95 members have voted

1. 1. Rounders Movie

• Yes, it was Rounders that got me interested in the game
    • No, wtf

Did everyone who started playing poker in the last few years do so after seeing rounders? It seems to be like a world wide poker phenomenom that got people playing the game, I started playing just over 3 years ago and it wasn't after seeing rounders but just gambling in general (sports). So I was jus interested how many guys actually began playing after watching the rounders movie??

Did everyone who started playing poker in the last few years do so after seeing rounders? It seems to be like a world wide poker phenomenom that got people playing the game, I started playing just over 3 years ago and it wasn't after seeing rounders but just gambling in general (sports). So I was jus interested how many guys actually began playing after watching the rounders movie??
You're assuming nobody had been playing poker before 1998 or is this just for people who started after then ?
You're assuming nobody had been playing poker before 1998 or is this just for people who started after then ?
The "in the last few years" part of the sentence was possibly there for something other than just filling up space.
The "in the last few years" part of the sentence was possibly there for something other than just filling up space.
Thanks for the witty response. I was asking the OP if he only cared for the answers of the newer players, or perhaps , MAYBE players other than the ones the "poker craze" has attracted. In any matter, your insightful responses make you an asset to FCP

I've never watched it. What got me into poker was when I was 13, I watched Scotty Ngyuen win the main event, and how much of a player he was about it.

I had always played poker, but it got me interested in playing hold em. Before "Rounders", we played dealer call-it, which was anywhere from progressive to dr. pepper.

It wasn't rounders as much as the advent of the hole cam popularizing poker that got me started playing regularly. I've played some form of poker since I was a knee high to a grasshopper, but with the explosion of the popularity of hold 'em came the opportunity to play more frequently and improve.

Please stop starting threads.
Red Pill, is that you ?

I watch Rounders on a monthly basis. I like to pretend I'm Mike when Petra makes a pass at him and instead of saying no I scream HELL YESSS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i the only one around here that doesn't really care for rounders all that much? in my opinion, just a completely mediocre movie in every way.anyway, my grandma taught me to play poker when i was like 5, so it wasnt rounders that got me to start playing.

am i the only one around here that doesn't really care for rounders all that much? in my opinion, just a completely mediocre movie in every way.
I couldn't agree w/ your statements any more. It's completely average in every way.
am i the only one around here that doesn't really care for rounders all that much? in my opinion, just a completely mediocre movie in every way.anyway, my grandma taught me to play poker when i was like 5, so it wasnt rounders that got me to start playing.
Don't let Matt Damon hear you say that !
I watch Rounders on a monthly basis. I like to pretend I'm Mike when Petra makes a pass at him and instead of saying no I scream HELL YESSS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's true, how could Mike reject her. She's hot.

For me, Rounders was the first true great poker movie for me. Prior to that, Maverick was good but Rounders was just so much better. And it's funny, I remember watching it in theatres and getting it on DVD as soon as it came out, and this movie was not that popular. To me, a movie with two great actors like Damon and Norton, how can you not like the movie?