Mon Aug 07 15:18:00 PDT 2006All For CharityDavid Einhorn has just told Cardplayer.com that he has pledged all of his tournament winnings for the Main Event to charity. Einhorn has decided to give whatever he makes in this tournament directly to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Disease. I don't know who this guy is or what he does, but I want him to win.

The only thing I can figure is that guy must already be rich. I respect him for doing it, but it seems to me that would be a hard thing to do if you weren't already well off. But, if he's not, he's a MUCH better person than me.

David Einhorn is an asshole.
I actually know him personally, and you are 100% correct. He's a multi-millionaire, and got there by stepping on every unfortunate person he could. He may give all his winnings to charity (tax reasons i'm sure), but I bet he doesn't even tip the dealers if he wins.
Mon Aug 07 15:18:00 PDT 2006All For CharityDavid Einhorn has just told Cardplayer.com that he has pledged all of his tournament winnings for the Main Event to charity. Einhorn has decided to give whatever he makes in this tournament directly to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Disease. I don't know who this guy is or what he does, but I want him to win.
Him winning is bad for poker. It takes $12,000,000 out of the poker community. I doubt that PR from this will make much of a difference. I'm rooting against him.Also, has anyone else heard about that guy who gained musical talent after getting PD? Think of all the people who enjoy his compositions. Think all off the talent that will never been gained because of advancements from a $12,000,000 grant. This is a very, very bad thing.

this gets old because unfortunately a lot of people who say these things are doing it for PR reasons. Why not just donate the money after it's all over without announcing it? I hate PR moves, it's pretty convienient for him to do it now when the field is small and he can get some extra TV time and featurettes based on his "good will".

this gets old because unfortunately a lot of people who say these things are doing it for PR reasons. Why not just donate the money after it's all over without announcing it? I hate PR moves, it's pretty convienient for him to do it now when the field is small and he can get some extra TV time and featurettes based on his "good will".
Charity doesn't impress me, and if they're making a show of it it just pisses me off.
Him winning is bad for poker. It takes $12,000,000 out of the poker community. I doubt that PR from this will make much of a difference. I'm rooting against him.Also, has anyone else heard about that guy who gained musical talent after getting PD? Think of all the people who enjoy his compositions. Think all off the talent that will never been gained because of advancements from a $12,000,000 grant. This is a very, very bad thing.
You're pathetic to be against donations to charity. Sure you might not like the guy or have other reasons for not wanting him to win, but to think the money would be better in the poker community than for research is sad. "Nobody donate to so and so charity because what's his nuts became musically talented and can entertain us - we need more entertainment"
You're pathetic to be against donations to charity. Sure you might not like the guy or have other reasons for not wanting him to win, but to think the money would be better in the poker community than for research is sad. "Nobody donate to so and so charity because what's his nuts became musically talented and can entertain us - we need more entertainment"
First off all, I never said I was againt charity. Second, how would that be pathetic?
I actually know him personally, and you are 100% correct. He's a multi-millionaire, and got there by stepping on every unfortunate person he could. He may give all his winnings to charity (tax reasons i'm sure), but I bet he doesn't even tip the dealers if he wins.
If I were donating all my money to charity I wouldn't tip the dealers either. Charity needs the money more than they do.
Welcome to nine posts ago.
Wrong. If you remember the movie he repeats the statement flipping it back and forth. I was the first one to repeat what the first guy said, but I flipped it.So watch the movie, or at least know what you are talking about, thanks have a good day.

thanks great, people always like nice guys, i hope he makes the FT so everyone will get to know him on ESPN.