Partygammon Warning

The point system for the new partygammon is buggy. Sometimes when you lose by 1 or 2 points the game will say you lost by 2 or 4 points. I wrote support and this is their respose:Dear xxxx,In regard to your email we like to inform you that we are already aware of the problem and we have forwarded this to the department concerned.Our technical department is already working on the issue and we assure to get it resolved at the earliest.We understand that this would be of great inconvenience but would surely keep a check that such instances do not happen in future.We request you to get back to us with the board ID or the game ID in which you have faced this problem so that we can look into the matter.We thank you for bringing the matter to our notice and we appreciate your patience in this regard.If you happen to have any other queries please write to us and we will be glad to assist you.Sincerely,MadanPartyGammon Customer Care

I love backgammon.....played last week until the racket broke and we lost the birdie...but how on earth can you play a game that physical online ? for money ?Badminton.gif

Trying to find a new vein is skill. Playing a game that uses dice or cards? No, I think not. Ask my luckbox gf about backgammon. Oh, wait, I forgot, people who win at these things consider themselves skilled! Silly me.

I love backgammon.....played last week until the racket broke and we lost the birdie...but how on earth can you play a game that physical online ? for money ?Badminton.gif
Badmitton is feckin-A!
Why would anyone play backgammon for money? .. It's pure luck
is this response serious?if so, you gotta be kidding me.

Same old story, people that don't win in poker or gammon consider themselves unlucky. It's not luck, you just suck. Gammon is as much a skill game as is poker, all the luck won't make a winner out of you on a regular basis, if you have no skill.

is this response serious?if so, you gotta be kidding me.
In truth, I was being serious (but perhaps from lack of education and only playing backgammon as a kid), but it always seemed to me, the guy that got more doubles was going to win, regardless of relative skill level.I am happy to be educated otherwise.
In truth, I was being serious (but perhaps from lack of education and only playing backgammon as a kid), but it always seemed to me, the guy that got more doubles was going to win, regardless of relative skill level.I am happy to be educated otherwise.
man, do I feel silly.I thought you were being sarcastic.it's a lot of luck and a lot of skilllike pokerenough skill to have long term winners and losers though.although a game of luck would have that as well.oh boy, you just gave me an idea for a thread.
recognizing sarcasm takes skill
recognizing seriousity takes skill. So does the invention of words.
In truth, I was being serious (but perhaps from lack of education and only playing backgammon as a kid), but it always seemed to me, the guy that got more doubles was going to win, regardless of relative skill level.
Yes...the guy who gets more doubles will win more regardless of relative skill. Just like the guy who gets dealt pocket aces twices as often as anyone else will win more in poker than anyone else. You are absolutely correct. It's all luck. Just dont tell Gus Hansen. He was highly ranked professional, and I think it would destroy him to learn it was all luck after all.