Christianity And The Theory Of Evolution By Natural Selection

1) That's because Jesus is not a god. According to the Q'uran, he is merely a prophet. I can back this fact up with many quotes. Also, Islam has no motivation to lie about Jesus. According to the Bible, he is a god. You can back this up with many quotes. What's the point of doing so?2) Your Tiger Woods analogy isn't apt. Both books discuss Jesus heavily, and it really comes down to what you believe, not which book has more sentences about him.Thanks you for addressing my points though. I appreciate it.
I will say this- Jesus never biblically claimed to be a God, just the son of. As far as him just being a prophet, that's where the Quran is incorrect.
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this- Jesus never biblically claimed to be a God, just the son of. As far as him just being a prophet, that's where the Quran is incorrect.
This is incorrect. He says 'I Am' and the Jews that were around clearly took this as him saying he was God, as the Bible explains.
This is incorrect. He says 'I Am' and the Jews that were around clearly took this as him saying he was God, as the Bible explains.
The why would God look down from heaven and say " This is my son in who I am well pleased. " Or, go to KJV and search the phrase my father- how many times does Jesus refer to his father? Jesus was not God- when asked when he would return he said he didn't know, only his father did. If he was God, wouldn't he know as well?
The why would God look down from heaven and say " This is my son in who I am well pleased. " Or, go to KJV and search the phrase my father- how many times does Jesus refer to his father? Jesus was not God- when asked when he would return he said he didn't know, only his father did. If he was God, wouldn't he know as well?
I'm speechless.

just a tidbit of historical contextWhen a jewish person would say something like "I am my Father are one" he meant that he and his Father were considered equals. So while the quotes from Jesus never specifically say "I am God" with how He is quoted we know that is exactly how those listening would have understood it based on what He said.

just a tidbit of historical contextWhen a jewish person would say something like "I am my Father are one" he meant that he and his Father were considered equals. So while the quotes from Jesus never specifically say "I am God" with how He is quoted we know that is exactly how those listening would have understood it based on what He said.
No, we don't- it needs to be understood that way to make the trinity work. Who do we pray to? God. Who takes our prayers to God, intercedes on our behalf? Christ. They are 2 seperate entities. In the beginning when he is creating man and he says "Let us make man in our image" are we saying that God talks to himself? Anyway, do the search like I said and see for yourself how many times he refers to his father in heaven- Jesus was not God. Some scripture:Matt.7[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.Matt.1032] Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.Matt.1250] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.Matt.24[36] But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. That's only a few. This would take at least an hour. Braveheart said he was speechless- yeah, me too. I have no idea where you guys are coming from. He specifically again and again refers to his father as something else somehwhere else, how can you miss that?
I'm speechless.
That's nice. It doesn't answer my question one bit, but it's nice. So, answer the question- why would God look down on himself and speak at himself and then call himself his son?
No, we don't- it needs to be understood that way to make the trinity work. Who do we pray to? God. Who takes our prayers to God, intercedes on our behalf? Christ. They are 2 seperate entities. In the beginning when he is creating man and he says "Let us make man in our image" are we saying that God talks to himself? Anyway, do the search like I said and see for yourself how many times he refers to his father in heaven- Jesus was not God. Some scripture:Matt.7[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.Matt.1032] Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.Matt.1250] For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.Matt.24[36] But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. That's only a few. This would take at least an hour. Braveheart said he was speechless- yeah, me too. I have no idea where you guys are coming from. He specifically again and again refers to his father as something else somehwhere else, how can you miss that? That's nice. It doesn't answer my question one bit, but it's nice. So, answer the question- why would God look down on himself and speak at himself and then call himself his son?
Lois i am not sure what u posted has to do with what i said....Yes God the Father and Jesus are seperate people. But in terms of who They were, They were both God and equal in that sense.
Lois i am not sure what u posted has to do with what i said....Yes God the Father and Jesus are seperate people. But in terms of who They were, They were both God and equal in that sense.
One is referred to as God's son, by God and one is referred as his father in heaven by his son. They are not both Gods. Jesus was master, lord of lords and king of kings, but not God. We do not worship Jesus, there is a definite distinction between the 2. If Jesus was God, and equal to him, he would know when he was coming back. He doesn't- he is not privy to that information.
One is referred to as God's son, by God and one is referred as his father in heaven by his son. They are not both Gods. Jesus was master, lord of lords and king of kings, but not God. We do not worship Jesus, there is a definite distinction between the 2. If Jesus was God, and equal to him, he would know when he was coming back. He doesn't- he is not privy to that information.
o wow lois im going to have to disagree with u on this one and say that there is plenty of verses to back up Jesus's assertion as being God
Lois, I'm not sure what denomination, if any, of Christian you are. However, as a Catholic and Christian, I believe that Jesus IS God IS the Holy Spirit. This is a rather trite example, but imagine a three leaf clover: one stem, three parts. Three parts of one God.
Within Christianity, the doctrine of the Trinity states that God is a single Being who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a perichoresis of three persons (personae, prosopa): Father (the Source, the Eternal Majesty); the Son (the eternal Logos or Word, incarnate as Jesus of Nazareth); and the Holy Spirit (the Paraclete or advocate).

I know what the Trinity is. Biblically it doesn't exist. So, Sluggo, instead of copying and pasteing from a site, I challenge you to biblically prove the Trinity, and when you can't do it somebody else take a shot.

LoisWhen you pray to God who are you praying to?
God.
o wow lois im going to have to disagree with u on this one and say that there is plenty of verses to back up Jesus's assertion as being God
Good. Post some.
Wow. LMD is asking for sources and evidence. I'm flabbergasted.(no offense, I'm just telling you how I feel)
Can you say hypocrite?Ironically I believe he may be right on this one - however it would be nice if he was courteous enough to do what he is requesting Matt to do.
Wow. LMD is asking for sources and evidence. I'm flabbergasted.
No, just biblical backing for what they are saying.
What's that? The Bible isn't evidence. Who would've figured?
I know what the Trinity is. Biblically it doesn't exist. So, Sluggo, instead of copying and pasteing from a site, I challenge you to biblically prove the Trinity, and when you can't do it somebody else take a shot. God. Good. Post some.
but who is God? Is it the Father who was in Heaven...Is it the Holy Spirit who actually indwells people and guides them? Is the Jesus who is our Savior that allows us into heaven.Just saying God doesnt tell me anything. Is there any biblical evidence to say Jesus was less then the Father...or that the Holy Spirit is less than the others??? Why is it that there is reference to all 3 in the same sentence in terms of prayer? (Father, Son and Holy Spirit?)...If the other 2 werent God why would they pray to them?Ill start a new thread on the trinity so we dont clutter this one up...and ill show biblical evidence for all 3 ok?
but who is God? Is it the Father who was in Heaven...Is it the Holy Spirit who actually indwells people and guides them? Is the Jesus who is our Savior that allows us into heaven.Just saying God doesnt tell me anything. Is there any biblical evidence to say Jesus was less then the Father...or that the Holy Spirit is less than the others??? Why is it that there is reference to all 3 in the same sentence in terms of prayer? (Father, Son and Holy Spirit?)...If the other 2 werent God why would they pray to them?Ill start a new thread on the trinity so we dont clutter this one up...and ill show biblical evidence for all 3 ok?
Ahh- there is the rub. Where is the evidence that you should be praying to anything but God? And I mean scripture, even though that won't be enough for Canada. :club:
What's that? The Bible isn't evidence. Who would've figured?
Christianity is based on that book- where else should I go to prove christian ideas/philosophy/doctrine? Charmed's Book of Spells? Calvin and Hobbes comics?
Oh, and they are all equal but not the same being. The three agree as one, as should anything that presents a unified front. If you have 3 soldiers, and they form a formation and work together to kill 50 men, would you say one man killed 50 men? No- they are obviously 3. On second thought, this stuff is so easy I don't see why you need a whole new thread.
Christianity is based on that book- where else should I go to prove christian ideas/philosophy/doctrine? Charmed's Book of Spells? Calvin and Hobbes comics?
Go look at the post again genius. Sluggo said you were asking for evidence. You said you weren't, you were looking for backing from the Bible. The implication is that you are suggesting the Bible can't be used as evidence. It's a joke.Do people have to explain knock-knocks to you?
Go look at the post again genius. Sluggo said you were asking for evidence. You said you weren't, you were looking for backing from the Bible. The implication is that you are suggesting the Bible can't be used as evidence. It's a joke.Do people have to explain knock-knocks to you?
I don't find anything you post remotely funny.
Ahh- there is the rub. Where is the evidence that you should be praying to anything but God? And I mean scripture, even though that won't be enough for Canada. :club: Christianity is based on that book- where else should I go to prove christian ideas/philosophy/doctrine? Charmed's Book of Spells? Calvin and Hobbes comics? Oh, and they are all equal but not the same being. The three agree as one, as should anything that presents a unified front. If you have 3 soldiers, and they form a formation and work together to kill 50 men, would you say one man killed 50 men? No- they are obviously 3. On second thought, this stuff is so easy I don't see why you need a whole new thread.
but u still havent answered the question....when you pray to God which one of u praying to? Biblically we know that all three were prayed so you cant just say God.
but u still havent answered the question....when you pray to God which one of u praying to? Biblically we know that all three were prayed so you cant just say God.
Show me where all 3 were prayed to and we will go from there. Here is an interesting question- it is unforgiveable to curse the holy spirit, but not unforgiveable to curse God or Christ. Why is that?