all the time and find it ridiculous. A person is held in high regard because they speak properly, I.E. Donovan McNabb. And isn't it racist to hold someone in higher regard because of their race?This is Beautiful. Catch my drift now cardwarfare when I talk about the tide.yes, these are also racist comments.

I'm the OP, my posting privelages got banned because of the "because he's black" remark. Not a good week for me. I had to start this new nick to explaing what I meant. I was gonna stay incognito, but what the hell, ban this one too, make it a banner week. What I meant was what I posted above-- the tiger woods comparison. Tiger is by far the most dominating player on the golf scene and probably will go down in history as the best. Phil is constantly being called the "next Tiger Woods" on tv and in the magazines. And it's only because he's black. What about all the other great young players like Eric Molina who don't get this kind of recongnition because their white? Being called the next Tiger Woods to me is one of the greatest things you can say about somebody, being how Tiger just dominates at golf. So that's why I think he's overated. I really don't see how that's a racist comment and why it caused me to get banned here also.
I'm the OP, my posting privelages got banned because of the "because he's black" remark. Not a good week for me. I had to start this new nick to explaing what I meant. I was gonna stay incognito, but what the hell, ban this one too, make it a banner week. What I meant was what I posted above-- the tiger woods comparison. Tiger is by far the most dominating player on the golf scene and probably will go down in history as the best. Phil is constantly being called the "next Tiger Woods" on tv and in the magazines. And it's only because he's black. What about all the other great young players like Eric Molina who don't get this kind of recongnition because their white? Being called the next Tiger Woods to me is one of the greatest things you can say about somebody, being how Tiger just dominates at golf. So that's why I think he's overated. I really don't see how that's a racist comment and why it caused me to get banned here also.
This is exactly the thing that pisses me off. The guy makes a statement and gets insta-banned before he can explain anything, hence my Nazi-ban comments. His point is valid, worth mentioning, and he should be able to convey it. Another ridiculous decision!
What about all the other great young players like Eric Molina
Please don't use that word and that name in the same sentence.
Actually he's Amerasian? I believe that's how he referred to himself
But almost all racists are too stupid to realize that. They usually go by what they see - skin color.

This is seriously like the worst thread I have ever seen. All the dissenters are right, Devorzan meant nothing racist with his comments and was merely writing a thought provoking social commentary. GTFO if you are actually defending that garbage.

This is exactly the thing that pisses me off. The guy makes a statement and gets insta-banned before he can explain anything, hence my Nazi-ban comments. His point is valid, worth mentioning, and he should be able to convey it. Another ridiculous decision!
I think Logic411 has as much time on his hands as do the same people he seems to bash on a routine basis. He sure has been paying a lot of attention to this thread. But it has been fun watching you guys go back and forth lol :club: