Going To Vegas This Weekend - Best 2/5 Game

Hey, I'm going to vegas from thursday to monday this weekend and i'm wondering where you think the best 2/5 NL game is.Two things-1) Best- most fun/real game2) Softest/easiest money.I appreciate it. Haven't been to vegas in a year and was curious what you guys thought...

MGM.
QFTReally really soft and easy money. If you don't win there then you need re-evaluate your game.

what about 1/2 NL?Where is a good place to play that?And I think saying if you can't win at at the MGM, you need to reevaluate your game might be a bit of an overstatement, but ok. One weekend doesn't a poker player makeQFT= quoted for truth

what about 1/2 NL?Where is a good place to play that?And I think saying if you can't win at at the MGM, you need to reevaluate your game might be a bit of an overstatement, but ok. One weekend doesn't a poker player makeQFT= quoted for truth
MGM.
Hey, I'm going to vegas from thursday to monday this weekend and i'm wondering where you think the best 2/5 NL game is.Two things-1) Best- most fun/real game2) Softest/easiest money.I appreciate it. Haven't been to vegas in a year and was curious what you guys thought...
MGM is your best odds at a soft game, but don't be afraid to move around a little. Soft tables happen anywhere, any time.
MGM.
Guess I'll have to hit up the MGM thenI will be staying at The Mirage, but I wanted to hit Caesars up, The Venetian as well, I've heard great things about those two rooms, in addition to the convenience of The Mirage for medamn, thats 4 rooms in 5 days. I can do itthx
Guess I'll have to hit up the MGM thenI will be staying at The Mirage, but I wanted to hit Caesars up, The Venetian as well, I've heard great things about those two rooms, in addition to the convenience of The Mirage for medamn, thats 4 rooms in 5 days. I can do itthx
Played at Caesars, they play tight as hell there. TI is actually a hidden gem, small little poker room, nice 1 3 nl game.Ron, I didn't know you played 1 2 nl? Thought you were joking at first. For some reason I thought you played much bigger.

Mirage has good games...classic old men that don't know how to play well and love to chase draws...I've never walked away a loser there in my four sessions playing there. Treasure Island 1-3 game is really good; very very soft. Not to mention their $65 tourneys are pretty easy to beat, I took down the first one I played.

MGM, blah blah blah.I used to hear this all the time, especially after the re-model.But it is true. I played there one day during the WSOP and man, I gotta tell ya, there are some horrible players there. Most were tourists who played like maybe they saw poker on tv once and thought it looked pretty easy.It was the Softest game I've ever been in. Not sure if it's always that way, but it was for me the afternoon I played there.GL :club:

damn, thats 4 rooms in 5 days. I can do itthx
Hello, haven't you heard of MULTI-TABLING?? :D:club:

I was just there a couple weeks ago. I thought the Bellagio was pretty soft; one guy called my inside straight draw on the turn with a big bet and of course hit it. Bellagio now has $500 max buy in, was $200 previously. The venetian is solid. Slightly different game as it has a $1000 max buy in. The players were better there but there was still several donks. MGM does have good action.

Played at Caesars, they play tight as hell there. TI is actually a hidden gem, small little poker room, nice 1 3 nl game.Ron, I didn't know you played 1 2 nl? Thought you were joking at first. For some reason I thought you played much bigger.
If we were talking butt plugs, ol' Ronny is about as high stakes as it gets. But this is poker.
Mirage has good games...classic old men that don't know how to play well and love to chase draws...I've never walked away a loser there in my four sessions playing there. Treasure Island 1-3 game is really good; very very soft. Not to mention their $65 tourneys are pretty easy to beat, I took down the first one I played.
I've done well in the Mirage limit games, but my experience there in NL is just the opposite of what you describe.
I've done well in the Mirage limit games, but my experience there in NL is just the opposite of what you describe.
Agree, the NL games have more of the young crowd playing and they're generally horrible. The older guys are starting to move over though, especially to the 1/2NL games. They don't like it, but all of the players are now playing that as opposed to the 3/6 limit games. The NL games are still really soft, the 2/5 gets a little better on the weekends, but that's about it.
MGM, blah blah blah.I used to hear this all the time, especially after the re-model.But it is true. I played there one day during the WSOP and man, I gotta tell ya, there are some horrible players there. Most were tourists who played like maybe they saw poker on tv once and thought it looked pretty easy.It was the Softest game I've ever been in. Not sure if it's always that way, but it was for me the afternoon I played there.GL :club:
My only loss at the MGM was sitting there drunk at a 2/4 limit table (LOL) with three buddies, watching a guy hit EVERY draw over three hours. And by every, I mean EVERY. When we saw his luck, we asked him to split a $500 / four game parlay in college BB. Guess what? ................His luck held. CASHOLA. Never bet against a luckbox.

If you're looking for a game with small blinds and no-cap then your best bet is to stay at the Wynn... they do have a pretty good 2-5 game, the room is clean, and you can't beat the massages from the hot chicks they have working there. Come to think of it you really don't have to leave the Wynn for anything- one of the best steakhouses, one of the best clubs, and anything else you are looking for. My favorite place to stay/play poker on the strip. If you have any kind of O8 game, check out their 10/20 HK which is some of the easiest money you will make in Vegas. Another great NL game with no cap is downtown at the Golden Nugget, 1-3 NL, and $100 bills play as well.

thanks guys... first time poster on FCP.i've mainly played at bellagio and wynn on previous trips to vegas but might have to try MGM and these other rooms...anyone else going this weekend? can't wait... will be there in like 48 hours.

The Tropicana on weekends has a real soft 1/2 no limit game. Lots of players that have never played before. Great game with lots of newbies just dieing to donate. Just don't try and bluff them with nothing. I was watching a guy try to do that and they'd call him down all the way with bottom pair and bust him everytime. It was funny. I took $250 out of that game in about 45 minutes Saturday night. Check it out.

thanks for the info. Nah, we don't have much poker in FL, so when I get to play, I play 5/10 LHE and 2/5 NLH 200 max.Thats all they really spread on the gambling boat.
If we were talking butt plugs, ol' Ronny is about as high stakes as it gets. But this is poker.
I loathe you.cumming over tonight?
This is a quick run down:Weekends:Mandalay Bay $2-$4 NL (plays bigger on the weekend) & $1-$2 NL really soft but small.Bellagio $2-$5 NL & $5-$10MGM $2-$5 NL & $5-$5 (good $5-$5 action on the weekends!)Venetian $2-$5 NLWeekdays:Red Rock $2-$5 NL (a lot of the locals will play here during the week but most of the time always good action)Wynn $2-$5 NL (good game but a little tuff during the week). Also good weekday tourney's. The $1-$3 NL (Yes, $1-$3) is really good too... plays more like a $2-$5 sometimes. If you find yourself at a table full of locals play loose aggressive and you'll steal a lot of pots.Green Valley Ranch $2-$5 NL good game, just call them to see how many tables they have going before you show up. Some nights are good and some nights are dead.
thanks guys... first time poster on FCP.i've mainly played at bellagio and wynn on previous trips to vegas but might have to try MGM and these other rooms...anyone else going this weekend? can't wait... will be there in like 48 hours.
Not sure your bank roll, but the 5-10 NL game at the Wynn on the weekends is fabulous. There are 2-3 local players you want to avoid in the game if they are playing (they will be easy to determine with their chatter to the waitresses and dealers on a first name basis and their extremely tight play), but other than that the players are so predictable in there betting. Reraises are especially powerful in this game and is something I would use often. About $2K will be good enough to get you into the flow, but the more you can put out there the better. I think this is actually a much easier game than the 1-3 and 2-5 NL games they also spread.This game has been a constant 2.5 times the big blind winner for me for quite a while now.
Not sure your bank roll, but the 5-10 NL game at the Wynn on the weekends is fabulous. There are 2-3 local players you want to avoid in the game if they are playing (they will be easy to determine with their chatter to the waitresses and dealers on a first name basis and their extremely tight play), but other than that the players are so predictable in there betting. Reraises are especially powerful in this game and is something I would use often. About $2K will be good enough to get you into the flow, but the more you can put out there the better. I think this is actually a much easier game than the 1-3 and 2-5 NL games they also spread.This game has been a constant 2.5 times the big blind winner for me for quite a while now.
thx. i've played 5/10 there and i had an OK experience. my table was fairly tight and it was hard to get paid. but i also noticed a few loose aggressive players paying people off too. as we know, it's all about WHO is sitting down at the table... if i notice good/easy/loose action at 5/10 i will plop down there. when you say "2.5 times the big blind winner for me for quite a while now" - HOW much is a good session for you there?