Wsop Main Event Favorites

Here are the 20 pros that have the best shot at winning the main event this year. I have ranked them based on how good I think their chances are, but have put them in groups of five rather than going from one to twenty because these pros are so good it would be hard to list them from one to twenty in that way. Here is my list:1 Phil Ivey1 John Juanda1 Daniel Negreanu1 Phil Hellmuth1 Howard Lederer2 Alan Cunningham2 Johnny Chan2 Dan Harrington2 Marcel Luske2 Chip Reese3 Barry Greenstein3 Chris Ferguson3 Erick Lindgren3 Jennifer Harman3 John D'agostino4 Layne Flack4 Doyle Brunson4 Erik Seidel4 Scotty Nguyen4 Mike MatusowI almost left Doyle out due to the fact that he is getting up there in age and I don't know if he still has the stamina to go through a week-long tourny. Any other names that should be on here, and who would you take off to add said person?

Dark Horse = William Chen

Doyle is still hanging on in the 5K shorthanded event. In about the position that Daniel is in in the pot-limit tourney. I thought it was odd that Daniel was playing the pot limit game instead of the 5K short handed....I think his skill would put him up there in the odds short handed.Basically, my point is, the phenominal thing about Doyle is that he is STILL playing top tier poker at his age. He has gone deep in every event he entered.Mizrachi is tearing things up this year, I expect him to be at his best for the main event. I might stack your 4 grooup at 2.

I'll bet on the field.
I would too. The thing is, the favorite (Phil Ivey) is 250-1 to win. If you put an equal amount of money on the top 20 pros, you would make a killing if one of them does win the main event just once in the next decade. I would take even money that a pro is going to win at least once in the next ten years, and these are the pros most likely to win it. I am getting better than even money. Just a thought.
I would too. The thing is, the favorite (Phil Ivey) is 250-1 to win. If you put an equal amount of money on the top 20 pros, you would make a killing if one of them does win the main event just once in the next decade. I would take even money that a pro is going to win at least once in the next ten years, and these are the pros most likely to win it. I am getting better than even money. Just a thought.
I'd still bet the field over the next 10 years.
Doyle is still hanging on in the 5K shorthanded event. In about the position that Daniel is in in the pot-limit tourney. I thought it was odd that Daniel was playing the pot limit game instead of the 5K short handed....I think his skill would put him up there in the odds short handed.Basically, my point is, the phenominal thing about Doyle is that he is STILL playing top tier poker at his age. He has gone deep in every event he entered.Mizrachi is tearing things up this year, I expect him to be at his best for the main event. I might stack your 4 grooup at 2.
I agree with you, but the thing is he is going deep in events that last three days (at most). The ME is a lot longer than any other tourney, and I don't know if he could last THAT long in a tourney and still be at the top of his game. That, and he more than any other pro will be a target as people will try and bust him out (as people will do with other pros, but I think it will be worse for Doyle than any other pro).Flack and The Mouth have been known to blow up before, so they should be higher IF they are on top of their game. If they are, then I would put them much higher, but that is a big if. The reason I put the members of group one on top is that they have proven that they can get through these huge fields, have world class poker chops, AND are consistent in their play in that they play their "A game" more consistently than most of the other pros.
Hellmuth is is your FIRST GROUP????
Yes. He has more bracelets in HE than anyone else in the history of the WSOP. If this was a mixed game ME, then he wouldn't make my list, but luckily for him the ME is in his best game. I would bet that if you ask any pro to name their top 5 favorites to win the ME, excluding him or herself, that Hellmuth's name would come up more often than anyone except Ivey.Why wouldn't you put him as one of the top five favorites?

i wholeheartedly disagree with you. Lets leave it at that.Oh ya, and hellmuth just final tabled an Omaha event did he not?I think he has some well-rounded talent, but Hellmuth will not win the World Series of Poker Main Event ever again.

Here are my top 20 and their odds of winning that I've given them:DANIEL NEGREANU 120-1 PHIL IVEY 135-1 CHRIS FERGUSON 170-1 MICHAEL MIZRACHI 170-1 PATRIK ANTONIUS 200-1 PHIL HELLMUTH 200-1 DAN HARRINGTON 200-1 TED FORREST 225-1 JOHNNY CHAN 250-1 ALAN GOEHRING 250-1 GUS HANSEN 250-1 MARCEL LUSKE 260-1 TUAN LEE 260-1 ERIK SEIDEL 260-1 DOYLE BRUNSON 260-1 ALLEN CUNNINGHAM 280-1 BARRY GREENSTEIN 280-1 CARLOS MORTENSEN 300-1 ERIC LINDGREN 300-1 GAVIN SMITH 300-1 If you want to see my top 300,click here: *****

Here are my top 20 and their odds of winning that I've given them:DANIEL NEGREANU 120-1 PHIL IVEY 135-1 CHRIS FERGUSON 170-1 MICHAEL MIZRACHI 170-1 PATRIK ANTONIUS 200-1 PHIL HELLMUTH 200-1 DAN HARRINGTON 200-1 TED FORREST 225-1 JOHNNY CHAN 250-1 ALAN GOEHRING 250-1 GUS HANSEN 250-1 MARCEL LUSKE 260-1 TUAN LEE 260-1 ERIK SEIDEL 260-1 DOYLE BRUNSON 260-1 ALLEN CUNNINGHAM 280-1 BARRY GREENSTEIN 280-1 CARLOS MORTENSEN 300-1 ERIC LINDGREN 300-1 GAVIN SMITH 300-1 If you want to see my top 300,click here: *****
You would take Alan Goehring, Tuan Lee, and Patrik Antonius before Howard Lederer and John Juanda? Are you serious?
i wholeheartedly disagree with you. Lets leave it at that.Oh ya, and hellmuth just final tabled an Omaha event did he not?I think he has some well-rounded talent, but Hellmuth will not win the World Series of Poker Main Event ever again.
I agree he has a good well rounded game, bit he has only won WSOP bracelets in one game, so I wouldn't say he would be a favorite if the ME was in HORSE and not NLHE. I am sure he can play all games well, but he is a much bigger favorite in HE than in any other game.Why do you wholeheartedly disagree with me?

ill take the field every year, the fields are way too big. a "top pro" hasnt won since 2001 and mortenson wasnt really a top pro then. why do you guys spend all this time making up absurd odds for these pros to win when the chances are there will be maybe 1 pro at the final table

Hellmuth is is your FIRST GROUP????
He's had a great series so far

The truth is, any of these pros are capable of winning. But it will take some serious luck to actually pull out a victory. With huge fields, you will probably need to win at least a dozen coin flips and suck out 4 or 5 times. I put Kanter in the first group.

ill take the field every year, the fields are way too big. a "top pro" hasnt won since 2001 and mortenson wasnt really a top pro then. why do you guys spend all this time making up absurd odds for these pros to win when the chances are there will be maybe 1 pro at the final table
Even if there is only one pro at the final table, I would take that one pro over eight other random people.