• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there any way you can work out a deal with FCP (FCP info might be able to help) in which we could do something to make the events how we want them like u said the $1 buy in or something or waive the fees for it something like that

is there any way you can work out a deal with FCP (FCP info might be able to help) in which we could do something to make the events how we want them like u said the $1 buy in or something or waive the fees for it something like that
I cant really do it on fcp unless you can transfer funds (like a switch on party to fcp)long story dont want to explain itSo absolute/stars/party/tilt would be sweet otherwise i cant really do it
August 13th??can we please have it later at night, in the evening if its on a sunday?also could we maybe schedule for the following weekend instead of starting the 13th?i'm sure lots of us have stuff goin on over th enext few weekends
I second this motion.
List updated again, also, had a couple questions about start dateWe will start on either July 31, August 6, or August 13. Depends on how many people will be in the WSOP.
EDIT: I'm a donkey and don't read the rest of the page before I reply....well looks like i'll be booking a few monday nights offEDIT EDIT: I'm sorry but can people please stop subtly hinting at DN or FCP adding to the prize pool, it's ANNOYING. They do a lot, and i'm pretty sure bob is working super hard with the OP to organize this. If they are going to add something then they would have already made up their minds probably and don't need some wiseass trolling for freebies! END RANT

I emailed before, Im in.... but a question..... how about the use of a substitute player in the event you cannot play? there will prolly be a night where I absolutely cannot play....

yeahAbsolute is the nuts
That's because you don't have $ on FCP.I wouldn't mind it at Stars or UB where I have $, but I don't want to sign up for an account at Absolute just to play this event. Should be where most people can play.
I emailed before, Im in.... but a question..... how about the use of a substitute player in the event you cannot play? there will prolly be a night where I absolutely cannot play....
Good question, I have given this a thought, and with having to play 5 matches over 5 weeks, I can understand an alternate. If nobody has a real problem with one substitution in the prelims, I would accept that.
Also, just a reminder, FCP shorthanded is only allows 5 players per table.
FCP private Sng can start with any amount 2-50, as I can manually start it.
I wouldn't mind it at Stars or UB where I have $, but I don't want to sign up for an account at Absolute just to play this event. Should be where most people can play.
the problem with at least party and stars is the same problem for the low buyin I have with FCP, party doesnt allow private tournaments and stars makes it a 10+1 at least, I havent looked at UB, but as far as I know Absolute allows 1+.1 private tournaments/sng to go. If anyone knows any other site that more people play on and allows private micro buyin tournaments, let me know.EDIT:List updated... and interest is high....
FCP private Sng can start with any amount 2-50, as I can manually start it.
Yes, but if you want to do a 6-handed SnG, it will not work.On the Players per Table, you can only chose 10, 5, or 2.

Hi Everybody, I'm going to reply in a general way. I haven't really replied to zsta2k6 in any private e-mails.At the moment I'm super busy with the Poker Lifestyle consumer show at the Rio coming up and planning for the launch of the qualifying to be Negreanu's Next Protege so I haven't gone over the proposal in detail so if some of my comments are wrong I apologize.These sort of leagues/competitions are a lot more involved for the person organizing things then anybody realizes until they get started. The logistics of scheduling is very difficult.Here are some of the potential problem areas.1. Explicit rules need to be decided on that everybody agrees to before the start, if you don't like the rules don't enter.2. An exact schedule should be published and lived with. 3. The person running the league has to be trusted to make fair decisions based on the published rules. 4. Who holds the entry money ? If FCP is going to have any sort of sponsorship of this we can hold the entry fees and pay the winners. We won't have any connection to an event where an individual is holding the money. I think the reasons for this are obvious.5. Using the private tournament feature is the way to go. I can make suggestions about how best to use that feature to make sure only the players you want to enter a tournament do so.6. If necessary we can create a championship tourney with restricted access but to do it for the preliminary tourneys is just too involved.7. My suggestion is to try and plan the event to start after Labor Day. That will give enough time for proper planning and also will get the Summer and WSOP out of the way. If this event gets off I'm sure we can sweeten the pot and it may be something that we can help with the organization of but until the WSOP is over it isn't something we can spend much time on.BobFCP Poker Manager

I AM SHOCKED THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A H.O.R.S.E. EVENT! AND WHAT'S UP WITH THE 'HIGH' BUY IN AT LESS THAN A THOUSAND BUCKS?!?!?sign me up for the low buy-in no limit hold'em, please

Hi Everybody, I'm going to reply in a general way. I haven't really replied to zsta2k6 in any private e-mails.At the moment I'm super busy with the Poker Lifestyle consumer show at the Rio coming up and planning for the launch of the qualifying to be Negreanu's Next Protege so I haven't gone over the proposal in detail so if some of my comments are wrong I apologize.These sort of leagues/competitions are a lot more involved for the person organizing things then anybody realizes until they get started. The logistics of scheduling is very difficult.Here are some of the potential problem areas.1. Explicit rules need to be decided on that everybody agrees to before the start, if you don't like the rules don't enter.2. An exact schedule should be published and lived with. 3. The person running the league has to be trusted to make fair decisions based on the published rules. 4. Who holds the entry money ? If FCP is going to have any sort of sponsorship of this we can hold the entry fees and pay the winners. We won't have any connection to an event where an individual is holding the money. I think the reasons for this are obvious.5. Using the private tournament feature is the way to go. I can make suggestions about how best to use that feature to make sure only the players you want to enter a tournament do so.6. If necessary we can create a championship tourney with restricted access but to do it for the preliminary tourneys is just too involved.7. My suggestion is to try and plan the event to start after Labor Day. That will give enough time for proper planning and also will get the Summer and WSOP out of the way. If this event gets off I'm sure we can sweeten the pot and it may be something that we can help with the organization of but until the WSOP is over it isn't something we can spend much time on.BobFCP Poker Manager
1. A complete rule sheet will be posted right after this post.2. Working on that... 3. I have experience running video game tournaments and leagues, even being voted TD of the year once.4. Ideally, I would like to see FCP sponsor this event, because that would make collection and payout much, much easier for players and me alike. Personally, I would much rather FCP collect and payout than I.5. How I planned to do it after recieving your last email, and any suggestions you give would be much appreciated.6. That would be nice to cut down on rake for the heads up matches.7. Suggestion noted, and will probably be followed as it only adds 2 weeks to the current estimated start date.That would be awesome if FCP could help in basically any way. My goal is to run this event as smoothly as possible, and I am positive the backing of FCP will only add to that. This message will also be sent via email. A detailed rulesheet can be found below.RULESTable Setup:Game - No Limit Hold'emBuy in - $5+.50Blind Structure - Slow (15 minute levels)Starting Chip Stack - 1,500Tournament Structure:This is a multi-round tournamentPreliminary Stage - Each player plays 5 preliminary matches against 5 opponents, with points given for place.1st-10 pts2nd-7 pts3rd-5 pts4th-3 pts5th-1 pts6th-0 ptsThe top 16 will advance to the next round.Round of 16 - Players will be grouped together based on place in the preliminary stage.Each group will play one four handed match, the winner advances to the quarterfinals.Then the group will play one three handed match, the winner of that also advances to the quarterfinals.Quarterfinals - Players will be grouped together based on place in the round of 16.Each group will play one match, with the top 2 in each group moving onto the semifinals.Semifinals - The winner of one quarterfinal will be paired against the 2nd place finisher of the other.Each pair will play a best of three heads-up series with the winner advancing to the finals.Finals - The two semifinal winners will play a best of five heads-up series to determine the winner of the tournament.Payout Structure:Preliminary win: $50 (20 winners)Round of 16 win: $75 (8 winners)Quarterfinal 2nd, 3rd or 4th: $75 (6 winners)Quarterfinal win: $150 (2 winners)Semifinal loss: $150 (2 winners)Semifinal win: $250 (2 winners)Final loss: $700 (one winner)Final win: $2000 (one winner)General Tournament Rules:Groupings - Preliminary groupings will be randomly assigned using a specialized program written in Java which I will make available for download.Tiebreakers - At the table - In the event two players are knocked out in the same hand, the player entering the hand with more chips will place higher. In the event the players have the same amount of chips when eliminated, the players will take the average of the points awarded. For example, with four players left, two players with the same amount of chips are knocked out, the players will each be awarded 3rd place for 4 points (3rd + 4th, divided by 2).In the preliminary - In the event two or more players have the same amount of points, the tiebreakers will be as follows1. Wins2. 2nd place finishes3. 3rd place finishes4. 4th place finishes5. Head to head place (place in groups where matches were played together)In the event the players are still tied after these tiebreakers, and the 16th and 17th position are involved in a tie, a tiebreaking match will take place. If 16th and 17th place are not involved, a tiebreaking match is optional, and may be played by the tied players if they wish.Substitutions:One substitution will be allowed during the preliminary stage. I must be notified by email or PM at least one hour before the match or your substitute will not be allowed to compete.Consolation Tournament:The 8 people eliminated in the round of 16 will be invited to play in a $150 added tournament. This tournament will follow standard rules. Buyin and payout are still yet to be decided.If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me at FCPsuperstars at gmail dot com, or pm me (zsta2k6)

so for the 1st round ($5 sng) you are still playing for the payout as well right, not just for points and so on for each round?

Announcements