Christianity And The Theory Of Evolution By Natural Selection

Jesus is not God, Jesus is just Jesus, the Son of God.
You're so ignorant, how can you even consider yourself Christian with that belief.God is Jesus, Jesus is God, Holy spirit gets thrown in there and tada, you've got the trinity. The basis of Christian faith is the trinity. A monotheism, one God. You can worship him as three seperate beings, do whatever you want; but that technically is not a Christian practice.
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're so ignorant, how can you even consider yourself Christian with that belief.God is Jesus, Jesus is God, Holy spirit gets thrown in there and tada, you've got the trinity. The basis of Christian faith is the trinity. A monotheism, one God. You can worship him as three seperate beings, do whatever you want; but that technically is not a Christian practice.
Try and back it up with scripture. One Lord, One faith, One Baptism- that is the basis of christianity. Christianity is in no way based on the idea that the 3 are one- false christianity could be I suppose, but as far as I know there basis for christianity is belief only saves, which is scriptually incorrect as well.
The Bible is the written Word of God, meant for anyone who wishes to read and come into the light, not just Christians. And this is not a grammatical error nor is it misconstrued. The entire paragraph is referring to Jesus. There is mountains of evidence for the Trinity. You just can't accept in your blindness. Do you think people just pulled it out of thin air? It is Christian doctrine A vast majority of the world's Christians, except for a few cults, believe in the Trinity. Many many brilliant people much smarter than you or I have spent their lives studying the Bible and the Trinity. You just don't get it. You can't be the only begotten Son of God and not be God.
I am my dads only son. I am not my dad. That seems pretty simple to me. Mountains? Where? All you have done is produce one highly suspect scripture, and I have produced at least 20 throughout this thread with Jesus himself reffering to God as something other than, and sometimes higher than, him. You point of highly eduacated blah blah blah is completely invalid- the bible is so simple even a fool cannot therein, yet you have legions of false doctrine with " the highly edaucated" running the show. Many will claim they knew him in the end and he will say, depart from me, I never knew you. Many- not a few. You can almost make the blanket statement that pretty much anything mainstream is false, because it's geared for the masses, and the masses want lies, they want smooth, they want what's easy and what sells. We actually have a thread from a guy that's a "christian" yet want's to indulge his love of kicking *** in a ring. You really think anyomne is telling him truth at his church? No- they tell him Jesus loves, give us your money and let's keep butts in the seat.
I am my dads only son. I am not my dad.
We are all God's children, but Jesus is God's only begotten Son. Therefore, he has some God in Him. So, He is part God. You can't be part God, so he is all God.Other things that we have in our everyday lives that are triune is water. Water is one substance but can be liquid, gas, and solid. The following quote is from the late Dr. Walter Martin: "It is a well-known fact of chemistry that plain water, when placed in a vacuum under 230 millimeters of gas pressure and at a temperature of 0 degrees Centigrade, solidifies into ice at the bottom of the container, remains liquid in the center and vaporizes at the top! At a given instant the same water is both solid, liquid and gas, yet all three are manifestations of the same basic substance or nature: H2O - hydrogen: two parts; oxygen: one. If one of the simplest of all created substances can be three in manifested form and yet remain one in nature, then the Creator of that substance can surely be Father, Son and Holy Spirit - three Persons and one Nature - without any violation of logic or reason whatever if He so wills." If an egg, a peach, and water can have three distinct things and all be one at the same time, than the Almighty should have no problem. The word Trinity is way of explaining the belief in one God revealed through three distinct persons. Some people get all hung up on the issue of the Bible teaching there is only one God. No where does the Bible state God is only one person, but it does say God is one in Deuteronomy 6:4. The word for one there is the Hebrew word Echad, which means a composite unity. For examples of this consider Genesis 1:5, Genesis 2:24, Ezra 2:64, Ezekiel 37:17 where the same Hebrew word Echad is used and means one in unity, not in number! The Bible teaches there is one Church but many members and there is no problems with understanding this, yet when it comes to God some seem to have problems.

The prophet knew that Jesus was God and wrote about him 700 years before.c/p The prophet Zecharial. was very much aware of this teaching of a King to sit on the throne of David in the last years, because Zechariah declared such in this manner:Scripture: ‘And the Lord shall be King over all the earth:in that day shall there be one Lord, and His name one.” Zech. 14:9.This verse of Scripture refers to Jesus Christ, Who is also Jehovah. He is also as much God as the Father and the Holy Spirit are, but yet He will have a particular position of authority in the ‘Last Days,” because He will reign over all the earth during the Millennial Kingdom as King of Kings and Lord of lords.Writing 700 years before Christ’s First Coming, Isaiah declared in unmistakable, clarion tones that a great phenomenon would eventually take place, and it would be that a virgin woman would bear a son.Scripture: "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign;Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall callHis name Immanuel.” Isa. 7:14.This verse of Scripture refers exclusively to one Virgin woman and one virgin-born child. It applies in an absolute, definite manner to the virgin-born Messiah, Iminanuel (God with us).Who was yet to come some 700 years in the future at Isaiah’s writing. This “Immanuel” was the One wh0 would some day occupy the throne of David in the future Millennial KingdomThe Apostle Paul tells us about circumstances near the close of the Millennial Reign of righteousness in this manner:"For He hath put all things under His feet. But when He (GOD) saith all things are put under Him (Christ), it is manifest that He (God) is excepted, which did put all things under Him (Christ)."And when all things shall be subdued unto Him (Christ), then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him (God) that put all things under Him (Christ). that God may be all in all." I Cor. 15:24-28.You guys are too fast (mentally) and web wise for a ole slow dial upper.

We are all God's children, but Jesus is God's only begotten Son. Therefore, he has some God in Him. So, He is part God. You can't be part God, so he is all God.Other things that we have in our everyday lives that are triune is water. Water is one substance but can be liquid, gas, and solid. The following quote is from the late Dr. Walter Martin: "It is a well-known fact of chemistry that plain water, when placed in a vacuum under 230 millimeters of gas pressure and at a temperature of 0 degrees Centigrade, solidifies into ice at the bottom of the container, remains liquid in the center and vaporizes at the top! At a given instant the same water is both solid, liquid and gas, yet all three are manifestations of the same basic substance or nature: H2O - hydrogen: two parts; oxygen: one. If one of the simplest of all created substances can be three in manifested form and yet remain one in nature, then the Creator of that substance can surely be Father, Son and Holy Spirit - three Persons and one Nature - without any violation of logic or reason whatever if He so wills." If an egg, a peach, and water can have three distinct things and all be one at the same time, than the Almighty should have no problem. The word Trinity is way of explaining the belief in one God revealed through three distinct persons. Some people get all hung up on the issue of the Bible teaching there is only one God. No where does the Bible state God is only one person, but it does say God is one in Deuteronomy 6:4. The word for one there is the Hebrew word Echad, which means a composite unity. For examples of this consider Genesis 1:5, Genesis 2:24, Ezra 2:64, Ezekiel 37:17 where the same Hebrew word Echad is used and means one in unity, not in number! The Bible teaches there is one Church but many members and there is no problems with understanding this, yet when it comes to God some seem to have problems.
I am part of my Dad, yet I am not my dad. That cannot be disputed. God calls Jesus his Son- he calls himself the Son of God. He refers to himself as sitting on the right hand of God, a seperate being. I dont' get all hung up on one God- I just accept it, and don't bother with people who twist the word to try and hold up an ideaolagy that states that Jesus can't be part of God but not be God. I would say that God is equaly quite able to pull that off to. Your way makes assumptions outside of scripture to start, mine doesn't. That's the beauty of it.
I am part of my Dad, yet I am not my dad. That cannot be disputed. God calls Jesus his Son- he calls himself the Son of God. He refers to himself as sitting on the right hand of God, a seperate being. I dont' get all hung up on one God- I just accept it, and don't bother with people who twist the word to try and hold up an ideaolagy that states that Jesus can't be part of God but not be God. I would say that God is equaly quite able to pull that off to. Your way makes assumptions outside of scripture to start, mine doesn't. That's the beauty of it.
Ah, so you agree, Jesus is part of God. If is part God, if he is any God, then he is all God. He is God. Otherwise, if, as you say, he is a seperate being, then (by your logic) there would be two Gods, which the Bible tells is is not so. Think about it- God could not possibly beget a son that IS NOT Him. You say God can "pull this off"..,but how? And, why is it not explained in the Bible?Also, where does it say in scripture that you cannot make assumptions outside of scripture? Hmm, sounds like an assumption outside of scripture to me...Again I ask you Lois, do you not worship Jesus?
But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God. - Galations 4:4-7In this specific excerpt, if you fully read the first sentence, it is easily a mention towards Jesus and God being one being. Jesus, the Son, is the "redeeming" essence of God himself. This redeeming essence was exposed to what we were exposed to (Law, life) so that we would be given the gift of "adoption as sons" (through redemption [sp?])to the Lord. God also sent another part of himself, the "yearning" essence, referred to as, the Spirit. The Spirit is God's everlasting connection with humanity. The Father, the Son, and the Spirit, are all one.There are so many more references; even from the Old Testament.
But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God. - Galations 4:4-7In this specific excerpt, if you fully read the first sentence, it is easily a mention towards Jesus and God being one being. Jesus, the Son, is the "redeeming" essence of God himself. This redeeming essence was exposed to what we were exposed to (Law, life) so that we would be given the gift of "adoption as sons" (through redemption [sp?])to the Lord. God also sent another part of himself, the "yearning" essence, referred to as, the Spirit. The Spirit is God's everlasting connection with humanity. The Father, the Son, and the Spirit, are all one.There are so many more references; even from the Old Testament.
Booooorrreeeddd. With everything biblical pointing toward seperate entities no way you could possibly convince me of this idea. To many signs point to no than yes. I will stick with my understanding thank you. Good day, fellas.
You still have not responded to my post, Lois. Just skipped it because you can't answer?
I have answered it again and again- I worship the one and only God. Like I said, I grow bored. It's a sad day when I find a debate about Ultimate fighting more fulfilling then this, but I do. Should I say it again, in caps? I WORSHIP GOD, I do not and have not ever worshipped his son. Ever. Not once. And, don't plan on it.
I do not and have not ever worshipped his son. Ever. Not once. And, don't plan on it.
Oops.Mathew 14:31-3331And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. 33Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God. Hebrews 1:5-65For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Oops.Mathew 14:31-3331And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. 33Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God. Hebrews 1:5-65For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? 6And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
What is this saying exactly? That I should worship Jesus? No. It's an instance where he preformed a miracle and he was worshiped for it- just as when Travis Pastrana busted that Double back flip at the X Games- I jumped out of bed and yelled " Hell, yeah!!" and bowed down. That's not even a tenth of what we are talking about here, but you get the point. Jesus commanded us to worship God and to believe in him. Worshiping Jesus was never a requirement. As usual, you have proven nothing AND ,managed to throw in another scripture that says that Jesus is the son of God, and another one that mentions him as Gods firstborn, once again differentiating between God and Christ. Good job. And, Oops. :club:

Wow you are so blinded. That's okay, keep writing off all of the scripture and keep on keepin on. Oh, and about the firstborn thing...Jesus is called ‘the firstborn of every creature’ (Colossians 1:15). However, in Jewish imagery, ‘firstborn’ means ‘having the rights and special privileges belonging to the eldest child’. It refers to pre-eminence in rank more than to priority in time. This can be shown in passages where the term ‘firstborn’ is used of the pre-eminent son who was not the eldest, e.g. Psalm 89:27, where David is called ‘firstborn’ although he was actually the youngest son.‘Firstborn’ does not mean ‘first created’; the Greek for the latter is protoktisis, while firstborn is prototokos. In fact, the verses after Colossians 1:15 show that Christ Himself is the creator of all things.Jesus is Son of God. From this, some cults try to show that Jesus is somehow less than God. But in Jewish imagery, ‘the son of’ often meant ‘of the order of’ or ‘having the very nature of’. For example, ‘sons of the prophets’ meant ‘of the order of prophets’ (1 Kings 20:35); ‘sons of the singers’ meant ‘of the order of singers’ (Nehemiah 12:28). Jesus’ Jewish contemporaries understood that He was claiming to be God, which is why they wanted to kill him for blasphemy (John 19:7).Jesus is the ‘only-begotten Son’ (John 3:16). The Greek word translated ‘only-begotten’ is monogenes, which means ‘unique, ‘one of a kind’. Jesus is the unique Son of God, because he is God by His very nature (see above). Believers in Him become ‘sons of God’ by adoption (Galatians 3:26–4:7).This is shown in the human realm by Hebrews 11:17, where Isaac is called Abraham’s ‘only begotten son’. Abraham had other sons, but Isaac was the unique son of the Abrahamic Covenant (Genesis chapters 15–18, 20), born when his parents were old.

Don't let me forget..Romans 10:7-147Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. He is called ‘Lord’ (Romans 10:9) where ‘Lord’ (kurios) is a translation of the Old Testament Yahweh (= God) (Romans 10:13 cites Joel 2:32 which makes this clear)

Do you ever sleep?
Nope. Sleep is the cousin of death. That was my old sig :club:
Don't let me forget..Romans 10:7-147Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. He is called ‘Lord’ (Romans 10:9) where ‘Lord’ (kurios) is a translation of the Old Testament Yahweh (= God) (Romans 10:13 cites Joel 2:32 which makes this clear)Nope. Sleep is the cousin of death. That was my old sig :club:
Lord was also a title given to Kings, rulers, and any sort of person you may give respect to.( Lord Vader comes to mind.) You can't tell me that anytime the word Lord was used they meant that the person was God- it's just not true. Sometimes, in scripture- and I pointed this out before- you have to know to understand. I know that there is only one God, because I never bothered to manipulate, translate and retranslate- I just read, and when I see him being reffered to as Lord I realize that it's a title of respect, and not calling him God, based on the knowledge that he is not God, and for me it's very clear. You, however, have been muddled with a bit and need to find something, anything to prove yoour point, so you produce this. Then I go.. In the beginning he talked to others- why would he talk to himself? This is my son in whom I am well pleased- why would he talk to himself? Why would Jesus consistently refer to God as father and himself as Son, extremely consistently, and always give the glory to God in what he did, and not himself? Why, in the garden did he say "But not my will but thine be done.." if what was being done was actually by him and was in all actuality his will? And pointing out these extremely easy to understand, straight forward scriptures that even a fool couldn't screw up I know that I am on the right track.Oh,yeah, and get some sleep.
OMFG I LOST TO FLACK_ATTACK AND TENACIOUSME IN AN ARGUMENT
You realize everything you've said is your opinion. Why would God give the 10 commandments, saying there is only one God, no other gods before Him while sending his redeeming self to the world (As Jesus) and tell you to worship him.Jesus is God.God is Jesus.Stop arguing with opinion, you've lost, you're arrogant, and you won't accept defeat.
You realize everything you've said is your opinion. Why would God give the 10 commandments, saying there is only one God, no other gods before Him while sending his redeeming self to the world (As Jesus) and tell you to worship him.Jesus is God.God is Jesus.Stop arguing with opinion, you've lost, you're arrogant, and you won't accept defeat.
I gave a list of 4 questions and that was your answer? Incredibly weak, which I expect from you. Thankfully I know that Flack will bring it with some intelligence behind it. One God, no other God's before him- thanks for further illustrating my point. I find that many times, people who have no idea what they are speaking for or about often times find themselves helping out the other side. Congratulations, you are now my wife.
thanks for further illustrating my point. I
It burned your point. God is saying worship Jesus. He says that multiple times in multiple versus; he wouldn't axe his commandment, he's perfect.You're also arrogant enough to provide undefended and unjustified antithesis'.