Expensive Suckout

Just saw this on FT.Full Tilt Poker Game #1038587858: Table Halbert (heads up) - $300/$600 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:54:05 ET - 2006/09/25Seat 1: LFISGD ($64,696)Seat 2: John DAgostino ($75,898)LFISGD posts the small blind of $300John DAgostino posts the big blind of $600The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***LFISGD raises to $1,800John DAgostino raises to $5,400LFISGD calls $3,600*** FLOP *** [9h 3h Ts]John DAgostino bets $10,800LFISGD calls $10,800*** TURN *** [9h 3h Ts] [8s]John DAgostino bets $24,000LFISGD raises to $48,496, and is all inJohn DAgostino calls $24,496LFISGD shows [7d 4h]John DAgostino shows [Kh Ks]*** RIVER *** [9h 3h Ts 8s] [Js]LFISGD shows a straight, Jack highJohn DAgostino shows a pair of KingsLFISGD wins the pot ($129,391.50) with a straight, Jack highJohn DAgostino adds $48,798*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $129,392 | Rake $0.50Board: [9h 3h Ts 8s Js]Seat 1: LFISGD (small blind) showed [7d 4h] and won ($129,391.50) with a straight, Jack highSeat 2: John DAgostino (big blind) showed [Kh Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings

Just saw this on FT.Full Tilt Poker Game #1038587858: Table Halbert (heads up) - $300/$600 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:54:05 ET - 2006/09/25Seat 1: LFISGD ($64,696)Seat 2: John DAgostino ($75,898)LFISGD posts the small blind of $300John DAgostino posts the big blind of $600The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***LFISGD raises to $1,800John DAgostino raises to $5,400LFISGD calls $3,600*** FLOP *** [9h 3h Ts]John DAgostino bets $10,800LFISGD calls $10,800*** TURN *** [9h 3h Ts] [8s]John DAgostino bets $24,000LFISGD raises to $48,496, and is all inJohn DAgostino calls $24,496LFISGD shows [7d 4h]John DAgostino shows [Kh Ks]*** RIVER *** [9h 3h Ts 8s] [Js]LFISGD shows a straight, Jack highJohn DAgostino shows a pair of KingsLFISGD wins the pot ($129,391.50) with a straight, Jack highJohn DAgostino adds $48,798*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $129,392 | Rake $0.50Board: [9h 3h Ts 8s Js]Seat 1: LFISGD (small blind) showed [7d 4h] and won ($129,391.50) with a straight, Jack highSeat 2: John DAgostino (big blind) showed [Kh Ks] and lost with a pair of Kings
Ouch...
how does that guy make that play? I wonder what was going through his mind when he did that.
"Let me see if this guy will throw away one pair on a scary board."Of course...Jdags priced himself into calling..so the play was dumb as ****.

i think he made the play because he was using money he took off JDags yesterday to play...If I remember correctly, he took about $120k off JDags yesterday, after JDags busted Ivey less than an hour earlier.

"Let me see if this guy will throw away one pair on a scary board."Of course...Jdags priced himself into calling..so the play was dumb as ****.
he's not throwing one pair away getting over 4-1
Semi bluff. He hoped to take it down with the all in raise. He had outs. One of his outs hit on the river.
see above, jeez Dane, your one of the better players on this site....thought youd realize Dags was getting over 4-1 and there was almost no way his bluff would work
he's not throwing one pair away getting over 4-1see above, jeez Dane, your one of the better players on this site....thought youd realize Dags was getting over 4-1 and there was almost no way his bluff would work
I'm okay, sometimes. I was answering the question about what the other player was thinking. I didn't say that it was a good idea based on the size of the bet and the pot.John probably thought that he may have been beat, but he called just in case.

yeah it was no brainer call but ugly. the 200k pot they played was nice too. i just lost an 18k pot which is i think in my top 5. set of kings vs gutshot i was getting about 4-1 to call his all in on turn after i made huge reraise. i whiffed now i'm pissed. prolly not half as pissed as jdags though.

yeah it was no brainer call but ugly. the 200k pot they played was nice too. i just lost an 18k pot which is i think in my top 5. set of kings vs gutshot i was getting about 4-1 to call his all in on turn after i made huge reraise. i whiffed now i'm pissed. prolly not half as pissed as jdags though.
Was this before...or after you banged Scarlet Johansen in the ***?

damn, i just read some of chuksty's blog, and i think i have the worst hangover in my life...-did you really say "fingerbang"?-who "fingerbangs" a stripper? really...this **** is priceless...you guys need to check this out..

damn, i just read some of chuksty's blog, and i think i have the worst hangover in my life...-did you really say "fingerbang"?-who "fingerbangs" a stripper? really...this **** is priceless...you guys need to check this out..
:club: