Not The Brightest Overcall?

$39 Satellite to the Sunday Million. I'm 3 for 5 in these in the past week, so I'm very comfortable with the level of play and my ability to eek out a nice profit from them. I'm low in chips sitting on about $2,000 with blinds less than a minute away from being 200/400...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP1 (t4310)MP2 (t1160)MP3 (t5585)Hero (t2002)Button (t14260)SB (t6700)BB (t3000)UTG (t2005)UTG+1 (t4495)Preflop: Hero is CO with A :club: , K :) . UTG raises to t1980, UTG+1 calls t1980, 3 folds, Hero calls t1977 (All-In), 3 folds.Flop: (t6137) 5 :D , T :D , 3 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)Turn: (t6137) 2 :)(3 players, 1 all-in)River: (t6137) 9 :)(3 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: t6137Results in white below: UTG has 6s 6h (one pair, sixes). UTG+1 has 9h 9s (three of a kind, nines). Hero has Ad Ks (high card, ace). Outcome: UTG+1 wins t6137. Could I have waited for a better spot?

Grumble. I don't know. I probably don't call, you are likely against at least 1 pocket pair and then another person holding an A. That hurts you a lot. (Insert much rather push AK than call AK rant here)

I would have called too with an M approaching 3 with the blinds about to move upTripling up gets you closer to a seat; you have a lot of ground to make up and this is a good time to take a shot

Forgot to add: Blinds moving up to 200/400 in under a minute. 18 Left. Top 10 win Seat. 11, 12, 13, and 14 get $39. 15th place gets $1 :club:- Crash

Forgot to add: Blinds moving up to 200/400 in under a minute. 18 Left. Top 10 win Seat. 11, 12, 13, and 14 get $39. 15th place gets $1 :club:- Crash
Didn't see that, I like calling a lot more in this scenario.
I'd like to see the other stacks, 8-18th or soCall probably best.
^^^^^^Never saw resultsthat notwithstanding, I wish OP's would refrain from leaking it all over their titles anyway.Don't you folks understand why we post here?It's not for entertainig your bad beats or tough tourney losses.It's to see if we can advise each other on how to play better given equal info you had at time.ok.

If you're nowhere near the bubble, easy call. Near the bubble, I would scout the list to see how many stacks are in the 1000-chip range first. This is a flat payout, after all.