Repost Your First Post Here

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad....I have been trying to register for discussion for months; and kept getting an error message, no matter what computer I was on or what. It finally went through today. Now I can finally join in on flaming the donkeys. (I know that until proven otherwise, it is assumed that I am one of the donks; but I will prove myself.) One question though, I have been reading posts for a while now...what the hell does 'sw' mean?

I was looking back at a bunch of my older posts. I used to post in strat a lot, back when Actuary was a newb and wrto, smash, and jaysonweber were frequent contributors. I was looking back at my 2/4 hands and 3/6 hands...it was pretty interesting. I've always been mostly a lurker, but it's kinda cool to see how far I've progressed as a poker player.I also found a funny thread where partypsux was asking for advice for small NL tournaments on party, and I gave him some advice. I thought the advice was decent, but he's like the jesus of online tournaments now, and I haven't cashed in a tournament in about 17 years. Funny stuff.

You funny Actuary.
don't be an idiot all the time please.
QFT
Sad....I have been trying to register for discussion for months; and kept getting an error message, no matter what computer I was on or what. It finally went through today. Now I can finally join in on flaming the donkeys. (I know that until proven otherwise, it is assumed that I am one of the donks; but I will prove myself.) One question though, I have been reading posts for a while now...what the hell does 'sw' mean?
sarcasm warning.

3e +r+a Omaha hi FT So, I was the barely the chipleader with only about 10k advantage to the second in chips (about 200k chips in play) . It was down to 3 handed and the second in chips bet the pot, putting the shortstack all in if he called. He did, and it was now on me.. I typed "let's check it down?" in the chatbox, since the players were pretty much donkeys (now, i'm a very poor omaha player myself and surely made some huge donkeymoves myself but i still had some brain cells) I wasn't sure if he knew it's a good thing to check it down... Anyhow, I know there's absolutely nothing wrong in checking it down, but is it proper to suggest it? I'm pretty sure there isn't any rule for this but what do you think? is it queer? oh and hi.

My 1st post:[on letting an opponent know he has a tell] "I don't think it is ever good to give away a tell to your opponent. Mindgames might work for the short-run, but poker is a long-run game. Why would you give your opponents a better chance of winning? Don't feed the fish, because they may one day become sharks."XXEddie created that thread

oh sweet mary and jesus, please take it easy on this, posted in a thread entitiled "Implied Tilt Odds", I don't remember, but I hope I was joking:"I'll do something like this if I have enough of a bankroll for the game to absorb some losses first. I'll chase draws I don't have the odds to chase until I hit one, then all the players at the table will start talking about how much I suck. After this I'm in the best situation possible, ANY draw that hits provides me with a huge bluffing opportunity as they will assume I was chasing it, and when I have a made hand and call to the end, if the draw doesn't hit they will move in on me since i didn't "hit". Doesn't work all the time, but it's goldmine when it does."

boy I jumped right in!Why is it that you say Brady stats are slightly skewed and NRA are more heavily skewed? Showing your bias aren't you? The NRA takes great pains to use data from outside sources and the US government. They are meticulous about footnotes and references. They know that every stat they put out will be gone over with a fine tooth comb by the anti-gun media, while everything that Brady and HCI says is trumpeted out without any research. "Do you really think there would be less violence in the U.S. if every single person had a gun on them at all times? Really?" Of course not. What a ridiculous statement. Common, you can do better than that.

From a thread called "Common tells" in strategy .....

I just watched a DVD of Howard Lederer's called "Howard Lederer Tells All" and it is basically just 60 minutes of how to pick up tells in live games. There is a tiny bit of hold-em instructional, but mainly a how to read tells DVD. I picked it up in the Wal-Mart 2 for $11 DVD bin, but have seen it on ebay pretty cheap too.
Well looked like I had good intentions of trying to contribute actual content to this forum when I got startedDec 04, geeesh
From a thread called "Common tells" in strategy .....Well looked like I had good intentions of trying to contribute actual content to this forum when I got startedDec 04, geeesh
1st and last strategy post, I presume
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=50585&hl=I'd been lurking for 7-8 months before this, and for some reason this thread baited me into actually making an account. And then four or five different people assumed that because I was a moderately intelligent new member, I must've been a second account of somebody who already was there (a fair assumption, given the majority of new posters on this board). Rampant guessing ensued.

My first post is pretty lame...

Has anyone else tried the Bad Beat Jackpot tables on PartyPoker? Even though I know it's damn near impossible to win the jackpot, I played on a 2-4 table this weekend and was astounded by how horrible the players are. I've cleared $185 so far in only about 6 hours of playing. These people will call you with just about anything, especially if it's soooooted. This does lead to some inevitable suck-outs with flushes, but overall it's incredibly easy to beat on a consistent basis. I know they rake an extra $.50 a hand, but it's well worth it to play against people who are looking to win a big jackpot instead of playing good poker...
But my 4th post was a classic thread that I started about stupid poker laws in North Carolina that turned into a flame war between iowa's finest, BigDMcGee and Keith. Here's the link for those that don't remember...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=14073&hl=

I like mine...remember that poll before the protege FT? lol Did i prove you all wrong?QUOTE(doublemeup @ Sunday, April 23rd, 2006, 11:24 AM) Wow #3 still has no votes.You guys are def. hardcore poker players... You can look at my picture, read my bio, and already know that i suck. (here and i thought i wasn't that easy to read!) hahai'm definately shooting to prove you all wrong..thanks for the extra motivation! -Fidler

"I am going to begin my online poker career this summer, when I will have time to play more often. I am not looking to make a lot of money or anything, but I want to become a consistent winner at low-limit games. I have played online before, but I am realizing that I had poor planning (not depositing enough for a bankroll, playing at limits that were too high for the money I had, etc.) and that resulted in me losing the deposits. I am now going to deposit at least 200 dollars into a site and play .50/1.00 until I reach 400 or more, at which point I am going to play 1.00/2.00. I am not a very loose player, so 200 bets should be a sufficient bankroll. I am now playing at Pacific Poker to pass the time until I decide to start my endeavor. I am playing at the .05/.10 Omaha hi Tables and winning a decent amount of money (in terms of bets/hr). I have done better playing Omaha than Hold'em, so I will play more of it while I am trying to become a consistent winner. My problem is that I don't know what site I should play at. At Pacific Poker, the competition is easy, but you can only play one table and the software isn't very reliable. The worst thing is that I can only play one table. I want to be able to play 4 tables so that I can make a little more money, and Pacific Poker doesn't have that available. Also, I would like to play at a site that has a better bonus so that I can work on clearing it and making some more than I would at Pacific (where I have already cleared the bonus). My first choice was Full Tilt because I like the 100% bonus, but I have heard that it is hard to clear. Also, I just like the idea of playing at Full Tilt. It sounds really immature, but the promise of being able to play with the pros, and playing to win Full Tilt gear just seems like a great bonus. I would love to be a winning player at Full Tilt because of it's reputation as one of the hardest sites on the net, but maybe I should go somewhere else where I have more of a chance to win, but with less "reputation and ego" bonuses. I need a site that has .50/1.00 limit Omaha tables, has multi-tabling possible, offers great bonuses that are easy to clear, and has competition that is on the loose-passive side. To make it more complicated, I love depositing with epassporte, so a site with epassporte is preferred, but not required. Please respond with ideas on sites to go to and also on my plans in general. Any comments are welcome. Go ahead and flame."haha, my first post, I played limit Omaha?