Official English Premier League Thread

it's a season of ups and downs and backroom squabbles have generally effected a club's performance on the pitch. There was never a reason to get a rid of Mourinho and Grant's lack of tactics prevented a win in the League Cup and quite frankly added a few draws when they should've gotten 3 pts. I mean seriously, we're talking about the man of these genius tactics:avramgrantsnewformationft9.gif
Wow. Once again its his first season, he started in september with no time to get ready and all "mourihno" playersSo lets fire Cech as well, it was his fault for the Carling cup final too.His tactics against Arsenal were not good? He's beaten Arsenal Liverpool and Man United, while still trying to get a hold on the team.Man United have been the best team in the premiership, and they have had slip ups and draws and losses. Liverpool were the black beast of Chelsea the last 2 semi finals, he got the team over the hump. Once again, if you look at the league since Grant started he would be 1st.But the fact you think Chelsea got this far just through their players and nothing else makes argueing pretty pointless.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, tomorrow's predictions:Wigan 0-3 Man UtdChelsea 4-1 BoltonCome on, everyone who's been posting in this thread this season... get your exact scores in for the title race, see who can get them spot on.And relegation? Birmingham are the only team in the relegation battle playing at home tomorrow.. could they stay up?

Wigan 1-1 Man U(sorry had to be controversial)Chelsea 2-0 BoltonPortsmouth 1-1 Fulham .I think Fulham might pip it, I would be sad to see Reading go down

I think Fulham might pip it, I would be sad to see Reading go down
I'd like to have seen them stay up, but Coppell needed to buy a replacement for sidwell and he didn't and he kept on insisting on sticking with the players that won the championship two seasons ago. He needed to add some more substance to the club. A club can surprise for one season, but look at what happened to Ipswich when they didn't add what they needed to add for that second season in the prem a few years backif a club wants to stay up, they need to add more quality to their side to stay in the premedit: wow, and bolton equalize at the death
WHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GIGGSY SCORES AND SENDS IT HOME FOR US
lol I got confused and thought you were a chelsea fan, thats one of the reasons I was annoyed at your statements.Congrats to Man U. My dad is somewhere celebrating. Nice that Giggsy got the goal. Deserved Title.And kdawg, you said there was no Reason to sack Mourihno, which I agree, but he finished second with a few games to go last season, and only made it to the semi finals of the champs league. And they struggled at the start of the seaon.So Avram, finishing second on the same points and reaching the champs final, getting fired would be beyond ridiculous.Great seasonEdit: arrg Bolton 1:Chelsea 1

Goodbye Birmingham. Alex Mcleish, destroyer of decent teams, strikes again!And James I think I should be let out of our bet. I'll update my sig to 0-3 but seeing as you predicted 3-0 but were unwilling to take a bet on it should allow me to squeak out.

lol I got confused and thought you were a chelsea fan, thats one of the reasons I was annoyed at your statements.Congrats to Man U. My dad is somewhere celebrating. Nice that Giggsy got the goal. Deserved Title.And kdawg, you said there was no Reason to sack Mourihno, which I agree, but he finished second with a few games to go last season, and only made it to the semi finals of the champs league. And they struggled at the start of the seaon.So Avram, finishing second on the same points and reaching the champs final, getting fired would be beyond ridiculous.Great seasonEdit: arrg Bolton 1:Chelsea 1
avram won't get fired, he's wayyyyy too in the pocket and buddy buddy with Roman. He'd step down if anythingman, this sucks, I can't properly celebrate as I now have to spend the next 6 hours with my family and they don't drink
I can't properly celebrate as I now have to spend the next 6 hours with my family and they don't drink
BBFIDTS
And James I think I should be let out of our bet. I'll update my sig to 0-3 but seeing as you predicted 3-0 but were unwilling to take a bet on it should allow me to squeak out.
BBFIDTS

While we are all celebrating United winning the league lets not forget to take a minute to laugh at City's horrific final day performance :club::ts:D :D

Goodbye Birmingham. Alex Mcleish, destroyer of decent teams, strikes again!And James I think I should be let out of our bet. I'll update my sig to 0-3 but seeing as you predicted 3-0 but were unwilling to take a bet on it should allow me to squeak out.
LOL.. WHAT?? Our bet was very clear.Congrats to us, best team won the league. So pleased to see Giggs seal it. 10 titles.. complete legend.A win in Moscow now please :club:
While we are all celebrating United winning the league lets not forget to take a minute to laugh at City's horrific final day performance :club::ts:D :D
haha, yeah I couldn't believe that when I saw the scores.. what the hell happened? I'm gonna have to watch highlights of that shit.

Well done United, well deserved and a great touch to have Sir Bobby out there as Giggs lifted the trophy for his TENTH Premier League win, absolute legend.And also would like to say to Chelsea... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you classless chwating scummy ****ers! And looks likew Terrys outta the final in Russie hahaha.Congrats to Foolham for staying up too, truely the great escape.As for the mighty Yids, we had a horrible start to the season with off the pitch trouble leaving us in the relegation zone as Jol was finally sacked. But Super Juande Ramos came in and led us to cup glory at Wemberleeeee and got us into Europe next season.Should be an exciting offseason with Luka Modric already signed and talks ongoing with Etoo, will be a shame to see Berbatov go but I will hold no grudge as long as he goes overseas.

And also would like to say to Chelsea... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you classless chwating scummy ****ers! And looks likew Terrys outta the final in Russie hahaha.
???????? Chelsea played much better this season than anyone was expecting with Grant at the helm. Keep in mind that we missed the transfer season when the manager position changed hands, so all things considered it's very impressive that we gave Man Utd a run for their money. The "classless" people in this situation are the football 'fans' who seem to care more about insulting other teams than supporting their own. As a Chelsea fan I congratulate Man Utd on their achievement, and I hope we can regain some glory by taking down the Champions League. My mum is flying out to Moscow to watch the game, and it would be a shame if she travelled so far (and wasted so much money) in vain.
???????? Chelsea played much better this season than anyone was expecting with Grant at the helm. Keep in mind that we missed the transfer season when the manager position changed hands, so all things considered it's very impressive that we gave Man Utd a run for their money. The "classless" people in this situation are the football 'fans' who seem to care more about insulting other teams than supporting their own. As a Chelsea fan I congratulate Man Utd on their achievement, and I hope we can regain some glory by taking down the Champions League. My mum is flying out to Moscow to watch the game, and it would be a shame if she travelled so far (and wasted so much money) in vain.
Fully appreciate any fan who congratulates the 'other team' when they lose... that's the way it should be, so thanks.So, to return the favour, I'd also like to take this opportunity to pass on my sympathies to your mother for wasting her money.

See, I would say 'classless' is: Buying success instead of earning it, cheating whenever possible, pressuring referees on the field and off, hiring a bunch of mercenary players who care nothing for your club, claiming you're a big club when even Spurs have a bigger history than you, having Cashley Cole play for you, not even being able to sell out the tickets for a Cup Final at Weberley to your own fans lol, playing boring boring football to grind out results entertainment be damned...I wont go on im getting bored

See, I would say 'classless' is: Buying success instead of earning it, The first time Man U won the league under fergie, he broke the record for expensive transfers in the league cheating whenever possible, lol pressuring referees on the field and off, on field ok, they are bad, off field, ferguson is as bad or worse hiring a bunch of mercenary players who care nothing for your club, Thats just stupid. Ronaldo, Henry, Berbatov, Carrick are where they are because of love for the club? claiming you're a big club when even Spurs have a bigger history than you, Chelsea were always a big club, in the top 4/5. 2 league titles 2 Carling Cups and a FA Cup in 2/3 seasons = Big club IMOhaving Cashley Cole play for you,How dare they buy maybe the best left back in the world not even being able to sell out the tickets for a Cup Final at Weberley to your own fans lol, Don't know anything about this one playing boring boring football to grind out results entertainment be damned... Yawn and Mourihno not GrantI wont go on im getting bored, Thanks
See, I would say 'classless' is: Buying success instead of earning it, cheating whenever possible, pressuring referees on the field and off, hiring a bunch of mercenary players who care nothing for your club, claiming you're a big club when even Spurs have a bigger history than you, having Cashley Cole play for you, not even being able to sell out the tickets for a Cup Final at Weberley to your own fans lol, playing boring boring football to grind out results entertainment be damned...I wont go on im getting bored
Chelsea have earned their success. We won several FA Cups and the Charity Shield as well as many other trophies well before Abramovich came on the scene. It was under the leadership of Gullit and Vialli, and with an inexpensive team compared to the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd. The club has been around since 1905 with an extremely diverse history, and we've finished in the top 6 of the premiership every year for the last decade - how does that not constitute a 'big club'?Nowadays several of our best players are homegrown talents including our captain Terry, hardly a bunch of "hired mercenary players". You can't complain about Chelsea buying Ashley Cole as a supported of Man Utd, who bought Rooney - a much more controversial purchase, and far from a loyal player ("Once a blue, always a blue", right?). And by the way, 2 of the 3 most expensive premier league transfers were for Man Utd, so if you want to accuse Chelsea of buying success, you're saying the same about them.I'm not going to claim that our football has been particularly entertaining lately, but few players are entertaining these days. We've left the era of 'sexy football', it's just not in vogue right now. And in a game where the emphasis is on scoring goals rather than performing for the audience, I don't see what's wrong with doing what it takes to win even if that means less flicks and flourishes.You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and are making these criticisms of Chelsea because that's what the media tells you to do. Why don't you face the facts and make an original, unbiased opinion on Chelsea rather than spouting the same old 'Chelski' jibes?

Tbh anyone who accuses of a team "buying success" is argueing such a weak point. Football is based on money, just like business. It would be like saying microsoft bought success.

While we are all celebrating United winning the league lets not forget to take a minute to laugh at City's horrific final day performance :club::ts:D:D
seriously, we can't let this go unnoticed. 8-1 hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Chelsea have earned their success. We won several FA Cups and the Charity Shield as well as many other trophies well before Abramovich came on the scene. It was under the leadership of Gullit and Vialli, and with an inexpensive team compared to the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd. The club has been around since 1905 with an extremely diverse history, and we've finished in the top 6 of the premiership every year for the last decade - how does that not constitute a 'big club'?Nowadays several of our best players are homegrown talents including our captain Terry, hardly a bunch of "hired mercenary players". You can't complain about Chelsea buying Ashley Cole as a supported of Man Utd, who bought Rooney - a much more controversial purchase, and far from a loyal player ("Once a blue, always a blue", right?). And by the way, 2 of the 3 most expensive premier league transfers were for Man Utd, so if you want to accuse Chelsea of buying success, you're saying the same about them.I'm not going to claim that our football has been particularly entertaining lately, but few players are entertaining these days. We've left the era of 'sexy football', it's just not in vogue right now. And in a game where the emphasis is on scoring goals rather than performing for the audience, I don't see what's wrong with doing what it takes to win even if that means less flicks and flourishes.You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and are making these criticisms of Chelsea because that's what the media tells you to do. Why don't you face the facts and make an original, unbiased opinion on Chelsea rather than spouting the same old 'Chelski' jibes?
Ok, I see your point but seriously these are my own opinions. Noones given them to me but me.And I dont get why you think im a Manchester United supporter because im not, ill give you a hint tho as to who i do support. Theres quite a large photo of the team right below this post.THe point I made about Chelsea buying success is as opposed to the great Manchester United teams who make their own talent from their football academies such as Scholes, Giggs, G. Neville etc as opposed to Chelsea who just splash their owners cash on other clubs productions.Which brings me to my second reason for stating Chelsea buy success. Their money for transfers and players wages does not come from the finances of the club, it comes out of their billionaire owners pocket. Setting aside the 100's of millions of dollars hes spent on transfer fees for your club, he supports the wage budget too out of his own pocket. ie You couldnt even pay your players wages if he didnt top up the finances peroidically out of his own pocket.That is no way to run a football club, it is his (Abramovichs) personal fantasy team and when he loses interest/putin arrests him/kgb poison him/whatever how will the club survive with players like Ballack and Shevchenko on 120,000 pound a week wages!Then as a opposing model, look at what youve probably figured out is my team by now, Tottenham Hotspur. We are known as the big spenders of 'the rest', the not Big Four teams, but every single penny of our transfer fees and player wages comes from cashflow generated by the club, and only by the club. We have a billionaire owner too (Joe Lewis) but he doesnt need to inject one cent into the club to sustain our spending or wages. Which is ofcourse helped by our youth system which has produced players for the first team such as King, Campbell, Ohara, and Pekhart.ps. Im sorry for offending you with my earlier posts, I get a little emotional when watching football.
Ok, I see your point but seriously these are my own opinions. Noones given them to me but me.And I dont get why you think im a Manchester United supporter because im not, ill give you a hint tho as to who i do support. Theres quite a large photo of the team right below this post.THe point I made about Chelsea buying success is as opposed to the great Manchester United teams who make their own talent from their football academies such as Scholes, Giggs, G. Neville etc as opposed to Chelsea who just splash their owners cash on other clubs productions.Which brings me to my second reason for stating Chelsea buy success. Their money for transfers and players wages does not come from the finances of the club, it comes out of their billionaire owners pocket. Setting aside the 100's of millions of dollars hes spent on transfer fees for your club, he supports the wage budget too out of his own pocket. ie You couldnt even pay your players wages if he didnt top up the finances peroidically out of his own pocket.That is no way to run a football club, it is his (Abramovichs) personal fantasy team and when he loses interest/putin arrests him/kgb poison him/whatever how will the club survive with players like Ballack and Shevchenko on 120,000 pound a week wages!Then as a opposing model, look at what youve probably figured out is my team by now, Tottenham Hotspur. We are known as the big spenders of 'the rest', the not Big Four teams, but every single penny of our transfer fees and player wages comes from cashflow generated by the club, and only by the club. We have a billionaire owner too (Joe Lewis) but he doesnt need to inject one cent into the club to sustain our spending or wages. Which is ofcourse helped by our youth system which has produced players for the first team such as King, Campbell, Ohara, and Pekhart.ps. Im sorry for offending you with my earlier posts, I get a little emotional when watching football.
This post kind of bewilders me, because everything you say I have already refuted in my previous post1. We do have homegrown talent, look at Joe Cole and John Terry for evidence.2. Man Utd have bought in loads of expensive players, "other clubs productions" as you called them.3. You're saying Spurs has a billionaire owner who doesn't invest any money in the club? That's ridiculous. Of course he puts his own money in, otherwise what would be the point in owning it? I doubt you have an indepth knowledge of where the money comes from and what its spent on in every league team, so stop talking out of your ass and pretending to know everything.4. I wasn't saying you are a Man Utd fan, I was saying that you are supporting them to win against Chelsea (both in the league and Champions league), but the criticisms you make of Chelsea could all be said for Man Utd, so there's no reason why you should prefer them and insult us.Enough said.