Which major professional poker players teach the nuances of the game in private sessions? In golf, you can actually work with the biggest name and best teachers for relatively moderate sums. Is this true in poker as well?I've heard of Camp Hellmuth.Annie Duke has tutored Ben Affleck.Johnny Chan helped Jamie Gold.Phil Laak has taught Jennifer Tilly.What are some others you've heard of. What were the fees? Include a percentage of winnings? For how long? etc.Thanks!Burgerman

The WPT Boot Camp includes lots of pro teachers, including Crispin and Jules Leyser, Chip and Karina Jett, TJ Cloutier, Clonie Gowen, and many others on a revolving-as-available basis. Whether it is "reasonable" is left to your definition of the word. It's certainly not one-on-one.

Uh... the pros are teaching that sometimes you have to gamble, winning a tournament isnt a sure thing, and oh yeah: force amateurs to make decisions, they'll usually make the wrong ones.

Are you talking about tourny or cash tutoring? The only coaches I know of are NL cash players. I wouldn't take lessons from any of those listed in NL cash games. If you want real coaches, go to 3 bet.com There are a bunch of winning players at the 600 - 1000NL game. If you want coaching for higher, you will have to PM people on 2+2 and pay a king's ransom.

I would be more interested in successful cash game tutoring than tournament play. I'd like to see what isn't in the books. Seems like Ben Affleck won a tournament after working with Annie Duke, Jamie Gold (not my favorite) did well after working with Johnny Chan. I'm not willing to do anything but pay to learn, BTW. I'd probably say a rate of $500 per hour would be fair -- 30 hours minimum commitment.Best -- Burgerman

I would be more interested in successful cash game tutoring than tournament play. I'd like to see what isn't in the books. Seems like Ben Affleck won a tournament after working with Annie Duke, Jamie Gold (not my favorite) did well after working with Johnny Chan. I'm not willing to do anything but pay to learn, BTW. I'd probably say a rate of $500 per hour would be fair -- 30 hours minimum commitment.Best -- Burgerman
A bit confusing. You said that you were looking for successful cash game tutoring, but you listed pros who have tutored students that won tourneys. Unfortunately when people look for coaching they want everything to be result based. Training is a process. It takes time. Sometimes people pick things up rather quickly, sometimes it takes awhile to sink in. Many people have had success in tournaments and then lost that money in a short period of time due to poor money management, or playing in cash games that were over their head. A good coach will teach you about all aspects of poker.

Again: If you want cash game coaching, go to 3 bet.com there are a bunch of really good players there. The price is reasonable as well; 100/hr to coach up to 200NL, 150/hr to coach 400NL, 200/hr to coach 600NL. Anything higher just go to the top players at 2+2 and send them a PM requesting coaching. These guys charge ALOT but its worth it. It is not a short process... these things take time; we all have alot of engrained notions of how to play and it might not be the correct way. I have paid around $13,000 total for my coaching, but it was worth it.

When you look at 13k, it seems like alot, but I was getting coached for 1000NL. I have won alot of money and I can honestly say it is all attributed to my coaching. If you sweated my game 2-3 months ago and then watched me now, you wouldn't believe it was the same player. My coach was an elite player so it was very easy for me to forget everything that I thought I knew and took his word as gospel.