High Stakes Poker

Just wondering if anyone knows how much the chip denominations are that the folks on HSP use for dealer tokes. Someone on another forum mentioned $5 and I had to laugh. I just don't see them pitching a $5 chip after raking in $50k+ pot. Are they $5 or maybe a little higher?Ed

Just wondering if anyone knows how much the chip denominations are that the folks on HSP use for dealer tokes. Someone on another forum mentioned $5 and I had to laugh. I just don't see them pitching a $5 chip after raking in $50k+ pot. Are they $5 or maybe a little higher?Ed
Its $5 Why would you think it should be more? If they play 30 hands per hour, thats $150 per Hour! Thats would be $300K per year!****, I'll do it for $3 :club:
Its $5 Why would you think it should be more? If they play 30 hands per hour, thats $150 per Hour! Thats would be $300K per year!****, I'll do it for $3 :club:
I don't know. Was just thinking when I win a $100-150 pot at a 1/2 game I will throw a $1 chip. So I can only imagine if I won $50k I would want to chip a little more than $5. Maybe I am too generous for my own good. :)Ed
I don't know. Was just thinking when I win a $100-150 pot at a 1/2 game I will throw a $1 chip. So I can only imagine if I won $50k I would want to chip a little more than $5. Maybe I am too generous for my own good. :)Ed
Are you that new to poker? You win a 50K pot, then you lose a 50k pot.Your out that tip. Its not like you won the lotto, or I would agree with ya :club:
Its not like your at a restaurant. You dont tip a percent of what you win. $5, $10, $20 thats a really good tip for dealing a hand of poker. It doesnt matter if the chips you are pushing are worth $1 or $5,000.

Jonbonwolf, not new to poker or gambling. I have always given away more money than I should to poker and blackjack dealers. Same with going out and tipping waitstaff. I can have a $10 tab and tip $8-10 if I was hanging out and taking up space.With tipping a dealer I have always tried to give an amount that just felt right. If I won a $200 pot then I would toss a couple $1 chips. Not a professional or doing it for the money yet. Just play 1/2 or 2/5 to get better and have fun when I go to the card room with friends. Some day I am sure that will change if I ever play a bigger game. :club: I do see why I would not want to tip $500 if I won a $50k pot because the next big hand might cost me $40-50k and now I am short that $500. Sure it is the same with the small stakes but I don't treat it that way since it is such a small amount.(Hell...it is just money...we can't take it with us when we die so why not spread the wealth as long as i have some left to pay bills and eat.)Ed

• 4 weeks later...

red normally is 5 dollars.But if someone game you 100k to play and you won an 80k pot, yea, you might tip the guy 200 or something b/c you have probably never won an 80k pot. These guys do this day in and day out. 50k is 50k, its not a life changer to them or else they wouldnt play.

• 3 weeks later...

When you lose that $80k pot, does the dealer toss your previous tip back to you? No.You are playing with YOUR money, risking YOUR money, and the dealer is doing the same thing he would on a $1/2 game as on a $300/600 one.Five bucks is PLENTY at anything over $20/40 NL, any more and you are giving away your livelyhood.

in one of Antonio Esfandiaris articles in bluff magazine he said that the new pokertrek think-the poker with the monitor but not online poker-saves him like over 25k a year because of dealer tips

lets not forget Matusow tipped the delear $85 after busting out....tipping the delear....not caring about the money after he donked away almost $100k....same thing

• 1 month later...
in one of Antonio Esfandiaris articles in bluff magazine he said that the new pokertrek think-the poker with the monitor but not online poker-saves him like over 25k a year because of dealer tips
go collect your $5 if you have not done so yet.This post is worth it,
  • 4 weeks later...
antonio is a cheapskate, and that is an obvious exagerration.