got a call last night from my bank to tell me i was overdrawn. turns out that my neteller account got compromised while i was in vegas playing the $2k event. the reason i am writing is to pass along a suggestion from the neteller security department. they are still unsure of how this is happening, but they think it comes from a keylogger. basically, someone installs a program on your computer that logs your keystrokes. so, you go to a site like neteller, and the program tracks what you type in the login/password boxes. the suggestion is to create a document, such as a word file, which holds all of your passwords. then, when you go to a site to type in your password, cut and paste the info from the file so that there are no keystrokes for the program to log. neteller took care of the problem and made me whole which was very nice. i hope this helps someone out there from having to deal with this bs.

Yup I always do that when I put passwords in anywhere. Copy+Paste is the bomb diggidy. :DIt's also good to have a decent firewall and anti-virus software as this can usually stop the problem before it starts.

And disable Instacash indefinitely. Set the limit down to $0 - you can still use EFT it just takes 3-5 days which gives you more time to cancel any suspicous transactions and realize you were hacked.

For the record, copy pasting is just a waste of time and won't help you. Most keyloggers can and do read the clipboard. If you have a keylogger living on your computer, you are screwed any way you cut it.

I have to say, the customer service provided by Neteller is tremendous.I had a meltdown one night, and instacashed my way into a $1200 hole of overdrawn funds, and their only concern is "keeping me as a customer", not getting their money back as fast as possible.Because of their understanding of the situation, I will be a neteller customer for life, and will praise their company every chance I get...(Until the collection agency comes...)

I have to say, the customer service provided by Neteller is tremendous.I had a meltdown one night, and instacashed my way into a $1200 hole of overdrawn funds, and their only concern is "keeping me as a customer", not getting their money back as fast as possible.Because of their understanding of the situation, I will be a neteller customer for life, and will praise their company every chance I get...(Until the collection agency comes...)
:club:
neteller said there is no way for them to get my banking info through neteller so it was safe. i haven't had any other problems online.
You're naive. They don't need your bank info - it is stored in your neteller account. It may be displayed as XXXXX4951 but they can still clean it out and then clean out your neteller account.

My bank has a "code" for the PIN/Pass word that changes everytime you use it.It shows up on the screen and means that the password appears different to keyloggers each time you use it.Maybe Neteller should adopt something similar.

I copy and past neteller info as well.I've had my Firepay account hacked before... so this time... when I switched to neteller I set a weekly limit of $50.. that way if my account is ever hacked all they can do is withdraw $50 and I'll find out about in time.I hear about this kind of stuff happening all the time... so everyone be careful. When I was with Firepay I had $800 withdrawn... so I learned my lesson.It can happen to anyone. So best of luck!

Here's a better solution.Create a new bank account with your branch, and keep it empty when you're not using it. Link this account to your Neteller account. (I ended up deleting my old Neteller account and creating a new one, linking it to my new bank account.)When you're ready to deposit into Neteller, transfer money from your real bank account into this new account, then move that money into Neteller. Now, when someone tries to hack into your real bank account, there's nothing in there for them to take.

I feel compelled to warn you guys about this also.A couple days ago my neteller acount got hacked into. Not sure how but we're thinking it was a keylogger.He tried taking $10,000 from my bank account. I had no money in neteller at the time so he went ahead and tried to withdraw money. He also tried to change my email address (no idea what for) but that was the saver for me. I had changed my email address a few times in the past and neteller has an automatic shutdown on your account if you change it too many times. The account shut down and he never got the $10,000. I've yet to completely go over the situation with Neteller because the security department was closed when I called yesterday and they don't open until Monday. From what the basic support told me, the money is just sitting in lock down so to speak.For those people that think, screw it.....it won't happen to me. Just watch out. I never even thought about it being possible for someone to hack into my account. Keyloggers are some nasty crap and can really screw you. This hacker has basically taken over my complete identity changing various passwords and accounts and also taking over my website.It blows big time and even though I do tons of business online I will most likely close down my neteller account. The suggestions of using multiple bank accounts would work, but only for people with smaller transactions. When most of your transactions are in the 10K range, you can really get fu#*ed.Be very careful or you'll end up like me. Bitter and wanting to go live on a deserted island to get away from all the theives and scum bags of this world.Ah, I feel much better.Take it easy,