What % Is Luck In Poker?

No such thing as luck
Plus OneBut just for shits and giggles. As a wise man once said. "I find the more I educate myself on the game, the luckier I become." Err, something like that.
Short term 90/10. Long term..100 skill. No player can survive without great skill in the long run.
I wasn't going to reply to this thread until I saw thisEven long term there's a lot of luck.In fact the likelihood your total earnings deviates substantially from your expected earnings, assuming you made the proper play every time, increase with the more hands you play.
This, however, isn't the issue as you're not going to just push all-in at the beginning of every single hand. Having skill to lay down hands that were best preflop but got outflopped, get maximum value on goods hands, draw in the correct spots, etc. is what makes skill the only factor that matters long-term.
I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of this comment...
Considering the best odds you can have is 85% chance to win in the case of a dominated hand, the luck factor is AT LEAST 15%.
The only reason to even view a thread like this is to see if there are any hot chick avtars.
El Guapo will rape and pillage the villagers! Until the 3 Amigos come to save the day!!
but std. deviation approaches (decreases) a constant
If you are saying StndDev per N hands, yes.I'm talking about TotalVariance ( and by default, Total StndDev ) increases with more hands played. It must. The Formula for Variance does nothing if not add positive numbers with each additional element. Over the long run the total your actual earnings deviate from your total expected earnings will increase. Total Variance.But your actual Win RATE will stabalize towards your true RATE over time.It's subtle, but a material difference in concepts.

right, like i'm really gonna listen to someone named actuary in relation to numbers but seriously, its been a while since i took statistics so i defer. but i dont put alot of pressure on stuff like that, i just aim to put up winning sessions knowing that the losing ones come up here and there. and personally the term 'Variance' and the overuse of it in the forum (notwothstanding limit grinders) lends itself to something losing players tell themselves. flame on

"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!"

Fair enough, I thought I was doing the same.My apologies.
Ah. I misunderstood. Thought you were critiquing my critique. Honestly, your example with K2 is better than my AA vs A6 example. =)

Upon my re-reading of HOH2 last night, I'd like to change my original statement to reflect that luck, without taking into consideration whether the individual is wearing sneakers or boots is 32.5%. However, socks definitely play a role in the matter, decreasing the luck factor by 2%.