The Playoffs Are Going To Suck

If the Twins had Liriano still they would be going to the world series...no one could beat them in a 5 or 7 game series with two lockdown pitchers. The other teams should be excited that we lost our rookie so they actually have a chance now

Please have the mets go instead of the yankees. I don't want to hear from greatwhite or some other stupid ass yanks fan on campus.
I just want one team to win so I can win my bet :club:
why would you take that bet, even if you win, that means New York wins. And every time New York wins, America dies a little. Even if you win, you lose.
Mobney is mobney. And I'm Canadian :club:

My beloved White Sox stopped playing baseball in July so your welcome, everyone else. I'm rooting for Big Frank and the A's. I'd be fine with the Mets or Yankees winning as well.

1. Jose Reyes2. Paul LoDuca3. Carlos Beltran4. Carlos Delgado5. David Wright6. Shawn Green7. Cliff Floyd/Endy Chavez8. Jose Valentine9. Tom GlavineWho's better?
Anyone in the AL.
Well, it did come in a post where he's talking about no goddammed Red Sox Yankees, so you can see how I made the mistake while skimming the forums (fora). Plus, the Red Sox repeatedly got their asses handed to them by the Royals. I acknowledge the other Sox team, but when "the Sox" in speech and print means almost universally the Red Sox for the past 23 years, it sometimes happens that I interpret the team incorrectly when I'm not reading carefully.
Unless your from Illinois then the Sox name mean the White Sox.
1. Jose Reyes2. Paul LoDuca3. Carlos Beltran4. Carlos Delgado5. David Wright6. Shawn Green7. Cliff Floyd/Endy Chavez8. Jose Valentine9. Tom GlavineWho's better?
Are you serious? How about?1. Damon2. Jeter3. Abreu4. Giambi5. Arod6. Sheffield7. Matsui8. Posada9. Cano
Unless your from Illinois then the Sox name mean the White Sox.
Right, but I'm from Boston. When I see simply "Sox" the connection to "Red Sox" is incredibly strong and if I'm not paying attention, I won't consider alternate possibilities.
Unless your from Illinois then the Sox name mean the Red Sox.
FYP... I think. I typically call the Red Sox the BoSox and White Sox the ChiSox so there isn't any confusion. However, if I ever use just the word Sox in a conversation I'm always talking about the Red Sox. Keep in mind I that I live in Connecticut so the Red Sox are much more talked about than the White Sox. However, the Red Sox are the more famous team. This makes me think that they hold the title in a neutral spot like California.
If the Dodgers win the WC the Mets are in serious trouble
how about those Stros?? If they get in, everyone should be afraid of them, cause pitching pitching pitching
I'd instantly promote the Astros to "my NL playoff team" if they manage to knock out the Cardinals.
I'd instantly promote the Astros to "my NL playoff team" if they manage to knock out the Cardinals.
If the Astros get in they might be the favorites, even against the Mets. If they would not be the favorites over the Mets they are at least the favorites over any other team. They are hot right now and Clemens, Oswalt, and Pettitte is by far the most dominating starting pitching out there. The Astros also might have the best defensive team in the NL. Combine that with the fact that Pedro is done for the season and the Mets could be in serious trouble against them.
Schilling BeckettWakefieldClementPapelbonso....3/5. And Wakefield plays younger since he's a knuckleball pitcher. Only Beckett didn't miss a start down the stretch. Then there were the other 7 I referred to who were unavailable. Of those, only Wells was over 35. Then you get the young guys like Alvarez and DiNardo who missed most of the year, and even Lester who got cancer at 23. Not sure what your point is. Not sure who's crying either. I had to stand up for my team when someone took a bit of a shot at them. No biggie. Hard to get too upset when just about everything that could go wrong this year did.
probably could have used anibel sanchez. or hanley ramirez. thanks.seriously, the sox front office has been terrible since the world series....every move has turned out badly.such a shame.
probably could have used anibel sanchez. or hanley ramirez. thanks.seriously, the sox front office has been terrible since the world series....every move has turned out badly.such a shame.
Meh. They haven't been great, but a lot has been outside of their power.
FYP... I think. I typically call the Red Sox the BoSox and White Sox the ChiSox so there isn't any confusion. However, if I ever use just the word Sox in a conversation I'm always talking about the Red Sox. Keep in mind I that I live in Connecticut so the Red Sox are much more talked about than the White Sox. However, the Red Sox are the more famous team. This makes me think that they hold the title in a neutral spot like California.
I am a native Illinoisan...I had it right the first time.