Tourney Stupidity

I'm curious what you all think about this situation: Played a 40 buck buy in, 60 person tourney at the local Harrah's yesterday. The tourney structure moves fairly quickly (blinds up every 15 minutes, start with 1500 chips). Tourney generally lasts 4-5 hrs total.We were about an hour and fifteen minutes in when the following happened. Blinds were at 50-100. Guy in EP with about 1400 chips pushes all in pre-flop. It folds around the table to the BB. BB had about 1200 chips. He ponders for a second, then announces to the table that he is "bored" and calls with 2-3 offsuit. The guy that pushed had kings, and they of course held up. Instantly at least five people at the table asked the guy that won if he knew the clown that called. The guy that won clearly didn't know the other guy and was dumbfounded by the actions of the caller. So no issue of collusion. I guess my frustration is simply that a pretty good player got a whole bunch of chips because a guy was bored. Why do idiots like that sign up. Should there be any repercussions for the actions? Maybe I'm just venting, but it really ticked me off.

Should there be any repercussions for the actions? Maybe I'm just venting, but it really ticked me off.
He bought in with his own money correct??He can do whatever he wants with his chips... sounds like you aren't too confident in your game if you're getting scared of someone decent getting chips...

Interesting theory, since he bought in with his own money he can do whatever he wants with his chips. So obviously it's o.k next time I play to take a couple of friends with me and make sure that two of us dump our chips to the other, since we all bought in with our own money. Or perhaps I can get involved with a friend, go over the top of the friend and then expose my cards before he has a chance to act, thus making my hand dead, since I bought in with my own money and all. Better yet, I can take my wife, who has never played a hand of hold em in her life and instruct her to call my huge bets to the river, and then fold, since she bought in with her own money.I guess I just come from the school of playing the game with a bit of integrity. When some schmuck calls an all-in with a 2-3 off out of boredom, perhaps he should consider knitting. The fact that a good player got his chips has zero to do with my confidence, instead, the equity of the game. Thanks for your insights though.

Now your talking about collusion. Stupidity is okay, collusion is not. You said yourself that there was no hint of collusion, and the guy was just an idiot. Let it go. Stupidity is not a crime. You were not wronged in anyway. It was his money and as long as he was within the rules he could play how he wanted.

Interesting theory, since he bought in with his own money he can do whatever he wants with his chips. So obviously it's o.k next time I play to take a couple of friends with me and make sure that two of us dump our chips to the other, since we all bought in with our own money. Or perhaps I can get involved with a friend, go over the top of the friend and then expose my cards before he has a chance to act, thus making my hand dead, since I bought in with my own money and all. Better yet, I can take my wife, who has never played a hand of hold em in her life and instruct her to call my huge bets to the river, and then fold, since she bought in with her own money.I guess I just come from the school of playing the game with a bit of integrity. When some schmuck calls an all-in with a 2-3 off out of boredom, perhaps he should consider knitting. The fact that a good player got his chips has zero to do with my confidence, instead, the equity of the game. Thanks for your insights though.
i understand your frustration, but collusion is illegal, being an idiot, fortunately as noted above, is not.

Somebody please call the Whaaaaaaaaambulance on this babyYou weren't playing a 10k event or anything, you were playing a 40 buck tourney, so what if a guy donked his chips off, it could be you next time that gets the christmas present. I just don't get the whining, I bet this guy is the kind of guy that yells at fish for playing bad in a cash game and makes them tighten up.

Thanks for all the insight folks, as usual, general comes thru with a littany of great replies with the flaming trolls here to flame for no reason. And to the couple of legit responses, I realize my example was collusion, I was simply responding to the "it's his chips, he can do what he wants with them" comment.

I guess my frustration is simply that a pretty good player got a whole bunch of chips because a guy was bored. Why do idiots like that sign up. Should there be any repercussions for the actions? Maybe I'm just venting, but it really ticked me off.
if someone does this in the future, take advantage of it
I'm curious what you all think about this situation: Played a 40 buck buy in, 60 person tourney at the local Harrah's yesterday. The tourney structure moves fairly quickly (blinds up every 15 minutes, start with 1500 chips). Tourney generally lasts 4-5 hrs total.We were about an hour and fifteen minutes in when the following happened. Blinds were at 50-100.
After 6 levels the blinds were 50-100? What did the blinds start off at: 1 and 2?

OP, you are a moron...there is really nothing more to say than that.It is obv a violation to dump chips to another player, but each player is free to play tight, loose, aggressive, passive, reckless, careful, etc...and the idea that he should be prohibited from this is just crazy.

Your going to find those types of people at every level of poker, a lot of them have money so losing 40 bucks is nothing in their eyes. I have played at the WSOP and seen people buy into a 2000 dollar event and do the same thing. Just play your game and you will be fine.

nobody has looked at it from the perspective of the bored guy.he purposely puts all his money in the middle in a situation where he's almost guaranteed to lose. he's not playing to win, and in effect dumping his chips to whoever he's facing. that sounds a little more like collusion, doesnt it?that said, there's really not much to do about it. it's irritating to have someone like that fuck up the flow of the game. if you don't want to play, just leave.

I'm actually amazed that the kings held up. The way I'm running lately, if I had had the kings, I would have started walking to the door as soon as the cards were flipped.

Thanks for all the insight folks, as usual, general comes thru with a littany of great replies with the flaming trolls here to flame for no reason. And to the couple of legit responses, I realize my example was collusion, I was simply responding to the "it's his chips, he can do what he wants with them" comment.
You idiot. Read this entire thread over again, then you might realize your first 2 posts make no sense and that your're an idiot.

I was going to say something, but these guys said it first..

He bought in with his own money correct??He can do whatever he wants with his chips...
Be thankful for idiots like that.
if someone does this in the future, take advantage of it
Your going to find those types of people at every level of poker, a lot of them have money so losing 40 bucks is nothing in their eyes.

If you can't let this go, then you have a problem. Maybe poker is not for you. Old school? I don't think so. Old school would not have made this post. They know the difference. Call it a day, take some prozac, and come back when you feel better. Enough is enough. Your anger makes you look more the idiot than the guy who dumped the chips.

If you can't let this go, then you have a problem. Maybe poker is not for you. Old school? I don't think so. Old school would not have made this post. They know the difference. Call it a day, take some prozac, and come back when you feel better. Enough is enough. Your anger makes you look more the idiot than the guy who dumped the chips.
Your arrogant attitude and "relax" attitude towards everything is going to get old really fast, just so you know. And your "poker is not for you" reference here and in the main event thread is simply stupid, as people who poker are not for are welcomed at my table any day of the week.
And your "poker is not for you" reference here and in the main event thread is simply stupid, as people who poker are not for are welcomed at my table any day of the week.
I know I just woke up and everything, but I really don't understand this sentence...
I'm actually amazed that the kings held up. The way I'm running lately, if I had had the kings, I would have started walking to the door as soon as the cards were flipped.
BBFIDTS;)Mark