• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far this is a much better showing. I like the energy and the lineup...they are outplayin Italy to start this game imo
1-0 to Italy against the run of play. I think USA can get one back with the way they are playing. The Italians are famous for their defending though. Brilliant 1-1. Come on USA.DeRossi sent off. This game is geting better by the minute.
1-0 to Italy against the run of play. I think USA can get one back with the way they are playing. The Italians are famous for their defending though. Brilliant 1-1. Come on USA.DeRossi sent off. This game is geting better by the minute.
I like the physical play, but the flopping and cheap shots are childish.

ITV (British TV) are saying they can't believe DeRossi was trying to protest against the decision. Cheeky twat !

I like the physical play, but the flopping and cheap shots are childish.
Flopping ?, do you mean diving ?
Wow, I can't believe that was a red card, what horrible reffing.
He went in with studs showing. The refs have been told to act on this. He really didn't need to make a challenge like that in that position.
Flopping ?, do you mean diving ?
Call it what you want. Every time a Itialian striker is near the ball they are pulling shorts and jerseys and yanking players down or taking a dive to get a call.
Call it what you want. Every time a Itialian striker is near the ball they are pulling shorts and jerseys and yanking players down or taking a dive to get a call.
Welcome to the Italian game. It is frustrating though.
He went in with studs showing. The refs have been told to act on this. He really didn't need to make a challenge like that in that position.
Was an awful straight red...Though USA still has to be considered teh favorite in this game after the first half...Yes it was a hard foul so give the yellow. There was no intention to injury as with derossi. Not sure how such poor officiating is allowed in a world cup gameThe problem i have with the world cup so far is that the refs are callin games like this. They arent letting the players play...The refs should never be this much in the spotlight like they are. They are literally ruining games
Welcome to the Italian game. It is frustrating though.
Lets see if the ref has the balls to start carding italy for the diving. AFter the refs first half performance Im not thinking he does
Was an awful straight red...Though USA still has to be considered teh favorite in this game after the first half...Yes it was a hard foul so give the yellow. There was no intention to injury as with derossi. Not sure how such poor officiating is allowed in a world cup gameThe problem i have with the world cup so far is that the refs are callin games like this. They arent letting the players play...The refs should never be this much in the spotlight like they are. They are literally ruining games
It was a potentially dangerous challenge. Thats what the refs have been told to stamp out.It was a stupid challenge in a position where he didn't need to that. He went sliding in with 2 feet (studs showing) and connected on his ankle. If you want to blame anyone, blame the player.

What a joke. There is no way Mastroeni deserved a red card.

It was a potentially dangerous challenge. Thats what the refs have been told to stamp out.It was a stupid challenge in a position where he didn't need to that. He went sliding in with 2 feet (studs showing) and connected on his ankle. If you want to blame anyone, blame the player.
when u go sliding in of course ur cleats will be showing...kinda how the foot works...But to go straight red means there was intent to harm. And besides the italian acting like he had been shot the intent wasnt there. Was it a bad challenge...yes it wasnt the greatest but it was no worse than about 10 other challenges so far in the match...but he did make contact with the ball. This should have been a yellow at most. I am sorry but when a ref makes a call like this it is awful. You give a yellow not red in this situation.

Another red card? We are in ****. Thanks refs! Did he even touch him?

when u go sliding in of course ur cleats will be showing...kinda how the foot works...But to go straight red means there was intent to harm. And besides the italian acting like he had been shot the intent wasnt there. Was it a bad challenge...yes it wasnt the greatest but it was no worse than about 10 other challenges so far in the match...but he did make contact with the ball. This should have been a yellow at most. I am sorry but when a ref makes a call like this it is awful. You give a yellow not red in this situation.
when u go sliding in of course ur cleats will be showing...kinda how the foot works...But to go straight red means there was intent to harm. And besides the italian acting like he had been shot the intent wasnt there. It doesn't mean there was intent to harm. It means that it was a dangerous challenge that could cause serious harm.