** The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread **

So teams with bigs that can draw Bynum and Gasol away and have quick slashing guards continue to be a problem for the Lake Show. What a shitacular game. On the other hand, LeBron and Kobe should now share the title of best player in the game. There isn't much of a difference anymore.Poppy, go for the eyes.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic Brv

he was as innocent as much as Kavanaugh doesn't like beer

The Blake Mamba

I was in class today, and someone a few seats over asked his friend if he know's who Magic Johnson is (They're both sports management majors and I see them at the gym on occasion playing basketball). His friend took like 3 seconds to answer, "uhh yeah, he's HIV positive, right?" This made me so beyond furious I didn't know what to do. Next time I see them at the gym, I'm going for either a split lip or a broken nose.
i bet they blank on Dylan McKay too

Okay. We don't get much TV bball over here, but I was lucky enough to catch the LA-PHX game today. That was disgraceful by both teams. LA didn't deserve to win, but then again, neither did the Suns. LA's offense looked very good (though admittedly against a horrible horrible defense) with lob passes working well and Bynum looking quite polished in the post. But the Lakers will never ever win a championship with defense like that. Open shot after open shot, backdoor cuts, trailing big men, screens, dribble drives, you name it. I'd expected a little more after all the talk I'd been hearing about how good it was. Also, when does the US invade Sasha Vujacic for oil?

LA's offense looked very good (though admittedly against a horrible horrible defense) with lob passes working well and Bynum looking quite polished in the post. But the Lakers will never ever win a championship with defense like that. Open shot after open shot, backdoor cuts, trailing big men, screens, dribble drives, you name it. I'd expected a little more after all the talk I'd been hearing about how good it was.
Agreed. The defense has really fallen off multiple levels. The talk wasn't talk though, the team was playing great defense for the first 7 games, got its weaknesses exposed by Detroit, started getting a little more lazy on defense and deserved to lose that game to Indiana and I'd argue that they should've lost to Washington too. They went from playing defense for 4 quarters, down to 3 quarters (and that's the case for all those blown leads), and then recently to very little defense at all. It is a very troubling thing to watch and most of the blame should fall on Kobe's shoulders.
This statement confuses me. The whole team starts playing poor defense and you want to blame one guy?
He's right, Kobe's been playing terrible defense. He roams around trying to disrupt the other teams offense, and all he's doing is disrupting their defense. His man is always open and his close-outs are horrendous, then when his guy scores he blames somebody else for not helping.I'm not worried about it yet. We saw them play good defense early, so we know they can. It feels like to me they're not really being challenged and are losing their focus a bit. If they still look like this a month from now after they've had to play the better teams in the league, then I'll be worried.I'm also a little worried that Kobe might be physically drained. His J is gone, it's always flat, he's settling, and lazy D. All signs of a tired player.
This statement confuses me. The whole team starts playing poor defense and you want to blame one guy?
I didn't want to blame one guy. I wanted to place most of the blame on Kobe's shoulders. After all, he is the leader of the team. In the beginning of the season Kobe was playing great ball, and the rest of the team took notice and followed his lead. Lakers were shutting teams down night after night. Since then he's kind of went into cruise control, into that "I'll flip the switch on when I need to" mode and the rest of the team followed. This isn't a new trend. Despite what most announcers say, Kobe doesn't play as hard as he could all the time and these habits go way back to when Shaq was around too. Might be the case of overlooking opponents that aren't as good as you. The team is young so they follow the leader's actions. There's also talk around the blogospheres about Kobe having some kind of injury in his lower body that explains his lack of mobility and his gambling so that could be the case.
There's also talk around the blogospheres about Kobe having some kind of injury in his lower body that explains his lack of mobility and his gambling so that could be the case.
I don't know what's worse. I guess I'd rather he be hurt as long as it's healable. I don't think that's a word.

Let's just hope his new low top shoe won't get him in any ankle injuries. Tonight's game should be interesting. Yes, although it's against the Kings, but I'm more curious as to how the Lakers will respond after they got embarassed at Arco earlier this week. I really hope they come out with a vengeance and just destroy them. Kinda like how every great team destroys an opponent after they got embarrassed by said opponent earlier in the season just to put it out there. Sucks no Kevin Martin tonight though.

Let's just hope his new low top shoe won't get him in any ankle injuries. Tonight's game should be interesting. Yes, although it's against the Kings, but I'm more curious as to how the Lakers will respond after they got embarassed at Arco earlier this week. I really hope they come out with a vengeance and just destroy them. Kinda like how every great team destroys an opponent after they got embarrassed by said opponent earlier in the season just to put it out there. Sucks no Kevin Martin tonight though.
The whitish grayish ones look nice.I hope so, I have a friend who I haven't heard from in like 2 years that's a Kings fan, called me with like 2 minutes to go the other night. Unbelievable. Can't believe I forgot to mention Robert Horry.They're 16.5 pt favorites tonight. I swear I wished I bet on basketball sometimes. Kings always give them all they can handle.

Here's the interview of Phil Jackson that's gotten the talk circling around the web about Kobe's health. Source is the LA Times.

It could be something minor but its clearly nagging Kobe. On a side note, I'm watching the Hornets and Celtics game right now and damn, that CP3 can play.
He just wears his emotion on his sleeve. Sasha is awesome, take my word for it.
How do you know? Do you chill at his pad with him? I heard that he is a total pos.
Here's the interview of Phil Jackson that's gotten the talk circling around the web about Kobe's health. Source is the LA Times.
It could be something minor but its clearly nagging Kobe. On a side note, I'm watching the Hornets and Celtics game right now and damn, that CP3 can play.
I got distracted by UCLA undie run. I knew I should have went there. I'm an idiot.The last couple of games I remember him looking gimpy a couple times.Chris Paul is nuts. He's probably my favortie non-Laker in the league. It's funny he's harder on his teammates than Kobe is. Every time he sets someone up for a shot and they miss you can see him yelling at them.
Chris Paul is nuts. He's probably my favortie non-Laker in the league. It's funny he's harder on his teammates than Kobe is. Every time he sets someone up for a shot and they miss you can see him yelling at them.
Yeah it's part of the public's perception of Kobe. There really isnt much middle ground with him. If he is that hard on his teammates, then the media says he's a bad leader because he's demoralizing them. If somebody else does it, they're "laying down the law". It's a weird world we live in.
That was not a good win, imo. One of the most misleading 19-3 records ever. If it weren't for the Kings missing all those wide open shots, it probably wouldn't even have been a win.
Atleast they didn't give up a lot of layups or anything.I'm just going to chalk it up to Sac always gives them problems. Their schedule gets tough here pretty soon, we'll see what's up. Did you notice Kobe hurt his shoulder a little bit on the very last play?

Yeah it seems like everyone just loves hacking Kobe. I'm more concerned about his legs though because I noticed that he started wearing a knee brace (or what I think is one). Didn't seem to be a big issue when he made that dunk to basically seal the game but that could have been all adrenaline. He seemed more animated than in recent past. I saw him yelling at Luke for a missed assignment after a made basket.They should run the offense through Gasol more. That guy is sick efficient and should really deserve an all-star spot.

Yeah it seems like everyone just loves hacking Kobe. I'm more concerned about his legs though because I noticed that he started wearing a knee brace (or what I think is one). Didn't seem to be a big issue when he made that dunk to basically seal the game but that could have been all adrenaline. He seemed more animated than in recent past. I saw him yelling at Luke for a missed assignment after a made basket.They should run the offense through Gasol more. That guy is sick efficient and should really deserve an all-star spot.
Yeah he's been wearing the brace all year when he hurt it in preseason. He looked like old Kobe on that dunk.Gasol def needs to be an all-star.
If it weren't for the Kings missing all those wide open shots, it probably wouldn't even have been a win.
Are you saying that if the Kings had made more shots they would have won?I DONT FOLLOW THAT LOGIC.
Yea, what are you doing last weekend of February? I'll show you.
so you're going to party with him? your post doesn't make much sense. post pics of when you party with him!