Official English Premier League Thread

Manchesters games West Ham WiganChelsea games Newcastle BoltonChelsea definitely have a tougher job, Newcastle are in form and at home, Bolton have started playing and are fighting to stay up. Even if they win both Man U can still easily beat the two

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchesters games West Ham WiganChelsea games Newcastle BoltonChelsea definitely have a tougher job, Newcastle are in form and at home, Bolton have started playing and are fighting to stay up. Even if they win both Man U can still easily beat the two
I'm honestly not so sure, Uniteds recent record against West Ham is sketchy to say the least and im actually not feeling too confident about the end of this season for us. What a time to hit bad form eh?

Fergie knows what he's doing.It's easy to criticize the selections... If they hadn't equalized with 5 mins to go we'd be saying what a masterstroke he played by changing the team. Stamford Bridge is a tough place to go. And there's nothing you can do about injuries, we're just getting a little unlucky right now with them.United will win the League, I guarantee it, but at least it makes it a little more interesting now.

Fergie knows what he's doing.It's easy to criticize the selections... If they hadn't equalized with 5 mins to go we'd be saying what a masterstroke he played by changing the team. Stamford Bridge is a tough place to go. And there's nothing you can do about injuries, we're just getting a little unlucky right now with them.United will win the League, I guarantee it, but at least it makes it a little more interesting now.
Hmmm, not so sure people would call it a master stroke. It is similar to the 1st leg vs Barca. Man Utd get praise for a great defensive performance after offering nothing in attack. Had Barca scored it would have been a different story. Chelsea got their winner and Man Utd get criticised for their poor attacking play which this time couldn't be masked by good defending.Granted the Bridge is a very difficult place to visit but do you honestly believe Man Utd deserved anything other than 0 points? If it hadn't been for Carvalho's error United wouldn't have scored. Fact. They were very poor and Chelsea, so often criticised for anti-football, outplayed them in every area of the pitch.

We've set such high standards all season, playing great football, we're top of the league and we're very clearly the best team in the Premiership. One sub-par performance doesn't change that.All this does is give Chelsea fans false hope, which is fine. I hope everyone realizes that Fergie will be shoving a rocket up all their arses after this... they will NOT lose another game this season. 4 wins... Guaranteed.

Nani and Anderson, while young, are vastly overrated imo.
Also, I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculous thing to say. This is their FIRST season at United (and the Premiership). You could hardly ask for a better first season from the pair of them. Anderson has established himself as one of the best midfielders in the Prem and Nani, who has not been first choice and hasn't started too many games, has been a fantastic option for us, scored and set-up some very important goals for us too. Remember Ronaldo's first season? He was a long long way off the finished article, was called a 'one trick pony' and was far from a team player.Come on LBJ, stop kicking us when we're down! One result... sheesh.
Also, I'm sorry, but this is a ridiculous thing to say. This is their FIRST season at United (and the Premiership). You could hardly ask for a better first season from the pair of them. Anderson has established himself as one of the best midfielders in the Prem and Nani, who has not been first choice and hasn't started too many games, has been a fantastic option for us, scored and set-up some very important goals for us too. Remember Ronaldo's first season? He was a long long way off the finished article, was called a 'one trick pony' and was far from a team player.Come on LBJ, stop kicking us when we're down! One result... sheesh.
Are you freaking kidding me!? Anderson has not established himself at all! Name me one game where he has looked a cut above the other 21 players on the pitch. He hasn't looked dynamic, can't tackle, doesn't seem to be able to pick a pass and hasn't scored.Nani, I'm willing to give a bit more time to, based on what you pointed out about Ronaldo. If Nani can concentrate more on playing good football rather than trying to get on Soccer AM's showboat he might prove to be worthwhile. But right now I'm putting them in Kleberson, Djemba quality signings.And one result it may be. But it will be the result that comes back to haunt you if this season goes tits up.
Are you freaking kidding me!? Anderson has not established himself at all! Name me one game where he has looked a cut above the other 21 players on the pitch. He hasn't looked dynamic, can't tackle, doesn't seem to be able to pick a pass and hasn't scored.Nani, I'm willing to give a bit more time to, based on what you pointed out about Ronaldo. If Nani can concentrate more on playing good football rather than trying to get on Soccer AM's showboat he might prove to be worthwhile. But right now I'm putting them in Kleberson, Djemba quality signings.And one result it may be. But it will be the result that comes back to haunt you if this season goes tits up.
James was a little over the top, but Anderson has looked great in a lot of matches. You can't have been watching closely if you haven't seen quality in his game.Nani has been more hit and miss, but has still shown glimpses of real class and potential. He's still very raw and thinks he's better than he is, but when he calms down a bit he will be a good player.
Now you really are joking here?? You must be!? How can you put them in the same breath as those two?Anderson has seriously impressed this season. As has Nani... I think you're forgetting most of United's performances this season, and looking at one game against Chelsea. I'm almost speechless that you've said that actually.There's been many many games that Anderson has excelled in. One that I remember most clearly immediately was the 4-0 hammering of Arsenal in the FA Cup. He completely ran that game.Anyway, of course if we lose the league, we'll look at that game as the decider. BUT, what a position we got ourselves into... the privelege of being able to lose against our main rivals, and still have the league in our own hands.The double is ours now. I can sense it.

Right OK, the Djemba, Kleberson comment was just to wind you up. But I really don't see what you guys see in Anderson. He seems to ride through games on everyone else's coat-tails. And being young/raw shouldn't be a an excuse. Look at Messi, he's looked the real deal ever sice he first came on the scene.And so what if these boys can do the job against Wigan, Bolton, Fulham? It's the big games where these players should be judged. Against Arsenal (and not Arsenal Jr in the cups) Chelsea, Liverpool and in Europe. And the fact of the matter is Manchester Utd's young players haven't done that. I'm not saying they never will but this season they haven't impressed me. Hell, even Ronaldo doesn't show it against the biggest teams. And by biggest I mean AC Milan last season. Kaka won that duel and Barca last week. Posted missing after his penalty miss and Messi was the worldclass talent on display.

Anderson is quality.He has faded in some crucial matches, but is definitely one for the future.I seen him send a 30 yard pass without looking in a busy midfield.Anyway, I'm happy with the season, Newcastle were going 14 games with only 1 point and now we look like we can atleast regain our familiar old position of 13th. Our manager can't get sacked cos its King Kev, so finally some stability. Of course he will walk out on us in a year or two.the premiership title is still up for grabs with two games leftArsenal were amazing for most of the season after being predicted they would fall apart. Man U had one of the worst starts to the premiership ever, and are close to champions.Mourihno left, and got replaced by some guy. Who I love.Tottenham were up and down entertaining.Portsmouth are in the FA cup Final.The relegation battle has been great.2 games to go with not one important position decided bottom or top of the league. And 3 more champions league matches.Amazing season

Right OK, the Djemba, Kleberson comment was just to wind you up. But I really don't see what you guys see in Anderson. He seems to ride through games on everyone else's coat-tails. And being young/raw shouldn't be a an excuse. Look at Messi, he's looked the real deal ever sice he first came on the scene.And so what if these boys can do the job against Wigan, Bolton, Fulham? It's the big games where these players should be judged. Against Arsenal (and not Arsenal Jr in the cups) Chelsea, Liverpool and in Europe. And the fact of the matter is Manchester Utd's young players haven't done that. I'm not saying they never will but this season they haven't impressed me. Hell, even Ronaldo doesn't show it against the biggest teams. And by biggest I mean AC Milan last season. Kaka won that duel and Barca last week. Posted missing after his penalty miss and Messi was the worldclass talent on display.
To be fair, I can't ever remember an attacking player having a great game when his teammates weren't helping. You put Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Henry, Drogba, van Nistelrooy or any of the great attacking players in that United team against Chelsea/Milan, and they are very rarely going to shine.If you switch it so Barca were as defensive and United were adventurous, Messi would have been lost. As it was, United sat back and allowed him to pass it around. He had space to move into, and he had teammates dragging defenders around. He had outlets, and he had players passing to him.The only times Ronaldo got the ball he was on his own against several players with no support. Even so, he should have won a second penalty. When your team is attacking constantly and have 2/3 of the possession it's easier to get on the ball and create things. That said, Messi didn't really do too much. He had some nice flicks, but never anything special imo.One other thing - comparing Anderson/Nani to Messi is hardly fair, because the English league is much tougher to adapt to than the Spanish league. Messi has learnt his trade playing in Barca's reserves for 2-3 years. Nani/Anderson have been thrown in at the deep end and have done surprisingly well.

So, it's coming down to the last game of the season...To be fair to Chelsea, they've done well to keep up with us and will certainly be worthy runners up.Wigan 0-3 Man Utd - Then on to Moscow!

So, it's coming down to the last game of the season...To be fair to Chelsea, they've done well to keep up with us and will certainly be worthy runners up.Wigan 0-3 Man Utd - Then on to Moscow!
LJ if you are considering a bet, at least get some sort of odds or something
LJ if you are considering a bet, at least get some sort of odds or something
Could I face going 0-3? How could I look at my friends and family again?I'm always game for a gambool. I'd like to see what James comes up with?Odds from Hills for Champions League: Man Utd 13/10 Chelsea 9/5. Too close to call.For Premiership: Man Utd 1/7 Chelsea 4/1
Could I face going 0-3? How could I look at my friends and family again?I'm always game for a gambool. I'd like to see what James comes up with?Odds from Hills for Champions League: Man Utd 13/10 Chelsea 9/5. Too close to call.For Premiership: Man Utd 1/7 Chelsea 4/1
Well yea the champions league is a fair bet. But you would need some insurance for the premiership.Drogba will score the winner in the champs league btw
chelsea have been on fire in 08 in spite of grant, still, I would be utterly shocked if we lost to wigan and that will propel us forward to taking home our third european cup/champions league trophy
I'm always game for a gambool. I'd like to see what James comes up with?
Weeeeeee!Ok, Premiership bet first (last of the season :club: )... I bet Man Utd beat Wigan by 2 or more clear goals. I reckon that's kinda like giving odds (rather than just saying we'll win), so it's pretty fair.We can have another one for the Champs League later.But, if you take the bet and Utd win by 2 or more, you have to change your avatar to this for a week:manutd6.jpg... and update your sig scoreline along with the sentence 'I'd go gay for Gary Neville'I'll leave it up to you for what happens if I lose the bet.
chelsea have been on fire in 08 in spite of grant, still, I would be utterly shocked if we lost to wigan and that will propel us forward to taking home our third european cup/champions league trophy
wow. sorry but thats such a stupid commentHes taken over a side that were struggling, none of his players, a huge amount of pressure and now they are actually on the same points as Man United and in the champions league final. If you looked at the league from when Grant took over, they would be first.Its an absolute joke that he might not get a chance for a proper season, with pre-season training and a chance to bring in his own players
wow. sorry but thats such a stupid commentHes taken over a side that were struggling, none of his players, a huge amount of pressure and now they are actually on the same points as Man United and in the champions league final. If you looked at the league from when Grant took over, they would be first.Its an absolute joke that he might not get a chance for a proper season, with pre-season training and a chance to bring in his own players
um, no, it's not a stupid comment. Pretty much any chelsea fan would say that Grant's tactics are about as good as Keegan's. Chelsea are just performing how they should considering the talent on that squad
um, no, it's not a stupid comment. Pretty much any chelsea fan would say that Grant's tactics are about as good as Keegan's. Chelsea are just performing how they should considering the talent on that squad
So when Chelsea were doing well under Mourinho, "The Special One" was a genius?Chelsea do well under Grant and it's all down to the players?Gotta be fair KDawg, the man has done very well. I don't expect to see him on the bench next season but he's put forward a very strong case.
Weeeeeee!Ok, Premiership bet first (last of the season :club: )... I bet Man Utd beat Wigan by 2 or more clear goals. I reckon that's kinda like giving odds (rather than just saying we'll win), so it's pretty fair.We can have another one for the Champs League later.But, if you take the bet and Utd win by 2 or more, you have to change your avatar to this for a week:... and update your sig scoreline along with the sentence 'I'd go gay for Gary Neville'I'll leave it up to you for what happens if I lose the bet.
Dear sweet Jesus. You sir, are a twisted, yet brilliant individual. How about 3 clear goals? And I'll have to get back to you on your forfeit. I'm still laughing at my potential sig!
Dear sweet Jesus. You sir, are a twisted, yet brilliant individual. How about 3 clear goals? And I'll have to get back to you on your forfeit. I'm still laughing at my potential sig!
I can't go 3 clear goals... tell you what though, I'll go 2 clear goals, but also that Man Utd won't concede. So, essentially, I'm betting on 2-0 + If Wigan score, you win whatever the scoreline. Actually, I think that's a very good bet for you and I've given you the edge in this one but hey, it's the last game of the season, and if Utd win, I won't mind too much if I lose that!
I can't go 3 clear goals... tell you what though, I'll go 2 clear goals, but also that Man Utd won't concede. So, essentially, I'm betting on 2-0 + If Wigan score, you win whatever the scoreline. Actually, I think that's a very good bet for you and I've given you the edge in this one but hey, it's the last game of the season, and if Utd win, I won't mind too much if I lose that!
You're a fair man. I still don't know why I'm taking this. Maybe there is part of me that wants Gary Neville!Booked. Man Utd will not beat Wigan by 2 goals and without Wigan scoring. Emile Heskey one time!And your punishment shall be a sig of "Manchester United did not deserve the Premiership in 2008". Kind of annoying whether or not you lot win the league. And this homo-erotic avatar:232558590_e884cba3f7_o.jpg
So when Chelsea were doing well under Mourinho, "The Special One" was a genius?Chelsea do well under Grant and it's all down to the players?Gotta be fair KDawg, the man has done very well. I don't expect to see him on the bench next season but he's put forward a very strong case.
it's a season of ups and downs and backroom squabbles have generally effected a club's performance on the pitch. There was never a reason to get a rid of Mourinho and Grant's lack of tactics prevented a win in the League Cup and quite frankly added a few draws when they should've gotten 3 pts. I mean seriously, we're talking about the man of these genius tactics:avramgrantsnewformationft9.gif