Christianity And The Theory Of Evolution By Natural Selection

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus was a man. So it follows he had DNA, right?
You would have to assume so. It is a dumb, unanswerable question. You know, in school they tell you there are no dumb questions. I believed it until about this past month, when you showed up with all your loony questions.
I think sluggo's brain is still evolving. Let's hope the questions evolve some real meaning.
what i find interesting is sluggo claims to have a high SAT score yet his comments so far lead me to wonder if he has even taken them.

I don't understand why you're insulting me rather than continuing the discussion.We've established that it makes sense for Jesus to have had DNA. If his mother was Mary, does it follow that, on average, half of Jesus' DNA is hers? From there, does it follow the other half came from the holy spirit?

I don't understand why you're insulting me rather than continuing the discussion.We've established that it makes sense for Jesus to have had DNA. If his mother was Mary, does it follow that, on average, half of Jesus' DNA is hers? I just don't understand where Jesus' DNA came from. Did the holy spirit just create some extra DNA?
The gaps were filled in with frog DNA.
We've established that it makes sense for Jesus to have had DNA. If his mother was Mary, does it follow that, on average, half of Jesus' DNA is hers? I just don't understand where Jesus' DNA came from. Did the holy spirit just create some extra DNA?
obviously god is capable of creating either 100% DNA (adam) or 50% (eve) :club::D:D:D:):):):club::P:P:club:

See, that was a simple, clear answer. No insults were necessary.And it brings me to some points I was curious about:How/why did God/holy spirit choose which DNA to use? (Like why did they choose to make Jesus a man and not a woman? This question isn't rhetorical.)And why did God choose different DNA for Adam and Jesus? Why not make them both perfect?

I've read the bible, both the OT and NT. Jesus (the man) is dead. His soul lives on in heaven.
So did Jesus have DNA? If so, where did it come from?In the verse 3:54 from Surah Ale Allah says: 3:54 Behold! Allah Said: "O Isa! I shall cause you to die and I shall exalt you towards me and I shall clear you of those who reject Faith, and I am going to make those who follow you above those who reject Faith - until the day of Awakening. Then towards Me is your return, so that I shall decide among you as to in which you used to differ.See, Jesus IS dead.
First, You claim to have read the entire Bible, which is clearly untrue.Second, YOU SAY that because you have read the entire BIBLE you know that Jesus' body died and stayed on Earth.Third, the 'evidence' you give is from the Quran, instead of from the Bible, which is how you supposedly knew in the first place. Even though the Quranic verse you provided only backed up the Biblical side of the argument.Fourth, you make yourself look stupid, so why would anyone want to answer your obviously condescending 'questions'.Fifth, please get stomach cancerSixth, accept Jesus as your savior, because unlike me, he loves you.Seventh, die.Oh, and here is an actual reference of his NOT dying from the Bible....Luke 2450When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.oh... and your quote from the Quran is talked about here...Orthodox Muslims point to this Quranic verse to support their interpretation of the hadith (mentioned later) that refer to a return of Jesus Christ to establish Islam. It is important to note that all Muslims regard only the Arabic Quran as authentic, all other language versions being a translation. The above verse comes from the Yusuf Ali English translation, probably the most respected by orthodox Muslims, who believe 3:54 states that Jesus was taken up to heaven (“raise thee to Myself”) alive.
Funny?I provided a cogent argument with a source to back it up. I don't get where the humor is.
LOL... no.

First, You claim to have read the entire Bible, which is clearly untrue.It's true.Second, YOU SAY that because you have read the entire BIBLE you know that Jesus' body died and stayed on Earth.This is a lie. One, I never said Jesus died because I read the bible. Two, I wasn't using the bible to justify my answer. I used the Q'uran.Third, the 'evidence' you give is from the Quran, instead of from the Bible, which is how you supposedly knew in the first place. Even though the Quranic verse you provided only backed up the Biblical side of the argument.I read the bible. I don't believe the bible. There is a key difference. If the Bible is true, then Jesus is alive.Fourth, you make yourself look stupid, so why would anyone want to answer your obviously condescending 'questions'.Stupid is your judgement, not mine. If you don't like my questions don't answer them.Fifth, please get stomach cancerWhy do you keep insulting me? Just to make yourself feel better? If Jesus was in your place, would he insult me? Or would he patiently answer my questions in order to enlighten me?Sixth, accept Jesus as your savior, because unlike me, he loves you.I have my whole life ahead of me. I'll just live it how I want, and then convert on my deathbed.Seventh, die.I plan on it.Oh, and here is an actual reference of his NOT dying from the Bible....Duh. Of course he's alive if you believe the bible.Luke 2450When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.oh... and your quote from the Quran is talked about here...Orthodox Muslims point to this Quranic verse to support their interpretation of the hadith (mentioned later) that refer to a return of Jesus Christ to establish Islam. It is important to note that all Muslims regard only the Arabic Quran as authentic, all other language versions being a translation. The above verse comes from the Yusuf Ali English translation, probably the most respected byorthodox Muslims, who believe 3:54 states that Jesus was taken up to heaven (“raise thee to Myself”) alive.LOL... no.Islam believes Jesus is in heaven and he'll return, but not that he's alive.

Good luck converting on your death bed. What if you die sudddenly, like if angry religous fanatics from the internet show up and smother you in your sleep. What's your grandiose plan then?
oh oh i think lois has your address
First, You claim to have read the entire Bible, which is clearly untrue.It's true.
Might want to actually study it since you clearly have no clue what ur talking about
Second, YOU SAY that because you have read the entire BIBLE you know that Jesus' body died and stayed on Earth.This is a lie. One, I never said Jesus died because I read the bible. Two, I wasn't using the bible to justify my answer. I used the Q'uran.
hmmm so you go to an outside source that has a huge reason for wanting to lie about the life of Jesus (see Islam) and use that as your source? Are you kidding me...go ask ur highschool teacher if this would ever fly. Seriously now
Third, the 'evidence' you give is from the Quran, instead of from the Bible, which is how you supposedly knew in the first place. Even though the Quranic verse you provided only backed up the Biblical side of the argument.I read the bible. I don't believe the bible. There is a key difference. If the Bible is true, then Jesus is alive.
And its relevant how? You decided that b/c you didnt believe the bible that u could go to outside sources to try and prove anything? Honestly do you ride the short bus to school? Id love to see u try this with anything else...This is like you trying to justify an apple by bringing an orange.
Fourth, you make yourself look stupid, so why would anyone want to answer your obviously condescending 'questions'.Stupid is your judgement, not mine. If you don't like my questions don't answer them.
Stupid in anybodies judgement. I would love to see u make these arguemnts to anybody..they would laugh at you.
Fifth, please get stomach cancerWhy do you keep insulting me? Just to make yourself feel better? If Jesus was in your place, would he insult me? Or would he patiently answer my questions in order to enlighten me?
Unfortunately for you Jesus isnt here so you have to deal with us
Sixth, accept Jesus as your savior, because unlike me, he loves you.I have my whole life ahead of me. I'll just live it how I want, and then convert on my deathbed.
Wont work...why? b/c you cant just say "ok im a christian" You dont believe something truely in ur heart and you think the person who made ur heart and knows everything about u is going to believe you...Keep dreaming..Also say your walking somewhere and get hit by a car...didnt have the time to convert then did yah?
Seventh, die.I plan on it.
and you know the time and date of ur death?
Oh, and here is an actual reference of his NOT dying from the Bible....Duh. Of course he's alive if you believe the bible.
and ur evidence for why the koran is a beter choice then the bible is ?????Luke 2450When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.oh... and your quote from the Quran is talked about here...Orthodox Muslims point to this Quranic verse to support their interpretation of the hadith (mentioned later) that refer to a return of Jesus Christ to establish Islam. It is important to note that all Muslims regard only the Arabic Quran as authentic, all other language versions being a translation. The above verse comes from the Yusuf Ali English translation, probably the most respected byorthodox Muslims, who believe 3:54 states that Jesus was taken up to heaven (“raise thee to Myself”) alive.LOL... no.Islam believes Jesus is in heaven and he'll return, but not that he's alive.again see above argument as to why it is better for Jesus to be alive then dead. Hmmm do you think if they admitted Jesus was a live that people would follow the Koran....Please think....you claim to be smart but so far u are one of the worst posters i have seen on here

hmmm so you go to an outside source that has a huge reason for wanting to lie about the life of Jesus (see Islam) and use that as your source? Are you kidding me...go ask ur highschool teacher if this would ever fly. Seriously nowAnd its relevant how? You decided that b/c you didnt believe the bible that u could go to outside sources to try and prove anything? Honestly do you ride the short bus to school? Id love to see u try this with anything else...This is like you trying to justify an apple by bringing an orange. and ur evidence for why the koran is a beter choice then the bible is ?????1) Why would Islam want to lie about Jesus being alive in Heaven?2) Why is the Bible acceptable evidence, but not the Q'uran?Orthodox Muslims point to this Quranic verse to support their interpretation of the hadith (mentioned later) that refer to a return of Jesus Christ to establish Islam. It is important to note that all Muslims regard only the Arabic Quran as authentic, all other language versions being a translation. The above verse comes from the Yusuf Ali English translation, probably the most respected byorthodox Muslims, who believe 3:54 states that Jesus was taken up to heaven (“raise thee to Myself”) alive.LOL... no.again see above argument as to why it is better for Jesus to be alive then dead. Hmmm do you think if they admitted Jesus was a live that people would follow the Koran....Please think....you claim to be smart but so far u are one of the worst posters i have seen on here3) That is a mistranslation. Wafat means death, or take away soul.

hmmm so you go to an outside source that has a huge reason for wanting to lie about the life of Jesus (see Islam) and use that as your source? Are you kidding me...go ask ur highschool teacher if this would ever fly. Seriously nowAnd its relevant how? You decided that b/c you didnt believe the bible that u could go to outside sources to try and prove anything? Honestly do you ride the short bus to school? Id love to see u try this with anything else...This is like you trying to justify an apple by bringing an orange. and ur evidence for why the koran is a beter choice then the bible is ?????1) Why would Islam want to lie about Jesus being alive in Heaven?2) Why is the Bible acceptable evidence, but not the Q'uran?Orthodox Muslims point to this Quranic verse to support their interpretation of the hadith (mentioned later) that refer to a return of Jesus Christ to establish Islam. It is important to note that all Muslims regard only the Arabic Quran as authentic, all other language versions being a translation. The above verse comes from the Yusuf Ali English translation, probably the most respected byorthodox Muslims, who believe 3:54 states that Jesus was taken up to heaven (“raise thee to Myself”) alive.LOL... no.again see above argument as to why it is better for Jesus to be alive then dead. Hmmm do you think if they admitted Jesus was a live that people would follow the Koran....Please think....you claim to be smart but so far u are one of the worst posters i have seen on here3) That is a mistranslation. Wafat means death, or take away soul.
1. Hmm if a person claiming to be God, did miracles predicted His death, died and rose again...what religion do you think people would follow? Please think about that. By saying Jesus is dead and in heaven, they show him to be an important person yet they keep Him from being deemed a God...please think2. If we were discussing Allah or Muhammad we could look at what the Koran says. But we are discussiong christianity and the claims of Jesus. As i showed the Koran has a very real reason to discredit Jesus. If i wanted to read about Tiger Woods would I read his biography or would I read Phil Mickelsons?
1. Hmm if a person claiming to be God, did miracles predicted His death, died and rose again...what religion do you think people would follow? Please think about that. By saying Jesus is dead and in heaven, they show him to be an important person yet they keep Him from being deemed a God...please think2. If we were discussing Allah or Muhammad we could look at what the Koran says. But we are discussiong christianity and the claims of Jesus. As i showed the Koran has a very real reason to discredit Jesus. If i wanted to read about Tiger Woods would I read his biography or would I read Phil Mickelsons?
1) That's because Jesus is not a god. According to the Q'uran, he is merely a prophet. I can back this fact up with many quotes. Also, Islam has no motivation to lie about Jesus. According to the Bible, he is a god. You can back this up with many quotes. What's the point of doing so?2) Your Tiger Woods analogy isn't apt. Both books discuss Jesus heavily, and it really comes down to what you believe, not which book has more sentences about him.Thanks you for addressing my points though. I appreciate it.
1) That's because Jesus is not a god. According to the Q'uran, he is merely a prophet. I can back this fact up with many quotes. Also, Islam has no motivation to lie about Jesus. According to the Bible, he is a god. You can back this up with many quotes. What's the point of doing so?2) Your Tiger Woods analogy isn't apt. Both books discuss Jesus heavily, and it really comes down to what you believe, not which book has more sentences about him.Thanks you for addressing my points though. I appreciate it.
I hope people avoid reading ur posts...I think they will come off dumber for doing so...and what year was the koran written? According to the Koran Jesus was merely a prophet. If you are starting a new religion are u going to admit that another religions central figure is a God? Do you think people would follow Islam if it admitted that Jesus was the God and Savior...Seriously please think before you type..it saves us all a lot of time

The Q'uran is not about trying to smear a fake religion.It's about spiritual truth. If Jesus really was a god, don't you think the Q'uran would say so? Do you really think Islam would cover up the truth just to get more conversions from a false religion? I don't think so. That would be akin to Christianity making Jesus' godliness up, just so they would look better than Judaism. Do you think that happened? No.

The Q'uran is not about trying to smear a fake religion.It's about spiritual truth. If Jesus really was a god, don't you think the Q'uran would say so? Do you really think Islam would cover up the truth just to get more conversions from a false religion? I don't think so. That would be akin to Christianity making Jesus' godliness up, just so they would look better than Judaism. Do you think that happened? No.
i threw up a little when i read this...i wont be responding anymore to this nonsense...whenever u learn how to think please let me knowand p.s. since the koran didnt come to exist till around the 7th century...seems to be a little behind the times and had plenty to gain from smearing christianity